Recruiting battles with SIM schools Topic

Posted by pwiest on 8/18/2019 9:17:00 AM (view original):
In Div II in Stagg, I just had an undecided SIM recruit who I offered a scholarship - but never had him turned green (was always undecided) - just sign with me. I was out of money and so stopped putting any effort on him and this morning he signed. Never had that happen before and had given up on him. Sent him an AC Scouting trip, a scholarship offer, 3 letters, 5 HC phone calls, and 3 AC phone calls = value of $495. I'm shocked. This was after putting $5,000 towards another player that I lost to a SIM. Even Steven?
I have had this go both ways with me. I have signed the guy and also not signed the guy. Coin toss if you ask me as to whether it works or not. Although I will say I have had the recruit sign more often than not.
8/21/2019 1:42 PM
Thanks to all of you for the input. I've been at this a long time and it seems like there's a periodic change to the SIM Engine...in both recruiting and game play. It's taken me a long time to get a decent recruiting strategy to where I can keep a team consistent. All of you are helping me realize a few things:

1) It's not just me noticing a change.
2) I'm going to have to adapt my recruiting strategy
3) Hit the SIMs hard and early.

Thanks you guys. It used to be ridiculously easy to recruit against SIM schools...even 2, sometimes 3 days into recruiting. It was relatively balanced a few seasons ago and now, It's time to adjust. We'll see. I'm going to try a few different things going into the next recruiting season. I'll try to keep this updated after I try different things. Then, there's those dang poaching DIA coaches swooping down to steal recruits. LOL

Just to update: I did contact the site admins to see if anything had changed with the recruiting engines. They said that nothing has changed in a long time. They said that it may just have to do with how badly the SIM coaches want the recruit and that I'm having a run of "bad luck". Dang...that's the longest streak of bad luck I've ever had. Although, they did echo one thing all of you have shared. Knock them off early, so that they don't build momentum with their recruiting efforts.
8/24/2019 4:28 PM (edited)
whats changed is fewer players playing
8/24/2019 5:21 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 8/24/2019 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Sadly, I agree .
8/25/2019 11:27 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 8/24/2019 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I think you’re right. That’s a shame too. As frustrating as this game can be at times, it is very enjoyable.
8/25/2019 4:39 PM
Just adding information for tracking updates of progress. I took a DIII team in Camp. I've tried some of the different suggestions added on here or sent to me via sitemail. I will say that incorporating various bits of information seemed to make the DIII recruiting much easier in reference to SIM schools. I will follow the same advice and try it in Leahy with the DIAA team that I've had "bad luck" with for the past several seasons. I will highly agree with something echoed by many of you...knock the SIMs off EARLY. That seems to be the best way to deal with them.

Thanks again to all the coaches posting on here. You're comments were not ignored.
8/30/2019 12:03 PM
◂ Prev 12
Recruiting battles with SIM schools Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.