SIM World Series question Topic

How is home field advantge decided in a league for the World Series?

The reason I ask is because I have been slotted the disadvantage eben though my regular season record was better.
9/7/2019 1:41 AM
Are you a wildcard team? I believe it’s by seed.
9/7/2019 2:26 AM
No, division winner.
https://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/view.asp?lid=125137
I'm Kingdome of the Babes
He is Rampage
9/7/2019 3:27 AM (edited)
From the knowledge base

Teams are seeded for the playoffs, 1-4, for their respective league. The team with the highest winning percentage in its league earns the #1 seed. The wildcard always received the #4 seed. Home-field advantage for the League Championship is given to the team with the higher seed. In the event of even seeds, the team with the higher regular season winning percentage receives home-field advantage. If this is even, too, then the team with the fewest playoff losses earns it. Otherwize, a coin flip decides.
9/7/2019 7:11 AM
He is the #2 seed in the NL
You are the #3 seed in the AL..................???????????
9/8/2019 10:09 AM
Posted by grayfoxx on 9/8/2019 10:09:00 AM (view original):
He is the #2 seed in the NL
You are the #3 seed in the AL..................???????????
Yep. The idea of their being a seeding in then in the NL (1-4) and then the AL (1-4) as I was reading it didn't get through my thick skull, Now I understand.

Thanks to all for taking the time to post.
9/12/2019 1:17 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 9/7/2019 7:11:00 AM (view original):
From the knowledge base

Teams are seeded for the playoffs, 1-4, for their respective league. The team with the highest winning percentage in its league earns the #1 seed. The wildcard always received the #4 seed. Home-field advantage for the League Championship is given to the team with the higher seed. In the event of even seeds, the team with the higher regular season winning percentage receives home-field advantage. If this is even, too, then the team with the fewest playoff losses earns it. Otherwize, a coin flip decides.
Does the knowledgebase really spell otherwise with a z?
9/12/2019 4:10 PM
It doez.
9/12/2019 4:17 PM
SIM World Series question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.