It didn’t work! Sorry! Topic

Posted by thunder1008 on 8/19/2019 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Interesting idea, MBJ. I'm in. Just to clarify -- does the Canadian born player have to have played for the Blue Jays or Expos? Thanks.
Yes Sir! The theme wizard will only permit Blue Jays and/ or Expos!

The Canadian part I’ll need to check myself!
8/20/2019 5:23 AM
I absolutely LOVE that y'all are getting into the idea of Canadian towns in your team names!! So far we have:
GANDER (NFLD) 9/11 RESCUERS
VULCAN (AB) LIVE LONG AND PROSPERS
WAWA (ON) WALLABIES
COME BY CHANCE (NFLD) SEAMEN

WE MAY WELL GET ENTRIES FROM EVERY PROVINCE BEFORE WE'RE FULL!
8/20/2019 5:43 AM
I took Denis Boucher who played for the Expos. I expect to see quite a few Larry Walkers (Expos). I should really have taken Michael Saunders (Blue Jays) as he went to my high school (same as Nick Pivetta). Not at the same time mind you as I am a whole lot older than both of them ;)

8/20/2019 6:10 AM
As I stated earlier, Ballpark selection is wide open.

Our club, through the magic of WhatIfSports was able to relocate Olympic Stadium brick by brick, onto some boats and up the St.Lawrence River, to relocate it on The Rock in beautiful Come By Chance. But in this era of corporate sponsorship, it will be known as the "DUREX ULTRADOME"!!

Problem is, they're already telling me that in true Olympic Stadium fashion, there's a small hole in the roof. We'll try to get that repaired before opening day.

On a brighter note, we have already confirmed the attendance of some Canadian dignitaries who will be in attendance for opening day. Gold medallists Alex Baumann and Mark Tewksbury will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
8/20/2019 6:17 AM
My club has re-created Jarry Park in the town of Vulcan and renamed it "Leonard Nimoy Memorial Ballpark". William Shatner will be throwing out the first pitch on opening day for us.

8/20/2019 6:28 AM
Posted by loyalcanuck on 8/20/2019 6:28:00 AM (view original):
My club has re-created Jarry Park in the town of Vulcan and renamed it "Leonard Nimoy Memorial Ballpark". William Shatner will be throwing out the first pitch on opening day for us.

BOLDLY GOING WHERE MLB HAS NEVER GONE BEFORE!!

I LOVE IT!!!
8/20/2019 6:33 AM
Loyal Canuck is circulating a rumour that Jimmy Kimmel may have another entry from Newfoundland!
8/20/2019 7:09 AM
Posted by MotorBoatJon on 8/20/2019 5:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by thunder1008 on 8/19/2019 11:44:00 PM (view original):
Interesting idea, MBJ. I'm in. Just to clarify -- does the Canadian born player have to have played for the Blue Jays or Expos? Thanks.
Yes Sir! The theme wizard will only permit Blue Jays and/ or Expos!

The Canadian part I’ll need to check myself!
Oh whoops, I thought the Canadian born player(s) could play for anyone. Back to the drawing board! Also, I don't think the theme wizard is set up correctly (I used "based on Theme Options" and it allows players from all teams)
8/20/2019 9:33 AM (edited)
I like the base of the theme...and I am a canuck. However, would like to see Canadian BORN players on rosters not on Jay's/Expos to be included. Also, a higher salary to include some great Canadian seasons that wont fit into a 89mil cap.
8/20/2019 4:24 PM
All good advice which I shall employ in Season #2!!

Thank You!!
8/20/2019 9:56 PM
Thunder is in with an entry from KAMLOOPS BC!!!

SA-Looooootttt!!
8/22/2019 7:36 AM
Like the concept MBJ...count me in..team name will be Scarborough Celtics...thx
8/22/2019 8:59 AM
Perfect! We are at Six!
8/23/2019 5:21 AM
We now boast 8!

Very pleased!
8/24/2019 6:03 PM
The Flin Flon Flinties are on board. Paul Quantrill is our Canadian-born player. Fans attending the first home game (played at a replica of old Exhibition Stadium), will receive hand warmers and mugs of cocoa.
8/25/2019 11:29 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
It didn’t work! Sorry! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.