HD Record? Now At 5 OT Losses In Last 6 Games...? Topic

This might be an HD record:

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Schedule.aspx?tid=13990

My Phelan San Francisco Dons have lost 4 out of their last 5 games. All have been OT losses.

And against excellent opponents:

- OT loss vs Indiana as a 13 pt dog.
- OT loss vs UTEP as a 15 pt dog.
- OT loss at Providence as a 25 pt dog.

after an overnight win, lost 15 minutes ago:

- OT loss vs 0-9 Buffalo.

At this point the season is cooked. I'm not even aggravated anymore since i'd need a CT title run to make the NT regardless. And admittedly i got pessed and didn't gameplan vs (0-9 but actually solid) Buffalo.

Anyway, after an initial Coaches Corner meltdown, i'm now embracing this probable HD record. Good enough to take elite teams to OT... but not to beat them.
8/19/2019 2:30 PM (edited)
the wcc conf in phelan is #7 in rpi this year with a c- prestige..we have good coaches but recruiting hasn't been kind to us in the past few seasons..i've been here for 26 seasons trying for a decent big 6 team..this has been one of the strangest i've been thru also..
8/19/2019 4:21 PM
Lost again in OT, this time as a 12 point road dog.
5 OT losses in last 6 games.
In 4 I've been a double-digit underdog.
8/20/2019 5:14 AM (edited)
Thats incredible. What rough week
8/20/2019 1:06 PM
Definitely bad luck there, but certainly keep in mind 4 of those 5 teams were significantly better than your team. I think the bad luck part comes from not being able to pull out the game at the end of regulation, before it got into OT.

I didn't really do it either, as I was busy and on vacation, but against that Buffalo team, I would've tried to run them off the court running uptemps and with just 8 players
8/20/2019 3:23 PM
HD Record? Now At 5 OT Losses In Last 6 Games...? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.