FC Dynasty Cup III-Aurea Cruce Aquilonis, Champion Topic

Three of the four First Rounders have been decided and the last game between Berlin Blitzkrieg Brigade Football Club and The Shield of the Cow is scheduled for tomorrow (October 23rd.) If Cow Shields wins the return game 3-2, Berlin, as the higher seed, will have until the 25th to send a challenge for the tiebreaker game.

With any other result, the First Round will be completed and I'll set up the Quarterfinals match-ups, which will begin on October 25th. I'll send a reminder sitemail to the top four seeds that have been sitting idle this week.
10/22/2019 10:49 AM
Battle of the Dragons. Good luck shoe3
10/23/2019 6:52 AM
The Shield of the Cow grabs the last spot and the Quarterfinals are now set. The time frame for the quarters is October 25th through November 1st. Again, the extra time is for the possibility of tiebreaker games. If all four series have been decided before the 1st, the Semifinals will officially begin two days after the last Quarterfinals game is complete. I'll send out a reminder sitemail on the 25th for the bye teams, if necessary. You can start scheduling now if you like.
10/23/2019 7:48 AM
Six of the eight Quarterfinals games have already been scheduled, so there's no reason for me to send out a reminder sitemail. The dates for the games have been added to the Knockout Results post.

The round begins in the wee hours of the morning on the 25th when the crutchanators of soccer host the Detroit Bodysnatchers, a match-up that features two teams with a combined 48 Championships between them.
10/24/2019 9:07 AM
All eight games are now on the docket with the last one scheduled for the 29th. So far, the top four seeds have taken both games and have done it on the road.
10/25/2019 8:13 PM
Wolves becomes the 2nd team to qualify for the semifinals by the narrowest of margins, beating The Shield of the Cow 5-4 on aggregate.

Three of the remaining four quarterfinals games are tomorrow, incuding both ends of the Aurea Cruce Aquilonis/Fußball-Club Köln 01/07 e. V. match-up. Not exactly Big Monday but not too bad.
10/27/2019 8:14 PM
Aurea Cruce Aquilonis becomes the third team to make it to the semis, crushing my team (not surprising.)

If North Polar Dragons FC wins the final quarterfinals game tomorrow against Swamp City Dragons 2-1, Swamp City will be in charge of scheduling the tiebreaker match.
10/28/2019 8:45 PM
Also, at some point, a player will decide to take command of the L'Orteil D'or. There is currently a 6-way tie for the trophy (albeit only one player is still active) and another six active players sitting only one goal behind.
10/28/2019 9:09 PM
All four of the top seeds advance and the semifinals are now set. The time frame for the semis will be October 31st through November 6th. You can start sending challenges at your convenience and I will add the dates for the games as they get scheduled.

Best of luck to the semifinalists..the trophies are being made as we speak.
10/29/2019 12:57 PM (edited)
All games have been scheduled with the first contest tomorrow.

While there are still a number of you following the progress of the tournament, please feel free to give me any feedback about the format, rules or anything else concerning FC Dynasty Cup. You can either do it here or through a sitemail. The only thing I am certain to change for FCD IV is to limit the number of teams per group in the Group Stage to four rather than either four or five. Four team groups just work better from a scheduling standpoint. All comments are welcome.

Now, back to the semifinals...

10/31/2019 11:15 AM
Thanks again for setting this up. It made the season so much more fun and also made me spend some money on talent instead of continuing my rebuild
10/31/2019 4:21 PM
Aurea Cruce Aquilonis overpowers the Detroit Bodysnatchers in the semis and will await the winner of the Swamp City Dragons/Wolves semifinals for the FC Dynasty Cup Championship. If Swamp City wins 3-1 on 11/04/19, the Dragons will be responsible for scheduling the tiebreaker game. I'll be posting a few reminders about the Championship Round tomorrow.

Also of note - with a four goal performance, Aquilonis' Dayquan Montano takes a commanding lead in the L'Orteil D'or, scoring six goals in the semifinals round alone. Good luck catching him.
11/2/2019 9:05 AM
After five weeks of play covering 123 games (the 124th game between Swamp City Dragons/Wolves is tomorrow,) the Championship Round is almost upon us. Here are a few reminders about how the finals differ from the Knockout Rounds.

There is no time frame - Once we get to the last two teams, they can schedule the home and home match-up at any time and they don't need to wait for me to prompt them.
The only thing that matters are aggregate goals - A finals with a [10 : 9] followed by a [1 : 0] result is a 10-10 aggregate tie. Scoring those 9 away goals is impressive but irrelevant.
Seeding is dropped - Aquilonis, for example, is no longer the #3 seed as they were throughout the Knockout Rounds. If a tiebreaker game is necessary, a coin flip decides which team will host the first tiebreaker game. I'll cut/paste the coin flip results from random.org before the first Championship game is played so that both teams will know. With the way it stands alphabetically, Aquilonis will be HEADS no matter who they face.
11/3/2019 10:39 PM
With a 72nd minute goal by Romano Drago, Wolves takes the semis against Swamp City Dragons, resulting in the first match-up decided by the away goals tiebreaker. Wolves advances with a 2-1 away goals margin (after a 5-5 aggregate tie) and will meet Aquilonis in the Championship Round.

The coin flip to decide the Championship Round tiebreaker game (if necessary) is posted below. Aurea Cruce Aquilonis is designated as HEADS and Wolves as TAILS. I used a Hungarian 200 Forint for the flip. For those of you not familiar with Hungarian coins, the picture of the Széchenyi Chain Bridge is the HEADS of the coin.

You flipped 10 coins of type Hungarian 200 Forint:

Timestamp: 2019-11-04 12:36:16 UTC

TAILS wins 6-4 so Wolves would send the challenge and host the first tiebreaker game.
11/4/2019 7:58 AM (edited)
The first game of the Championship Round is tomorrow at the home pitch of Aquilonis. All of Poland will be watching.
11/6/2019 9:14 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup III-Aurea Cruce Aquilonis, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.