Round 1 Roster Analysis - 70M, 2019 Topic

He's a gift
9/2/2019 1:41 PM
I'm surprised more people didn't build a staff around 1888 Mickey Hughes. He really stood out to me at the $70M cap with the constraints of this theme. I got worried when I saw so many owners saying Mark Fidrych was the "easy" choice but so far Hughes has been pretty good.
9/2/2019 7:23 PM
He was on my list. I saved some money going with Krock opposite Ol' Pete...so far I have only needed a few spot starts to give those 2 an extra rest day...

My regret was not enlisting enough pop in the middle of the order. I didn't see '77 Page in my search, or i would have signed him up.

1st in doubles, 6th in OPS. With Hughes we probably have to cut back even more on bats...
9/2/2019 7:43 PM (edited)
Posted by NebHusker on 9/2/2019 7:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm surprised more people didn't build a staff around 1888 Mickey Hughes. He really stood out to me at the $70M cap with the constraints of this theme. I got worried when I saw so many owners saying Mark Fidrych was the "easy" choice but so far Hughes has been pretty good.
Doc Ayers seemed obvious to me. He's pitched well for me as far as WHIP & ERA are concerned.
9/3/2019 12:48 PM
Posted by NebHusker on 9/2/2019 7:23:00 PM (view original):
He does look like a good value, but I kept my SPs in the $25k-$27k/IP range so he was a bit rich for my blood. Then again, so was Fidrych. I was shopping in the Ayers / Irv Young neighborhood.
9/3/2019 1:10 PM
◂ Prev 12
Round 1 Roster Analysis - 70M, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.