What's up with this guy? Topic

How is it possible to get so little improvement out of a "High Potential" player after 11 games, only a 3 point improvement? All of my other guys are progressing nicely so it's not a matter of my practice settings.

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=13330781
8/21/2019 2:07 AM
Some redshirted players just don't improve as much as we'd like... Are you using most of your practice time on "team practice"? If he is not playing in games and has little time under "position practice" he'll mostly improve his formations IQ, which appears he's had decent growth for not playing

*I became HOF from sim hockey, not GD, so I'm sure there are other factors I've missed...
8/21/2019 2:55 AM
Most of my time is on position practice. All of my other LBs have improved 27-35 points, so I don't think it's in the settings. Three points in 11 games sounds like "very low" potential, not "high"
8/21/2019 3:00 AM
Out of curiosity, Did you do any head coach visits or assistant coach visits on this player ? If so, what did The Feedback say?
8/21/2019 8:36 AM
"If" his scout visit said High Potential, and his WE is 50, then it is a mystery to me. His numbers should have gone up by my reckoning.
I would contact customer service . Dont expect them to do anything about it. But they might be able to explain why he is increasing stats so slowly.
8/21/2019 10:34 AM
He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us.
This kid has heart! He doesn't ever seem to stop wanting to get better.
A little slow and questionable fundamentals.
Hard hitter and good run blitz guy out of the secondary.
8/21/2019 11:14 AM
Yeah there is something wrong there for sure. Never seen that before even out of a Low potential recruit.
8/21/2019 1:50 PM
He's up 10 points now, so I guess he gained a lot today? Something is strange though, because he should have lost 2 points to his blocking like your other freshman LBs and he didn't.

Did you just move him to LB from DB? When you do a position switch it puts gains and losses back to 0.
8/21/2019 7:35 PM
sometime guys gain points without the little green bars showing you...don't happen a lot but I have seen it. I think there is a way to check his draft history from when you picked him but I'm not sure how.....maybe Guess Reports???
8/21/2019 8:07 PM
Posted by ekatzen on 8/21/2019 3:00:00 AM (view original):
Most of my time is on position practice. All of my other LBs have improved 27-35 points, so I don't think it's in the settings. Three points in 11 games sounds like "very low" potential, not "high"
Send in a ticket so you can get the generic BS answer that "some recruits just don't like to get better." Which translates into "yep it's broken as hell and I simply don't know how to fix it."
8/21/2019 10:04 PM
Posted by jeffn48 on 8/21/2019 7:35:00 PM (view original):
He's up 10 points now, so I guess he gained a lot today? Something is strange though, because he should have lost 2 points to his blocking like your other freshman LBs and he didn't.

Did you just move him to LB from DB? When you do a position switch it puts gains and losses back to 0.
Nope, didn't change his position. But I did send in a query to customer support, didn't receive an answer but magically 3 points improvement over 11 games turned into 10 points over 12 games. Still pretty poor though.
8/22/2019 2:53 AM
Posted by loopfunring on 8/21/2019 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ekatzen on 8/21/2019 3:00:00 AM (view original):
Send in a ticket so you can get the generic BS answer that "some recruits just don't like to get better." Which translates into "yep it's broken as hell and I simply don't know how to fix it."
Or it translates into "WE and scouting reports mean nothing, but keep paying to play this game thank you very much."
8/22/2019 2:54 AM
Yeah, I have nothing. At that level, with those attributes the player should grow about the same as your other FR starters maybe less 10-20%'ish.

nitros
8/22/2019 2:25 PM
What's up with this guy? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.