Posted by p6453 on 10/2/2019 8:58:00 AM (view original):
I'm playing Thursday morning for a National Championship in Phelan. This wait is going to be da@# hard, lol.
Bring it home.
10/2/2019 10:00 AM
Posted by topdogggbm on 10/1/2019 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 10/1/2019 8:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by topdogggbm on 9/30/2019 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Michael Jackson is an excellent discussion for the music topic just brought up. And in may dig into that discussion in a bit. But this HAS to be discussed in this thread!!!!

Fair Pay to Play Act..... WOW. I'll pass the mic. Someone start us off! Thoughts? Is it the end of the college sports as we know it? Will college sports just continue as is and we won't even notice a difference, since it happens behind closed doors already?
It looks as if I am the only one completely opposed to the Fair Pay to Play Act.

I hope it destroys the NCAA, destroys college athletics and damages higher education in general. All three entities are hopelessly corrupt.

Now, back to HD...
You are the one that I hoped would comment. Not you specifically. But your beliefs.

Why? Why should kids make billions for a school, while getting penalized for getting a 92 Honda Civic given to them by a booster? Why penalize a kid that is the face of your entire school, and his draw power may bring more kids to your school for years to come, when he has an autograph session AT your school that attracts more people to the school?

Dumb examples. But I'm sure it happens.

Why do you feel that's wrong? And I'm really asking for your side. Not being a douche.
Hey,

This excellent question deserves much more attention than I can give it right now. I could probably write a dissertation on the subject. To massively oversimplify, which will leave my answer vulnerable to attack and criticism (oh well, I just don't have the time to create a concise argument,) higher education is nothing more than continuing criminal enterprise, in partnership with other elements of organized crime (banking sector, government, corporate sponsors, NCAA, to name a few) that targets a victim pool (effectively all of us but primarily the middle class) with false representations and/or flat-out deceptions about the need for advanced education and then extorts money out of those victims by supplying the solution (colleges and universities) at prices that increase many multiples beyond the inflation rate. College athletics is one of the more brazen facets of the scheme..

The entire setup is a racket, designed to financially benefit a tiny percentage of well-connected people at the ruinous cost of virtually everyone else involved. I hope the Fair Pay to Play brings it all down.
10/2/2019 10:36 AM
i mostly agree but i definitely think higher education has a place and is worth trying to salvage. the issues with the price rising so ridiculously over the past 2-3 decades is a real problem, but i don't think the solution is to axe the whole thing. ncaa and college athletics, there is probably less daylight between us, there is a pretty reasonable line of inquiry there as to whether either of those things needs to exist. especially the ncaa. i think college sports are a good thing for young people to participate in for personal development purposes, but the focus is fairly mutilated right now - it should be about providing a robust education, not about the money.
10/2/2019 12:16 PM (edited)
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/2/2019 12:16:00 PM (view original):
i mostly agree but i definitely think higher education has a place and is worth trying to salvage. the issues with the price rising so ridiculously over the past 2-3 decades is a real problem, but i don't think the solution is to axe the whole thing. ncaa and college athletics, there is probably less daylight between us, there is a pretty reasonable line of inquiry there as to whether either of those things needs to exist. especially the ncaa. i think college sports are a good thing for young people to participate in for personal development purposes, but the focus is fairly mutilated right now - it should be about providing a robust education, not about the money.
I can accept all of that. I think that's why I made the initial distinction between destroying the NCAA and damaging higher education. I don't want to destroy higher education. The corrupt U. S. college and university system is like the Roman Catholic Church of the 1500s...in need of a Reformation.
10/2/2019 1:07 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 10/2/2019 10:00:00 AM (view original):
I'm playing Thursday morning for a National Championship in Phelan. This wait is going to be da@# hard, lol.
Bring it home.
Miami...I'm gonna try. This extra time has me second guessing my original gameplan. It's either tinker a bit and you've done too much or leave it alone and it's not enough. I'm going to look at his roster, stats and opponents one more time before leaving things alone. I thing we're the underdog because I've never win one, so we're gonna ride with that.
10/2/2019 3:08 PM (edited)
Posted by gomiami1972 on 10/2/2019 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 10/2/2019 12:16:00 PM (view original):
I can accept all of that. I think that's why I made the initial distinction between destroying the NCAA and damaging higher education. I don't want to destroy higher education. The corrupt U. S. college and university system is like the Roman Catholic Church of the 1500s...in need of a Reformation.
i like it
10/2/2019 5:21 PM
good luck paul!
10/2/2019 5:21 PM
WIN IT FOR THE THREAD, PAUL.
10/2/2019 7:01 PM
Posted by p6453 on 10/2/2019 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Bring it home.
Miami...I'm gonna try. This extra time has me second guessing my original gameplan. It's either tinker a bit and you've done too much or leave it alone and it's not enough. I'm going to look at his roster, stats and opponents one more time before leaving things alone. I thing we're the underdog because I've never win one, so we're gonna ride with that.
You won't stop tinkering with it all night! I remember that day for myself. Just based off this post, I'm going to estimate somewhere between 8 and 9 more "look and adjust things" for you tonight.

I'll take the over!
10/2/2019 7:20 PM
Posted by pallas on 10/2/2019 7:01:00 PM (view original):
+1
10/2/2019 7:26 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 10/2/2019 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 10/2/2019 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Bring it home.
You won't stop tinkering with it all night! I remember that day for myself. Just based off this post, I'm going to estimate somewhere between 8 and 9 more "look and adjust things" for you tonight.

I'll take the over!
8, 9, 10...what's in a number?
I'm trying to stick to the Forums.
10/2/2019 7:28 PM
I sure as Hell did, pallas!!!!
National Championship!!
10/3/2019 3:05 AM
National Championship!!
10/3/2019 3:06 AM
Posted by p6453 on 10/3/2019 3:05:00 AM (view original):
National Championship!!
10/3/2019 6:35 AM
Posted by p6453 on 10/3/2019 3:06:00 AM (view original):
National Championship!!
It was never in doubt. Congrats! It feels good, doesn't it? lol.
10/3/2019 7:57 AM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...39 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.