Two (or three) Man Band: Season 3! Topic

Who is REALLY the best player in the history of the game?

What if one man had to play all eight fielding positions? Would a team full of Babe Ruths dominate if Ruth had to catch and play shortstop? And what about one pitcher? Would you take 3000 innings of a deadballer, or a dozen seasons by a closer?

This season will be slightly different. As it is three man band, you can pick either 2 hitters or 2 pitchers. Now you can pick that one player who never had enough good seasons to fill out an entire roster. I'm not sure we ever attempted this the first time around, so this will be new to me as well. The rules are slightly different (and possibly up for vote, more on that later). When you sign up, you pick a pitcher or position player, and announce if you are doing three man band, or just sticking with two man band, as I have done some research, and there are still enough good players available. Your other player(s) with be chosen in reverse order once 24 owners have entered. There will be a 3rd round if you do decide to go three man band.

Everyone from seasons one and two are still blacklisted. The good news is that all season 1 players, including playoffs and world series winner, will be available in a possible season 4, since I can no longer remember who they were because I lacked the foresight to write them down.

Going forward, please try to choose two (or three) players who have 25 sim eligible seasons, so I don't have to pick dead weight 200k players for you.

No waiver wire
Any ballpark is available
DH mandatory
Pitcher Babe Ruth: NOT BANNED

I will pick after the 12th person has entered. Let's see how this goes.

If you have any ideas on how the draft should go, and if we even need to have a 3rd round, don't be afraid to say anything.
8/25/2019 4:58 PM
Blacklist

Hitters: Babe Ruth, Billy Hamilton, Jimmie Foxx, Rogers Hornsby, Ty Cobb, Tim Raines, Ed Delahanty, Honus Wagner, Ted Williams, Nap Lajoie, Sir Lord Barrold L Bonds, Esquire, Pete Rose, Cap Anson, Tris Speaker, Eddie Collins, Joe Kelley, Chipper Jones, Rickey Henderson, Hank Aaron, Albert Pujols, Charlie Gehringer, Willie Mays, Lou Gehrig, A Rod, Joe Morgan, Craig Biggio, Lou Boudreau, Hugh Duffy, Mickey Mantle, Stan Musial, Al Simmons, Frankie Frisch, Brett Butler, Joe Dimaggio, George Davis, Ken Griffey Jr, George Sisler, Mike Piazza, Tony Gwynn, Arky Vaughan, Paul Molitor, Mel Ott, Jesse Burkett, Gary Sheffield, Frank Thomas, Miguel Cabrera, Harry Heilmann, Gil Hodges, Wade Boggs

Pitchers: Addie Joss, Walter Johnson, Ed Walsh, Pete Alexander, Christy Mathewson, Mordecai Brown, Greg Maddux, Pedro Martinez, Cy Young, Babe Adams, Clayton Kershaw, Roger Clemens, Rube Waddell, Time Keefe, Randy Johnson, Tom Seaver, Kid Nichols, Sandy Koufax, Dennis Eckersley, Nolan Ryan, Eddie Cicotte, Eddie Plank, Steve Carlton, Bob Gibson, Silver King, Hoyt Wilhelm, Don Sutton, Chief Bender, Max Scherzer, John Smoltz, Juan Marichal, Ed Reulbach, Doc White, Carl Hubbell, Sid Fernandez, Frank Smith, Vida Blue, Justin Verlander, Ed Morris, Carl Mays, Robin Roberts, Lefty Grove, Kevin Brown, Tommy John, Gaylord Perry, Warren Spahn, Jim Palmer, Mariano Rivera

13. ThaneOfFife
24. ballsweatsux - Mariano Rivera
8/25/2019 5:41 PM (edited)
With the new format, I'm gonna draft Mariano Rivera to get things going.
8/25/2019 5:37 PM
Are sure we can't do a 3rd season of just 2-man? If it's just 2-man, I'm definitely in. If it's 3-man, I might still play, but I think it radically changes the strategy of who to draft.
8/25/2019 6:02 PM
Hey thanks for doing this again, i am in with Lave Cross....
8/25/2019 6:04 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 8/25/2019 6:02:00 PM (view original):
Are sure we can't do a 3rd season of just 2-man? If it's just 2-man, I'm definitely in. If it's 3-man, I might still play, but I think it radically changes the strategy of who to draft.
I agree. But it seemed after last season that the majority of people were done unless we tried this.

If you guys disagree, and just want another two man band season, say something.
8/25/2019 6:09 PM
Oh, i forgot to say TWO Man Band.......
8/25/2019 6:10 PM
My vote is for three, but I'll do either... if it's just two, I'll have to change my pick.
8/25/2019 11:11 PM
I'll do a Three Man Band, and grab another reliever in Trevor Hoffman.
8/26/2019 9:55 AM
What's the order of the 3rd round draft? Same as round 1 or same as round 2?
8/26/2019 9:59 PM
Posted by rbow923 on 8/26/2019 9:59:00 PM (view original):
What's the order of the 3rd round draft? Same as round 1 or same as round 2?
We'd just continue the snake, as far as i'm concerned. So we'd start at 1.
8/26/2019 11:57 PM
Fun league come join
9/3/2019 6:30 PM
Two (or three) Man Band: Season 3! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.