College Football (Need 1) Topic

It's that time of year again where you can pencil in Alabama vs Clemson in the national title game.

Same rules as before in previous leagues. Select an exclusive school...ah you know the drill!

League Rules:

Seasons: 1941-2019
$80 million cap
24 team league, standard playoff format, division aligned by conference or region.
Use any stadium.
D/O-Line/ST must include one player from your school.

Use link to compile roster:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/
12/13/2019 11:34 AM (edited)
Available schools:

Arizona
Arizona St
Auburn
Baylor
Boston College
California
Central Florida
Colorado
Florida
Fresno St
Houston
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Kansas St
Kentucky
LSU
Maryland
Michigan St

Mississippi St
Nebraska
North Carolina
North Carolina St
Northwestern
Ohio St

Oregon
Purdue
Rice
San Diego St
San Jose St
SMU
Southern Miss
Stanford
TCU

Tulane
Tulsa
Utah
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Washington St
West Virginia
1/14/2020 11:17 PM (edited)
Committed Owners

1) Got_Worms - Clemson
2) cellkev - Miami
3) rjk2781 - Tennessee
4) Scottedward - Oklahoma
5) Razorhawg1 - Arkansas
6) Scottedward - BYU
7) glen87 - UCLA
8) glen87 - Pittsburgh
9) bertogarcia - Texas A&M
10) coolmay_one - Wisconsin
11) gyrene - Notre Dame
12) Uofa2 - Syracuse
13) gyrene - USC
14) Got_Worms - Mississippi
15) Uofa2 - Michigan
16) gyrene - Georgia
17) bagchucker - Oregon State
18) specsman - Alabama
19) riverratk - Penn State
20) Uofa2 - Florida State
21) rmarsh915 - Texas Tech
22) mdhaix - Washington
23) mdhaix - Texas
24) Got_Worms - Louisville
1/14/2020 11:17 PM (edited)
I'm in again with Miami.
8/21/2019 8:57 AM
Glad to see this back.
Tennessee
8/21/2019 11:14 AM
University of Oklahoma
8/21/2019 4:22 PM
I have a complaint about this league. If a college has never produced a punter or kicker good enough to play in the NFL, I don't think a team owner should get to draft an excellent punter or kicker from those who did not go to college. Years ago in this type of league, the commissioner set a salary cap on the punters and kickers who did not attend college. Some of the best punters/kickers never went to college. Some team owners have an advantage over others because they cannot find a punter/kicker who went to their college.
8/22/2019 5:09 AM
I'm interested....not sure which team yet. As my name indicates, I'm a Razorback fan but don't think they have the horses to get it done so need to do some research on other schools. I will get back with you on that.
8/22/2019 10:23 AM
My team is drafted and I am ready to go!

Offensive Line: 2012 Washington Redskins (Chris Chester and Trent Williams)
Defense: 2006 Baltimore Ravens (Kelly Gregg, Corey Ivy, and Dan Cody)
Special Teams: 1994 Denver Broncos (Glyn Milburn)

Boomer Sooner!
8/22/2019 11:50 AM
The Canes are ready to go.

OL - '62 Dallas Texans - Charlie Diamond
ST - '95 Philadelphia Eagles - Chris T. Jones
D - '02 Tampa Bay Bucs - Warren Sapp or '00 Baltimore Ravens - Ray Lewis and Duane Starks (Haven't decided yet) ?
8/22/2019 2:27 PM
Posted by Scottedward on 8/22/2019 5:09:00 AM (view original):
I have a complaint about this league. If a college has never produced a punter or kicker good enough to play in the NFL, I don't think a team owner should get to draft an excellent punter or kicker from those who did not go to college. Years ago in this type of league, the commissioner set a salary cap on the punters and kickers who did not attend college. Some of the best punters/kickers never went to college. Some team owners have an advantage over others because they cannot find a punter/kicker who went to their college.
Stanford has the opposite problem. They have one kicker, Gary Kekorian, in the WIS database that qualifies at kicker but he's terrible. Cost me several games last season!
8/22/2019 3:27 PM
Actually worms, I think I'm going to roll the dice and use Arkansas. We've got some good RB's in our history and I'll see if I can bring back the old ground and pound offense and hopefully find a really good defense for low scoring games.
8/22/2019 3:57 PM
Arkansas

Def - 1986 Chi Bears (Dan Hampton)
OL - 2011 Phi Eagles (Jason Peters)
ST - 1986 Sea Seahawks (Bobbie Joe Edmonds)
8/22/2019 4:12 PM
Posted by Razorhawg1 on 8/22/2019 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Actually worms, I think I'm going to roll the dice and use Arkansas. We've got some good RB's in our history and I'll see if I can bring back the old ground and pound offense and hopefully find a really good defense for low scoring games.
You want Arkansas and Michigan?
8/22/2019 9:26 PM
Arkansas
8/23/2019 9:38 AM
123456 Next ▸
College Football (Need 1) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.