Posted by livemike on 8/18/2019 11:16:00 PM (view original):
they should just create a new world that has DIA playoffs and watch it fill up
D1A playoffs and fluid elite programs. There would be no reason to play in any other division.
8/18/2019 11:56 PM
Is there a way to see what the most populated world is? I'd like the challenge of playing with less sims
8/19/2019 1:52 AM
Check the Guess Reports.
8/19/2019 3:54 AM
D1-A D1-AA D2 D3 Total
TOTAL TEAMS: 120 120 144 228 612
Human coaches:
Rockne 47 29 28 36 140
Camp 38 15 17 21 91
Bryant 44 17 13 26 100
Wilkinson 61 41 20 25 147
Leahy 50 18 25 35 128
Stagg 41 27 24 30 122
Warner 42 17 22 28 109
Heisman 39 28 27 27 121
Dobie 33 15 19 26 93
Hayes 32 12 19 25 88
Yost 45 21 12 27 105
8/19/2019 5:40 AM
So, studying the human totals in each world, with exceptions in Wilkinson and Heisman 1-AA, every world has the most players in D1-A followed by D3 then the other 2. Keep in mind that there are 72 "major" programs in D1-A and 48 "midmajors". I'm in Dobie and the D1-A competition is solid both conference and overall, and Dobie has about the fewest human teams. Coaches do a mostly good job at scheduling good non conference games too. I don't think there is a D1-A problem, at least population wise.

This would be controversial, but not much more than downsizing the number of worlds. What about cutting D3 and making D2 the entry level? Wouldn't that help consolidate just as much? Or like another suggestion, maybe have one or two D3 entry level worlds but don't force them to move up.
8/19/2019 8:42 AM
WIS is terminally ill. It's only a matter of time.
8/19/2019 8:57 AM
Posted by southpolefan on 8/19/2019 8:57:00 AM (view original):
WIS is terminally ill. It's only a matter of time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfe4TxvUOiw
8/19/2019 1:06 PM
Recruiting could be cut two or three days. Right now 4 and a half days pass between signings starting and the end of the period. Basically all that happens are last ditch recruiting battles over a small handful of left over recruits. A day and a half after signings should be plenty. You could also cut a day at the beginning with the 24 hour initial cycle.
8/19/2019 3:29 PM
Shrinking worlds would be great, but it needs to come with another change: lifespans. Coaching for 140+ seasons at a school is ridiculous. After your coach reaches 50 seasons coached (which means he is north of 75 years of age), he "retires", you get a new coach, and you're back in D3.

Implement this change, and when coaches retire, their new career starts on a world that we identify as a "keeper", versus worlds that will shrunk, where new players can't join; the shrunk worlds just age out over time.

Then, re-introduce injuries, where tired players are at a higher likelihood of getting injured, with their injuries more severe, and make stamina and durability relative statistics again.

These three changes would address most of what is fundamentally wrong right now with GD: ghost towns, powerhouse teams that impact competitiveness, and a lack of dynamism outside of basic RNG.
9/1/2019 9:48 AM
Posted by sonorastorm on 9/1/2019 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Shrinking worlds would be great, but it needs to come with another change: lifespans. Coaching for 140+ seasons at a school is ridiculous. After your coach reaches 50 seasons coached (which means he is north of 75 years of age), he "retires", you get a new coach, and you're back in D3.

Implement this change, and when coaches retire, their new career starts on a world that we identify as a "keeper", versus worlds that will shrunk, where new players can't join; the shrunk worlds just age out over time.

Then, re-introduce injuries, where tired players are at a higher likelihood of getting injured, with their injuries more severe, and make stamina and durability relative statistics again.

These three changes would address most of what is fundamentally wrong right now with GD: ghost towns, powerhouse teams that impact competitiveness, and a lack of dynamism outside of basic RNG.
Great ideas!
9/1/2019 10:29 AM
I am back playing the game after a long layoff. I say it is a lot of fun and the over all game has improved including the recruitment . I wish the end cycle was over with a little faster and think linking the game to a video replay that we could view after the game is replayed would be a major improvement that would increase participation levels dramatically.The new owners could offer this feature as a option for a extra charge per season. This would pay for the improvement and take the game to a new level.
9/8/2019 4:37 AM
Another back playing after a long hiatus....I agree that the world pool needs shrunk.....I feel if the worlds are shrunk you will have a more competitive environment and those staying in place for long stretches will have a tougher time staying on top.....it will take the auto pilot during the season away from them and make recruiting tougher....IMO this is the #1 need....in the last GUESS Report it shows us that there are currently 1,229 total players and 6,732 total teams over 11 worlds....or an 18% total human population....if this were scaled back to say just 4 worlds the population percentage would jump to 50% human controlled teams....I feel that WIS needs to have a threshold established of at least 50% minimum human controlled teams per world...Thoughts?
9/15/2019 12:56 PM (edited)
It wouldn't be a great idea for WIS to alienate any coach by doing anything that would take a team away from someone. If participating in a populated world is important to coaches, it would be very simple to make it happen.
9/15/2019 8:43 PM
Recent history has had Heisman and most recently, Wilkinson as worlds encouraged to jump into.

My idea to help populate new worlds would be to open them to all with worthwhile increases in credits for the top divisions (like 3x to 5x current levels for D1AA to D1A ). It would provide a little more motivation to start over in the new world. Over time, others could be closed and the credits return to present levels.

9/18/2019 12:38 AM
If you make closing a world voluntary, there will always be some guys that wont give up their team. Especially as it becomes easier to win a NC as most human coaches go elswhere based on your incentive Katzphang. If they ever decide to close worlds , they will just have to give us a warning period and then do it.(They won't IMO)
9/18/2019 5:09 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.