Triple Era Progressive League - Teams Available! Topic

Hey guys, we have a few teams available in WIS's only triple progressive league.

If you don't know what a progressive league is, it's basically a keeper league that progresses through NBA history. You draft players and/or work out trades and each season, the league progresses to the next season. Your players progress with the league. So if you own Michael Jordan, you get him for his entire career (unless you decide to trade him). You do this year after year, working on building a dynasty, trying to get your favorite player a title, or for any other reason you dig.

This league is a triple progressive, which means we're progressing through three eras at once. The current season is getting close to the end (66 games in as of this ad), and the next season will be the 73-74, 93-94, 13-14 season (so all players will come from one of those three seasons.

Available teams:

Houston Rockets (30-35) - This team is ... bad. And it's about to get worse. Which means it's actually a great time to get in, because you can rebuild it your way much easier. As standings currently sit, it would have the 10th pick in the upcoming draft, and looking at its roster (best player by far is on IR), it'll easily be a lottery team next season. It should be noted that the entire Midwest division is pretty terrible currently. Here's what potential keepers look like:

Total Overall Players Kept (9)
Walt Bellamy
Jim Eakins
Brook Lopez
Rik Smits
Tobias Harris
Carlos Boozer
Ken Norman
Jojo White
Rajon Rondo

Other Roster Notes:
Going to IR (1)
Tim Hardaway (returns in 94-95)
Magic Johnson (returns in 95-96)

Retired (1)
Drazen Petrovic (R.I.P.)

Cut (2)
Will Barton
Moses Malone (returns from IR; cut or trade anyway)

Draft Picks Owned:
73/93/13-14: owns all of its own picks
74/94/14-15: owns all of its own picks

Need 3 draft picks [r1, r2, r3]

----------------------------------------------------------

New owner can change team name / location to anything that is still (within reason) in the same division and has a reasonable mascot.

The TEPL is a great league filled with great owners and, unlike many progressives, does not have a dynasty problem. Only once in its 15+ year history has a team ever repeated as champions.

Post here and/or sitemail me if you're interested in any of these squads.
8/21/2019 4:45 PM (edited)
somebody blew up my team! Where's KD?

oh well.
8/20/2019 12:01 PM
Ash, I'll take a 2nd team if we don't get enough takers in time for the next draft. Hopefully we do get 3 new owners in, but I wouldn't mind taking on another.
8/20/2019 12:41 PM
Ash, would be happy to come back with Buffalo.
8/20/2019 2:30 PM
Posted by thomcat on 8/20/2019 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Ash, would be happy to come back with Buffalo.
Yours! Welcome back!
8/20/2019 4:32 PM
Posted by jpevans31 on 8/20/2019 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Ash, I'll take a 2nd team if we don't get enough takers in time for the next draft. Hopefully we do get 3 new owners in, but I wouldn't mind taking on another.
I'll let you know, thanks.
8/20/2019 4:32 PM
Posted by ashamael on 8/20/2019 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jpevans31 on 8/20/2019 12:41:00 PM (view original):
I'll let you know, thanks.
Ash, if no buyers for OKC I’ll handle them once again.
8/20/2019 5:08 PM
i would be interested but not sure how to put players on ir?
8/20/2019 6:30 PM
Posted by ronsouth1 on 8/20/2019 6:30:00 PM (view original):
All roster moves, trade blocks, drafting, etc is done in a private forum. You submit your roster via a comment in the forum and your 12 active players make up the team you submit. If you have any IR players, it means you hold the rights to them to activate for a future season (or to trade them). You should join, I love this league.
8/20/2019 6:37 PM
Posted by dBKC on 8/20/2019 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ronsouth1 on 8/20/2019 6:30:00 PM (view original):
All roster moves, trade blocks, drafting, etc is done in a private forum. You submit your roster via a comment in the forum and your 12 active players make up the team you submit. If you have any IR players, it means you hold the rights to them to activate for a future season (or to trade them). You should join, I love this league.
We have a private forum here on the message boards. If you want in, I'll add you. Would love to have you!
8/20/2019 7:54 PM
Ash i will take a club. If given a choice i prefer the oklahoma city club.
8/20/2019 9:28 PM (edited)
okc is Ron's
8/21/2019 4:44 PM
any takers for Houston? Offseason begins this week.
8/26/2019 5:22 PM
Posted by ashamael on 8/26/2019 5:22:00 PM (view original):
any takers for Houston? Offseason begins this week.
I probably didn't help your cause by making them just good enough to sneak into the playoffs, but a less than optimal outlook.
8/27/2019 6:29 PM
Hit me up if there are any teams available in future
9/21/2019 9:57 PM
Triple Era Progressive League - Teams Available! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.