FC Dynasty Cup III-Aurea Cruce Aquilonis, Champion Topic

Posted by oabs2 on 10/13/2019 11:27:00 PM (view original):
Ok, that seems like a fair way to rank the teams. Me, Being a day 1 guy in world 70 should have ranked me pretty high...keep up the good work!
im really impress with the 95 year old player who scored a goal.
Thanks again!
Yeah, your team was one of the top seeds..and that Swedish forward is 98!
10/14/2019 5:40 AM
Today is the final day to schedule games. A couple of games have been scheduled out of Group F and as long as the challenge is accepted by midnight, it's good to go.

Right now, the final Group Stage game is on the 16th, subject to change.
10/14/2019 2:55 PM (edited)
He just turned 99.
10/14/2019 11:11 PM
Th clock has struck midnight and Group Stage scheduling is now closed. There is still one scheduled game out of Group F on the 16th, I have a number of forfeiture ties to enter and I'll need to ckeck over everything for accuracy, which will take me a day or so. Once verified, I'll fill in the Knockout Round match-ups so those of you that advanced can see who your opponent is.

We're probably looking at the 1st Round beginning on the 18th and I'll make another post officially announcing the 1st Round time frame.
10/15/2019 1:20 AM
The seeding for the six group winners has now been finalized. The 1st Round byes go to:

#1 Swamp City Dragons
#2 Detroit Bodysnatchers
#3 Aurea Cruce Aquilonis
#4 Wolves

These four teams have been slotted into the Quarterfinals and can take a breather. The two other group winners will play in the 1st Round...they are:

#5 Berlin Blitzkrieg Brigade Football Club
#6 Fußball-Club Köln 01/07 e. V.

With all of the forfeits in Group F, Köln (my team) was given the #6 seed, rather than being slotted based on PPG, which would have unfairly awarded my team a 1st Round bye.

The 2nd place teams are awaiting the final Group Stage match tomorrow between The Shield of the Cow and Liverpool Football Club Reds. Cow Shields will be the #8 seed with a win and the #12 seed with a tie or loss. As soon as that game has completed, I will finalize seeds 7-12 and will announce the 1st Round match-ups.

For those that are interested, the explanation for how the unscheduled games were handled is found in the post right below the L'Orteil D'or tracker on the first page.
10/15/2019 2:44 PM (edited)
Thank you for doing this tournament. It has been a ton of fun. I'm glad to have won a title a couple of seasons ago and become eligible to play in this tourney. My title team would have been a better one to enter as I completely rebuilt with younger players after having some budget issues
10/15/2019 4:07 PM
The final game, a 4-4 tie between The Shield of the Cow and Liverpool Football Club Reds out of Group F, is now in the books. I'll have the Knockout Round games and time frame up by this evening.
10/16/2019 3:06 PM
Posted by clememp on 10/15/2019 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Thank you for doing this tournament. It has been a ton of fun. I'm glad to have won a title a couple of seasons ago and become eligible to play in this tourney. My title team would have been a better one to enter as I completely rebuilt with younger players after having some budget issues
You are very welcome. My team is in a partial youth movement as well so I can symphathize.
10/16/2019 3:07 PM
Should we begin scheduling 1st round games?
10/16/2019 3:55 PM
Posted by KSBeachBums on 10/16/2019 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Should we begin scheduling 1st round games?
Yeah, I don't see why not.
10/16/2019 4:10 PM
OK, the 1st Round of the Knockout Stage has been verified. If there's a mistake somewhere, I can't find it. The time frame for the 1st Round is October 18th through the 25th. That may seem like a lot of time but that will allow for tiebreaker games, if necessary. If all four series are decided before the 25th, I'll start the Quarterfinals two days after the last 1st Round game is completed. Feel free to start scheduling at your convenience. You don't need to wait until the 18th.

The Knockout Stage is a home and away set based on aggregate goals, with away goals as the first tiebreaker. Additional tiebreaker games are explained in the tournament format section of the original post. Good luck everyone.
10/16/2019 4:22 PM
Well, all eight 1st Round games are scheduled. I have added the date for each game in the Knockout Round post so that everyone knows when the games are taking place. The action starts on Sunday.

If one of the match-ups ends with identical ties (an aggregate goal tie with different scores means someone won the away goal tiebreaker,) the higher seed hosts a tiebreaker game and is the one to send the challenge, if the time frame allows. The additional game(s) are optional, meaning a failure to schedule is not going to result in a forfeiture. If the tiebreaker game isn't played, a coin flip will decide it.

I'll post a reminder if a match-up is eligible for a tiebreaker game.
10/18/2019 10:00 PM
Looks like we are two and done in the First Round. Thanks for running the tournament gomiami1972. Please remind us when you do this again. It has been a blast.
10/20/2019 8:35 PM
Posted by KSBeachBums on 10/20/2019 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Looks like we are two and done in the First Round. Thanks for running the tournament gomiami1972. Please remind us when you do this again. It has been a blast.
I certainly will. It'll be sometime in January.
10/20/2019 9:31 PM
The first First Round match-up has been decided with North Polar Dragons FC beating Metropolitan Screaming Eagles with an 8-3 aggregate. That will set up a Battle of the Dragons quarters. The Eagles' elimination also means that 99 year old Edman Hallberg finishes the tournament with three goals.

As teams are eliminated, the active players on the Golden Toe tracker (players on eliminated teams have their names greyed out) becomes smaller but there is still a huge logjam near the top.

For teams that advance to the quarterfinals, please don't start scheduling games yet, although you know your opponent. I don't want one section of the bracket to get ahead of the other.
10/21/2019 8:47 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup III-Aurea Cruce Aquilonis, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.