Franchise Draft 2.0 - Official Draft Thread Topic

I have to disagree again.

You build your roster from the eligible seasons of the 25 players you drafted. That is the rule.

if you drafted an ineligible player, you should not be rewarded with a free pick of any other player from that franchise. That could be a huge advantage.

A major part part of the challenge of this draft is projecting what will happen in later rounds. Many of us would love to go back and change someone we chose early in the draft because of what’s available late in the draft(i.e.-who didn’t want Roger Clemens in that last round).

What is a fair solution I’m not sure.

There should be a penalty for picking an ineligible player.

We all worked very hard for a month to complete this draft. And the solutions proposed so far have not been fair to the rest of us.

Possibly a 200K-300K replacement.

FYI-We recently built a team in the WIS Championship
(Eddie and the Cruisers) that required we have a DH. We missed it in the rules. We play a player whose a 0 at DH every night. And we are still competitive. That’s the breaks.

If you screwed up, man up and take your lumps. And do better next time. That’s baseball.
9/12/2019 10:42 AM
The majority has voted in favor of allowing the exception. With that said, I will allow DarthDurron to replace two of his combined season players. The replacements he suggested on Page 51 of this thread (Wally Joyner & A.J. Pierczysnki) are acceptable substitutions.

However, given the conflict, strong feelings, and dissension, this is not a blanket rule change. Any other exceptions will need to be sent to me, and I will evaluate on a case-by-case basis. This is the final decision on the matter.

FYI that there are 19 teams that have been submitted. Rosters appear legal with no combined-season plays. If you have not entered your team, please do so ASAP. Thank you.
9/12/2019 12:29 PM
Play ball!
9/12/2019 2:10 PM
My last pick(BoSox round 24), a sub 300k bench player, is actually ineligible. So Steve Lyons will be replaced, with commish approval, by Jim Rice (a sub 300k season, similar bench scrub)
9/12/2019 7:36 PM

Partial/Full

(Next season we play post something like this before each round.)
9/12/2019 7:50 PM
replace Jim Voigt with Reuben Rivera, same reason as Boddeicker
9/13/2019 10:57 AM
I do not understand what is going on here now with Boddicker and Specsman.

These players are not "ineligible".

Steve Lyons has 3 eligible seasons with the Red Sox.

Jack "not Jim" Voigt has 2 eligible seasons with the Orioles.

They stay on their respective teams rosters.

Mr. Cubbie please get control of this league please before more people drop out.

9/13/2019 4:46 PM
Posted by vilefileman on 9/13/2019 4:46:00 PM (view original):
I do not understand what is going on here now with Boddicker and Specsman.

These players are not "ineligible".

Steve Lyons has 3 eligible seasons with the Red Sox.

Jack "not Jim" Voigt has 2 eligible seasons with the Orioles.

They stay on their respective teams rosters.

Mr. Cubbie please get control of this league please before more people drop out.

In both cases, these are bench players that are just filling out rosters. They are unlikely to make any significant impact whatsoever. In fact, if I choose to run this draft again (and, honestly, I've about had it!) there will be an exception to the combined seasons rule of players sub $500k. For a scrub season that's just filling out your roster, I really don't think it matters - nor does it impact the integrity of the league.

I've tried very hard not to direct comments at any one individual. I realize we're all human, we're all busy, and we all make mistakes. I also understand that being a commissioner comes with responsibility - and the headaches that come along with that responsibility. I've done my best to make fair and reasonable decisions. If you don't agree with them, you certainly have the right to your opinion (and I respect that).

Speaking of dropping out, I see that your team is no longer in the league. I will therefore assume that you have chosen to leave as well. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Well, it ain't happening twice and I won't get fooled again. I will be taking the Dodgers team.

If we have others that wish to leave, that's certainly your prerogative. If/when that occurs, I am done and someone else can try to resurrect the league if they so choose.
9/13/2019 5:27 PM
Posted by ronsouth1 on 9/11/2019 7:37:00 PM (view original):
i understand the problem i ran across it myself when i drafted david price from the tigers after i made the pick i noticed i had a combined season. i contacted mr cubbie who ruled i could not make a new selection, that was fine it was my fault so i used his partial. point i am trying to make is the owner should not benefit from this by getting to use combined seasons. i would suggest mr cubbie assign him 2 players rather than him cherry picking 2 players. some of you may not agree with my position and that is ok.
1) We did not leave the league. We took another look at our team to see if we could tweak it. Then put it back in.

2) If you read the post above, Mr. Cubbie clearly ruled back in round 10 you couldn’t replace a player who you drafted with eligible seasons.
So why are we allowing it now?

3) Replacing an eligible Steve Lyons with Jim Rice amounted to $400,000+ savings in team salary.

Replacing an eligible Jack Voigt with Reuben Rivera amounted to $700,000+ savings in team salary.

That is a significant advantage.

4) We don’t agree with all these changes but we worked too hard to quit this league. We have no intention of giving up our team for pointing out inconsistencies in the commissioners rulings.

5) Let’s play ball.
9/13/2019 10:18 PM
Sometimes you make rulings to keep the league competitive. Not because it's what you planned. Running these is not always easy. Let's enjoy the season.
9/14/2019 1:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...50|51|52
Franchise Draft 2.0 - Official Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.