It's been quiet around here lately. And when it's not, it's mostly negative.

How are you doing? What's on your mind?

Things I love to talk about:

- Sports
- Old movies
- Books
- Conspiracy theories
- Travel
- Ghost stories
- Or a topic of your choice.

EDIT: This is my 1,000th post, and that's pretty neat.
9/16/2019 2:26 PM (edited)
that was your 1,000 post. epic
9/16/2019 2:25 PM
Quiet. Yeah, too quiet.
9/16/2019 4:53 PM
Fantasy Football and HD is a lot to keep up with if you want to compete. Knock on wood if you're with me.
9/16/2019 6:10 PM
Posted by Nick_Bennett on 9/16/2019 6:10:00 PM (view original):
Fantasy Football and HD is a lot to keep up with if you want to compete. Knock on wood if you're with me.
I run my own fantasy league. To give you an indication of how poorly my team is doing, it's just week three, and my starting QB is Case Keenum, Melvin Gordon and Tevin Coleman and Sterling Shepard are Out, and Alshon Jeffery is Questionable.

I did not draft well.

I have only myself to blame.

In my own league.
9/16/2019 6:33 PM
Alshon Jeffery is the goat.

Anyways, do you think MLK was killed by a lone wolf? What about JFK? What about Pat Tillman? Was he killed because he knew too much and the US didn't like the most famous man in Iraq was a liberal atheist who was against the war?
9/16/2019 9:43 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/16/2019 9:43:00 PM (view original):
Alshon Jeffery is the goat.

Anyways, do you think MLK was killed by a lone wolf? What about JFK? What about Pat Tillman? Was he killed because he knew too much and the US didn't like the most famous man in Iraq was a liberal atheist who was against the war?
I like Jeffery. I liked him a lot when he was on the Bears.

MLK - Yes, one guy.
JFK - One guy in Dealey Plaza, more guys behind the scenes. Maybe a lot more. Jack certainly wasn't short on enemies, both inside and outside the country.
Tillman - I don't know much about this event, actually, beyond the initial news reports. After a quick peek at Google, definitely some fishy things.
9/16/2019 10:09 PM
With every loss by my Phelan World SF Dons team, i hire an additional Icelandic women's crossfit athlete to my fitness and nutrition staff.
I'm at 5-2 after one week, and now have the following trainers:
- Katrin Davidsdottir.
- Sara Sigmundsdottir.

if Ceej-money or Iwanturmind or ppk700 or franklynne or rileyk or moose or even duke137 try to headhunt and pre-emptively hire other Icelandic women, it won't work. They're extremely loyal to the Dons.
9/17/2019 8:25 AM (edited)
I'm good. The family adopted a rescue this weekend, a 40 pound lab-bichon-shihtzu mix. He's a crazy bundle of energy, but my son is in love.
Have you guys watched any North Dakota State football games? I've been following them for about a year and that program is a machine. They have a Redshirt freshman at QB named Trey Lance that is an amazing athlete and Darren Sprole's cousin Phoenix is a wideout. YouTube his catch against Butler a few weeks ago...stud.
My alma mater WVU seems to be reloading their basketball program, but Huggins needs to go, IMO. We need someone younger.
My son is 9 1/2. He loves playing flag football and basketball. At the beginning of the summer we were at a flag football camp hosted by one of the local high schools. During the drills, one of the Coaches targeted Noah (my son) and began riding him unnecessarily. Now, my son isn't perfect, but he knew these drills and during practices, he listens. He was doing great, but after about 10 minutes of this my son starts crying. Other parents are asking me what my son did wrong...so during one of the water breaks me and a few other parents asked him what the problem was. He said my son was soft and wouldn't last a season on his high school team. This is flag football. Not the NFL. My son doesn't even want to play tackle. So, he quit for a season because he said it wasn't fun anymore but I know him...he probably won't play ever again. Youth Coaches need to chill. When I Coach my two goals are, always, play hard and have fun.

9/17/2019 9:27 AM
To keep the positivity, I'm actually loving this game right now -

Years ago during v1.0, I worked up to a P6 school in Virginia Tech and felt like I had the program in the right direction before the coach of Duke, who was on his way out of WIS (I still remember the user's name), used the 'pay recruit' option (I don't remember what it was called exactly - but it essentially guaranteed you get the recruit in return for essentially guaranteeing you are banned from postseason) to poach my top 2 or 3 recruits for laughs.

I bounced in and out of the game at D2, worked my way back up to arrive at 'Nova and felt like I was, again, putting the program in the right direction, before they updated the game to v2.0 I believe. I lost care for the game. I came back months laters for a one off season at Louisville but couldn't figure out the game and didn't have a lot of free time to do so.

