It didn’t work! Sorry! Topic

Canada! A beautiful, vast country that loves baseball! Problem is we've only ever had two franchises, and now we're down to just one! This league limits player selection to Expos and/or Bluejays, with a salary cap of $89M. No AAA, no trades, but yes to WW. AND, yes to DH! Injuries? Yes! Oh, one more rule. Your roster must include one or more player actually born in Canada!
MLB125567
8/18/2019 10:44 AM
IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ALSO CREATE A CLEVER USE OF A CANADIAN TOWN NAME INTO THE NAME OF YOUR TEAM...

THAT WOULD ADD SOMETHING!

MY ENTRY IS:
COME BY CHANCE SEAMEN

(COME BY CHANCE IS A SMALL TOWN IN NEWFOUNDLAND)
8/18/2019 11:23 AM
Ball Park selection is wide open, BTW!
8/18/2019 11:25 AM
Interesting concept. I will check back to see if it gets off the ground. My team name will incorporate either Moosejaw or Elbow SK or maybe Jasper or Skookumchuck BC.
8/18/2019 8:12 PM
I would do this in a heartbeat, but I doubt it'll get 24 owners, or you'll have a lot of teams with the same players on them. Mark me down anyway. I assume you can have as many Canadian-born players as you want, regardless of where they played?

Your player pool could be dramatically expanded by saying that you could twist players to non-Jay-Expo seasons...like Halladay in Philly or Vlady on the Angels. That would start to look like a viable league.
8/18/2019 9:04 PM
I thought it would be a narrow player pool too at first! But then as I tried to assemble a roster you realize that the Blue Jays have existed for 42 years, and the Expos had almost 40....so that’s a pretty big pool!

Thought I’d give it a shot! Can’t say I’ve seen it done before!
8/18/2019 10:07 PM
Put me down for the Gander Resuerz. Also I would appreciate you taking a look at the New Mendoza Line. But either way I am in.
8/18/2019 11:09 PM
Count me in. My team name will be the "Vulcan Prospers" (Vulcan, Alberta).
8/18/2019 11:19 PM
What about clones? Also are combined seasons allowed?
8/18/2019 11:33 PM
Ganders Canadians will be Larry Walker and Matt Stairs
8/19/2019 9:06 AM
Posted by loyalcanuck on 8/18/2019 11:34:00 PM (view original):
What about clones? Also are combined seasons allowed?
Clones are not permitted! Combined seasons!? Good question! I don’t remember ruling that out! The Wizard will sort out which seasons are permitted!

Glad and to see some enthusiasm for some joiners! Thanks guys!
8/19/2019 11:39 AM
Im in Hairy Hill Hitmen (Hairy Hill Ab)
8/19/2019 2:35 PM (edited)
Posted by eman7400 on 8/19/2019 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Im in Hairy Hill Hitmen (Hairy Hill Ab)
I love that! Hairy Hill! That’s the spirit!! Excellent!!
8/19/2019 4:41 PM
We are holding tryouts for a potential entry in the OH CANADA! League.
Our Director of Latin American Development (and candidate for a utility infielder position on the 25-man roster) has graciously allowed us to incorporate his name into the team name.
The winning team name was submitted by a retired chap living south of the border in the Province of Oregon.
There will be a press conference on Thursday for the purpose of unveiling the team logo and uniform design.
Introducing Coco Laboy, the Thrill Seekin' Puerto Rican, and the Flin Flon Manitobans.
Shortened to Coco Laboy and the Flin Flons.
8/19/2019 5:21 PM
Interesting idea, MBJ. I'm in. Just to clarify -- does the Canadian born player have to have played for the Blue Jays or Expos? Thanks.
8/19/2019 11:44 PM
12345 Next ▸
It didn’t work! Sorry! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.