Round 1 Roster Analysis - 90M, 2019 Topic

In total, 29 unique pitchers, 48 unique hitters
8/21/2019 7:05 PM
Oddly this $90M roster was the last team I finished and I really labored over it. I kept reading comments about how this was the "easy" theme that came together so quickly for everyone but for whatever reason it was a struggle for me. I started out by building 2 different teams around Claude Hendrix . . . I love him at this cap but just couldn't get an entire staff that I liked. I finally decided it was too many innings at $40K/IP so "downgraded" to 1909 Ed Walsh. I'll be interested to see how the Hendrix teams perform.
8/22/2019 7:38 PM
Joe McGinnity selected 8 times, average rank 19.4
Stop stealing my secret cheap pitcher!
8/24/2019 9:40 PM
I noticed that too, but McGinnity actually isn't a great value anymore -- he's a good one, but not a great one. It's actually a great example of my comment in the other thread, where top owners are relying on names they know rather than value hunting.

For reference, I count 27 better priced pitchers between 150-200 IP who cost above $25k/IP
8/24/2019 9:59 PM
He's one of those overperformers, for reasons I don't understand. Maybe there's 27 better pitchers based on your computer analysis but baseball isn't played on a computer.
...No, wait. ...Yes it is.

Now if I see top players spot starting Jim Moroney I'll know I've been hacked.
8/25/2019 2:02 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12
Round 1 Roster Analysis - 90M, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.