What May Chase Me From GD Topic

Mad scientist stuff is one of the very best parts of the game. Like when you could reassign player positions without massive attribute penalties. Or save bank for season after season and then pop a big class when no one expects (not my favorite BTW).
10/2/2019 6:44 PM
imagine a collusion ring of four owners excuse me coaches taking turns
10/2/2019 7:52 PM
I'm in Bag. We'll call it The Purple Gang :)
10/2/2019 9:36 PM
10/2/2019 9:50 PM
Is that John Belushi Top Center?
10/2/2019 10:14 PM
Damn ! Good catch BJ. He sure could be related :)
10/3/2019 1:24 PM
In Hayes 1AA, a gang of 4 would represent nearly 30% of all the live coaches. I'm in!
Wait, there's that rule thing... or is there? Is collusion even a thing anymore? So much drama about years ago, but doesn't get mentioned anymore except on Fox News.
10/4/2019 10:07 AM
how would you engineer that

what four schools in 1AA could make it happen

10/4/2019 10:36 AM
Well, there's The School of Hard Knocks. And then there is this school:

Even though my sense of humor may be de"fish"ent. I still think it's pretty "finny" :)
10/5/2019 3:13 PM (edited)
Posted by bagchucker on 10/2/2019 7:52:00 PM (view original):
imagine a collusion ring of four owners excuse me coaches taking turns
Ahem.... Governors.
10/10/2019 4:04 PM
Posted by mojolad on 8/18/2019 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Listen. I know it's within the rules. But when I see and have to go up against teams recruiting 40-50 scholarships , I admit I am intimidated. Obviously if you have a "normal" number of scholarships you have no chance to battle against that kind of scholarship money.
Teams like that just sweep up all the best recruits because no one that knows what they are doing will battle that team. You just pick up the best crumbs that are left over.
This is just something I find a major flaw in this game. Legal or not I don't want to face it. When I run into this I usually just let my team go at season end.
Thanks for listening !
Roster stacking is the last little thing that's made me decide to call it quits with GD. Maybe I'm just taking more note of it of late, but my perception is roster stacking is a growing trend. For me that takes GD one step too far from being anything that can be called a passable SIM.

To be sure, roster stacking isn't the only thing that's become tiresome. There are a number of other issues and shortcomings that have been dissected on the forums for, well, years now, and they all continue to exist and frustrate. The one, though, I think epitomizes the whole sorry state of GD is that no matter how many times a QB is sacked or scrambles, they never, ever fumble the ball. It's the prime example because fixing it would be so easy. I mean, come on! The code to handle this check already exists and is used on every freakin' RB running play. Yet neither Fox nor SportsHub ever bothered to perform the copy-paste needed to insert this code into the routine for QB sacks/tackles. Apparently doing so presented too much of a technological challenge for them.

So, yeah, roster stacking may be what's finally made me decide to chuck the game when my current seasons end, but it's the apparent unwillingness and inability of the owners of WhatIfSports to actually update, fix and enhance GD that is the root cause. When SportsHub first took over WhatIfSports, I predicted here they wouldn't invest any meaningful resources or effort into it and would just milk it for whatever money they could get and let it slowly die. Sad to say that appears to be exactly what's happening.

I've tried out some of other online football SIMS over the past few months and have decided on one I'm going to play in earnest. It isn't perfect, but you know what? At least those developers actively work to make their game better.

See ya'.
1/1/2020 9:23 PM (edited)
What am I missing? You are mad because nobody's QB fumbles? I know the game is not perfect, but at least that one small issue is fair for everybody. The collusion seems like a more serious issue.
1/1/2020 8:53 PM
Posted by mrbig987 on 1/1/2020 8:53:00 PM (view original):
What am I missing? You are mad because nobody's QB fumbles? I know the game is not perfect, but at least that one small issue is fair for everybody. The collusion seems like a more serious issue.
Yeah, you are missing the point. Which is that if SportsHub isn't willing or able to address something as obviously unrealistic and easily fixed as the complete absence of QB fumbles, then I don't see any chance they will address issues like roster stacking and collusion.
1/1/2020 9:14 PM (edited)
Well, I hope you don't leave. We all have to deal with the same problems. Unless there is a "secret group" that has everything predetermined, if we just find some good conferences with some good guys, it's still pretty fun. I wish you the best, I apologize if I came across the wrong way.
1/1/2020 9:21 PM
Posted by FB_Trap on 1/1/2020 9:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mrbig987 on 1/1/2020 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, you are missing the point. Which is that if SportsHub isn't willing or able to address something as obviously unrealistic and easily fixed as the complete absence of QB fumbles, then I don't see any chance they will address issues like roster stacking and collusion.
Agree, there are many things that could be tweaked to make the game more enjoyable and realistic. This is the first time I have seen QB fumbles mentioned though. Adjusting the lack of QB interceptions is much more of a priority if they ever decided on changes.

Also, any weaknesses of the game are magnified by you playing in division 3. You couldn't pay me to take a team there.
1/1/2020 9:46 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
What May Chase Me From GD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.