Anyone else not able to see the RPI/SOS standings in Smith? They usually come out after game 7. I can see SOS under rankings by school RPI, but that's about it.
8/20/2019 4:49 PM
Posted by phurier on 8/20/2019 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Anyone else not able to see the RPI/SOS standings in Smith? They usually come out after game 7. I can see SOS under rankings by school RPI, but that's about it.
They'll come out tomorrow. It happens every so many seasons. Its something to do with a couple teams having 11 non con games for some reason.

Tomorrow they will show like normal
8/20/2019 6:49 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 8/20/2019 6:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phurier on 8/20/2019 4:49:00 PM (view original):
They'll come out tomorrow. It happens every so many seasons. Its something to do with a couple teams having 11 non con games for some reason.

Tomorrow they will show like normal
in the old days, it worked like this - basically 100% of teams have to have 7 games for RPI to come out. with 11 slots, someone would play 10 games with an 11th slot, and would end up only having 6 games played after 7 slots - this happened when the match making algorithm sucked too much to make the 11 games work when auto-scheduling the unscheduled games (which is theoretically a possible necessity - if you schedule every game on every team but 2, and they already play each other, there is no way to reconcile - except of course to drop to 9 games for those two teams, which would be my answer in that scenario that has 0% chance of ever happening - but in reality, HD had this because their match making was basically crappy and it was easier to add an 11th game, which i understand).

however - didn't that 11th spot disappear? i don't have one on any team, and don't see it in smith. so i am kind of confused as to what is happening now.
8/20/2019 7:53 PM
ok i looked at smith d2. there are two teams with 6 games - so apparently, WIS actually adopted what i said i would have done, dropped the 10th game for the last two teams if they can't make it work.

florida gulf coast

lemoyne owen
8/20/2019 7:57 PM
Thanks, that is good to know.
8/22/2019 12:33 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.