Now I'm at UVA and I'm loving the game. I started off with a horrific D+ roster (where I didn't realize the importance of rescinding the SIM AI scholarships until it was too late) in, arguably, the toughest conference in D1 Knight (highest conference prestige and RPI, but no championships for the conference since I've arrived so it can be debated). I've lost out on recruits when I was the heavy favorite, I've been pushed late by teams of better prestige, and I'm learning about the differences between v1/ 2/ 3 the hard way. Still, I've never enjoyed the game more. I just won the top recruit in my state (#6 overall recruit) as the underdog. I know the percentage mechanic can absolutely ruin a recruiting cycle, but it can also change a team for the better. I've been on both ends in my short time back and, personally, I've enjoyed it.

Does it have flaws? Yeah, I'm not blind to that. Can it be better? Yes, without a doubt, but the same can be said about any damn game. As for now, I'm just loving this game. I'd be surprised if anyone read this far, and I apologize for wasting your time if you did, but I just wanted to contribute to the positive vibes that pallas is putting out there.
9/17/2019 9:30 AM
My life is grand. But what the hell is wrong with the world?
9/17/2019 11:25 AM
Posted by p6453 on 9/17/2019 9:28:00 AM (view original):
I'm good. The family adopted a rescue this weekend, a 40 pound lab-bichon-shihtzu mix. He's a crazy bundle of energy, but my son is in love.
Have you guys watched any North Dakota State football games? I've been following them for about a year and that program is a machine. They have a Redshirt freshman at QB named Trey Lance that is an amazing athlete and Darren Sprole's cousin Phoenix is a wideout. YouTube his catch against Butler a few weeks ago...stud.
My alma mater WVU seems to be reloading their basketball program, but Huggins needs to go, IMO. We need someone younger.
My son is 9 1/2. He loves playing flag football and basketball. At the beginning of the summer we were at a flag football camp hosted by one of the local high schools. During the drills, one of the Coaches targeted Noah (my son) and began riding him unnecessarily. Now, my son isn't perfect, but he knew these drills and during practices, he listens. He was doing great, but after about 10 minutes of this my son starts crying. Other parents are asking me what my son did wrong...so during one of the water breaks me and a few other parents asked him what the problem was. He said my son was soft and wouldn't last a season on his high school team. This is flag football. Not the NFL. My son doesn't even want to play tackle. So, he quit for a season because he said it wasn't fun anymore but I know him...he probably won't play ever again. Youth Coaches need to chill. When I Coach my two goals are, always, play hard and have fun.

So many youth sports coaches are insane pathetic a-holes.
9/17/2019 11:33 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 9/17/2019 11:33:00 AM (view original):

So many youth sports coaches are insane pathetic a-holes.
In one league there was an Assistant who wore a Go -Pro or whatever that camera is called. I realize that I live in the heart of Ohio State Buckeye country but these kids should be taught to enjoy sports.
Anyway, my life is pretty darn good. It's the rest of the world that is messed up.
9/17/2019 12:52 PM

Really gross.

The only reason to let kids participate in youth sports in the first place is to teach teamwork, good sportspersonship, and a love of the game. Coaches who don’t put that stuff *way* above “winning” have negative social utility, and should probably be kept as far from children as possible.
9/17/2019 2:24 PM
Posted by upsetcity on 9/17/2019 9:30:00 AM (view original):
To keep the positivity, I'm actually loving this game right now -

Years ago during v1.0, I worked up to a P6 school in Virginia Tech and felt like I had the program in the right direction before the coach of Duke, who was on his way out of WIS (I still remember the user's name), used the 'pay recruit' option (I don't remember what it was called exactly - but it essentially guaranteed you get the recruit in return for essentially guaranteeing you are banned from postseason) to poach my top 2 or 3 recruits for laughs.

I bounced in and out of the game at D2, worked my way back up to arrive at 'Nova and felt like I was, again, putting the program in the right direction, before they updated the game to v2.0 I believe. I lost care for the game. I came back months laters for a one off season at Louisville but couldn't figure out the game and didn't have a lot of free time to do so.

Now I'm at UVA and I'm loving the game. I started off with a horrific D+ roster (where I didn't realize the importance of rescinding the SIM AI scholarships until it was too late) in, arguably, the toughest conference in D1 Knight (highest conference prestige and RPI, but no championships for the conference since I've arrived so it can be debated). I've lost out on recruits when I was the heavy favorite, I've been pushed late by teams of better prestige, and I'm learning about the differences between v1/ 2/ 3 the hard way. Still, I've never enjoyed the game more. I just won the top recruit in my state (#6 overall recruit) as the underdog. I know the percentage mechanic can absolutely ruin a recruiting cycle, but it can also change a team for the better. I've been on both ends in my short time back and, personally, I've enjoyed it.

Does it have flaws? Yeah, I'm not blind to that. Can it be better? Yes, without a doubt, but the same can be said about any damn game. As for now, I'm just loving this game. I'd be surprised if anyone read this far, and I apologize for wasting your time if you did, but I just wanted to contribute to the positive vibes that pallas is putting out there.
Thanks for posting this. Well said.
9/17/2019 2:35 PM
1|2|3...39 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.