Why Can’t We Be Friends? Topic

Oh my!
9/13/2019 5:04 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/13/2019 4:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/13/2019 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 9/13/2019 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/13/2019 9:35:00 AM (view original):
It is this type of bullshit virtue signaling that makes me despise Leftists. I would not want to be her so called friend even if I hated Trump. How dare she tell me under what circumstances we may or may not be friends. What a complete hack that person is.
Boris. Shame on you. I ALMOST quoted HER post rather than yours because SO MUCH of it is RIGHT ON!!!

I'm talking about REAL friendship, not this shallow level of modern friendship characterized by Facebook, Twitter and this modern garbage of "liking" people you don't really know.

Ms. Rios is right. She's right about the VALUES within real friendship. and more importantly She's right about the LACK of values within the man we elected. AND she's right about the ignorance that elected him (mainly shallow thinking) and she's also right about her parallels to 1930's Germany. I'm quite SURE that there were many Germans who didn't "go along to get along" with the Nazi movement. I suspect your ancestors were some of them.

TRUMP IS despicable. HE IS destroying the values and the strength of belief of our citizens in OUR democracy.
I believe (and yes, I could be wrong-----time will tell) that this con man in the W.H. is an enemy of our Republic and quite possibly doing the bidding of foreign entities with whom he is indebted (or worse) to.

Now, she's wrong about refusing to stay friends with someone with whom she disagrees IF she was already truly their friend.
You and I have never met. We are not really friends.
However, should you ever get to Arizona, let me know (privately) and I will have you to dinner and we'll discuss our disagreements and I'd bet we become friends, despite any continuing disagreements. That is what real Americans do. We find common ground with our neighbors. We don't demonize and treat them as lesser citizens. Not here. That's for small minds and small places, NOT the U.S. of A.!!!
Hey Bob, am I invited? Not that I have any plans to be in AZ any time soon.
No!
Don't worry, CCCP... I have very little desire or interest to have a beer with you. It has nothing to do with your politics. It has to do with the fact that you are a damn Red Sox/Patriots fan!
9/13/2019 6:16 PM
It is this type of bullshit virtue signaling that makes me despise Leftists. I would not want to be her so called friend even if I hated Trump. How dare she tell me under what circumstances we may or may not be friends. What a complete hack that person is.
"I know you are a bad person because you disagree with me."
9/13/2019 6:52 PM
Never change, Comrade
9/13/2019 6:53 PM
so, you don't think she has a right to decide who she wants or doesn't want to be friends with? You can disagree with her criteria, but she should get to decide who her friends are or aren't?
9/13/2019 7:31 PM
Everyone DOES get to decide who their friends are. BUT, it also reveals something about the individual--------- who and who is NOT that individual's "friend".
You are known (and judged by many folks) by the company you keep.

I'd enjoy greatly having a cold brew and chopping wood with George W. Even though I disagreed with most of his decisions as POTUS. AND, even though I believe He made a couple of horrid decisions as POTUS (Irag comes to mind), I WOULD apologize to him for some of the statements I made about him during his reign. I have no doubt (nowadays) that HE TRIED to do what was best. He cared about MY Country! And it's citizens. ALL of them. He was/is a good man who made a mistake or two. Just like me, and probably most of you. My mistakes don't carry the weight his did. I am the lucky one. HE carried my load. I would tell him that I was wrong to be so harshly critical and would thank him greatly for his efforts!

He is STILL a Republican and I am aware of that. And YES, I still believe the Rep. Party IS the refuge for racists and racist supporting scoundrels and ********!! BUT, obviously, NOT ALL the Republicans are racists.

Now, I wouldn't cross the street for ANY decent purpose to engage with our current POTUS. I would attempt to avoid an interaction with him, because IF I DID encounter him, I would likely lose my cool and do what should have been done to him long ago----------- I would land a good stiff straight right hand jab directly to that lying piehole of his and do so repeatedly until he agreed to apologize to ALL us Americans for his treachery and resign from office.

Do I make myself perfectly clear??
Still wanna have a beer with me Boris and Wylie??
I'm pretty radical in defense of MY Country!
Have a great weekend everybody!
9/14/2019 12:35 PM
Bob, I'd have no problem having a beer with you. cccp, I'm not as sure about (mainly because of his inexplicable Red Sux fandom). I think we agree for the most part. When it comes to judging people I don't care about political affiliation. I care about the quality of the person. Their integrity, their loyalty, their sense of humor, their generosity, their kindness.
9/14/2019 2:28 PM
I’ll smoke weed with anyone not dummy.

I’ve drank enough.
9/14/2019 3:35 PM
Posted by tangplay on 9/13/2019 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Never change, Comrade
Still supporting BDS? Tang? LOL
9/14/2019 4:20 PM
Did you forget what I said two minutes ago?

Catching up with the Comrade

Last week, we discussed BDS, and how Tang doesn't support it.

Will Comrade remember?
9/14/2019 10:00 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 9/14/2019 3:35:00 PM (view original):

I’ve drank enough.
quitter
9/14/2019 11:08 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 9/14/2019 11:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rsp777 on 9/14/2019 3:35:00 PM (view original):

I’ve drank enough.
quitter
That would be my liver.
9/15/2019 12:17 PM
think of it this way

who gets to choose the manner of their death

alkies and gunsuckers

of the two, who has the glide path of an eagle

beer and crow is the way to go
9/16/2019 7:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 9/14/2019 10:00:00 PM (view original):

Will Comrade remember?
You said previously that many of your friends did and you would be OK with that did you not?
9/17/2019 9:59 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/17/2019 9:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 9/14/2019 10:00:00 PM (view original):

Will Comrade remember?
You said previously that many of your friends did and you would be OK with that did you not?
I said that I won't hate you just becausr you are BDS, in the same way that many of my friends and family like Trump. I don't support BDS myself.
9/17/2019 11:15 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Why Can’t We Be Friends? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.