Hi all,

I'm brand new to the game. I just joined the Heisman world at Hamilton College. I'm excited to get started! I spent a bit of time reading through the manifesto, having a plan, and just some general information on the board today to get an idea of what I should be doing.

I'm currently building out my recruiting board, and I have 7 open scholarships. I know what positions I want to target now. Is there a good rule of thumb for how many prospects I should add to my board for those 7 scholarships? I'm currently targeting 43 players.

Also I built out an offensive and defensive playbook, but I can't seem to figure out how to select them as my preferred playbook. I'm sure it's super simply but could someone tell me how to switch my playbooks please?

Also any advice or additional things I should be reading, etc would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
8/18/2019 12:38 AM
Welcome to GD!
You select your playbook in "Game Plan"
You can also go to Formations and choose who your QB targets for passes (WR's, TE's, RB's. Maybe your RB's have a low Hands rating so you can choose not to throw to them at all). You can choose if your OL blocks inside/outside. Maybe your QB is fast, strong and elusive, so you choose him to rush the ball...
There are a lot of little things you can adjust in your playbook also, such as lining up your defence long/medium/short depending on the situation. Likewise for offence you can choose to throw short/medium/long/deep.
The more experienced guys can give better info than I can though.

Have fun with it!

-Nick
8/18/2019 2:46 AM (edited)
Welcome to GD. After the first season , do yourself a favor and move up to d2. You can't learn the full game at d3. And make sure when you move up that you go to a conference that has other live coaches that have been there a while(it means they probably won't be leaving soon and is a lot more fun with other live coaches).
8/18/2019 5:25 AM
Thank you both for the comments and advice. I think the game is either not allowing me to do anything in the game plan mode because the season hasn't start or due to the fact that I'm in D3 and it's not a function of the game.

Do either of you have any recommendations on how many players I should have in my recruiting summary list to be able to fill my 7 scholarships?
8/18/2019 9:34 AM
I'd have maybe 2-3 for each position. Stay within 360 miles and search by position by changing the "Overall Rating" box to, for example, "Quarterback". This will sort the recruits based on how good they are based on key attributes, such as game instinct and technique for QB's, rather than just the sum of their attribute points, which isn't very useful.
8/18/2019 10:11 AM
If I have the budget for it, I like to scout 5-6 players for each roster spot I'm trying to fill. The closer the recruits (360 and closer) the more I can afford to scout. You'll have more of a budget to work with when your team and conference do well in the playoffs also.
8/18/2019 12:48 PM
Thank you both for the advice
8/18/2019 3:14 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.