Before and After Twist League - Closed Topic

Before and After Twist League

24 teams Standard WIS Format
We will have a 1 round draft after the League is full to pick teams. Random order to pick Teams so don't pick at sign up. In the Draft you'll pick a team that played from 1960 to 2018. (Example: 1965 Dodgers). After everyone has there Team, a random draw will place the Teams from 1 thru 24.

You will keep 15 players from your Team. Must use the season that you picked for those 15 players, No Twisting.
You'll then select 5 players from the Team placed before you and 5 players from the Team placed after you.
Those 10 players you must Twist to a season that is NOT the season that was chosen by the owner who picked them.

Example: Owner #1 has the 1965 Dodgers. Owner #2 has the 2000 Red Sox. Owner #3 has the 1985 Cardinals. Owner #2 will take 5 players from both the 1965 Dodgers and 1985 Cardinals and Twist them to any season that isn't the '65 Dodgers and '85 Cardinals.
Owner #1 will take 5 players from Owner #24 Team and Owner #2 Team. Owner #24 will take 5 players from Owner #23 Team and Owner #1 Team.

Salary Cap = $100M
Yes to DH
No WW, AAA, Clones and Trades
Injuries off
Stadium that your team played in.
9/19/2019 7:52 AM (edited)
Owners: bheid408; zephyr1949; Bradsher; schwarze; georgedeer; moses_k; vilefileman;
9/26/2019 8:21 AM (edited)
I will try this,,,thanks
9/17/2019 6:52 PM
I'll play.
9/18/2019 9:54 PM
When are the 15 players selected? Before or after the random draw for team order? If after, are these 15 players secretly selected? If I know who the team in front of me or behind me is selecting, it may change who I select. Knowing who the other teams select would be a big advantage vs not knowing.
9/18/2019 11:14 PM
You say you will pick your team after 10 others have signed up? I thought it was a random lottery on team selection order.
9/18/2019 11:15 PM
Posted by schwarze on 9/18/2019 11:15:00 PM (view original):
You say you will pick your team after 10 others have signed up? I thought it was a random lottery on team selection order.
yeah, my bad, I was going to do team selection at sign up but changed my mind figuring that would give some owners an advantage over others.
I have removed that.
9/19/2019 7:52 AM
Posted by schwarze on 9/18/2019 11:14:00 PM (view original):
When are the 15 players selected? Before or after the random draw for team order? If after, are these 15 players secretly selected? If I know who the team in front of me or behind me is selecting, it may change who I select. Knowing who the other teams select would be a big advantage vs not knowing.
You can select your 15 players whenever. Yes once you have decided who your 10 twisted players are, might change who your 15 players are. Players are not exclusive so the 5 players you take from each team may be the same ones the other owners keep, however you must twist those 10 players, they cannot.
9/19/2019 7:57 AM (edited)
Ok, that makes sense. I'm in
9/20/2019 8:36 AM
Here's the opportunity to play one of your favorite teams? Give it a shot. Adding 5 players each from 2 other teams could push your team into the World Series!
9/20/2019 5:31 PM
I'm in
9/20/2019 7:52 PM
I’d like to give this a try.
9/21/2019 9:28 AM
Heh bheid408, I like a lot about this theme, but I don't like not being able to determine your teams better.

(1) I have a very limited list of team seasons (about 3) that I enjoy to play, so -- although very unlikely -- if those seasons are gone, I won't want to play. Perhaps others would back out if that happens to them too? If I were able to secure my favorite team season upon signup, that would lure me in.

(2) One of my favorite team seasons has a huge flaw, so I would be hoping beyond hope that the 10 twisted players to fill that 7-player hole. I would prefer a setup that would allow more flexibility as to which teams I could twist from. Otherwise, I would be forced to take a more conservative team choice, which wouldn't be as fun. To me, making more flexible rules (like pick any 2 of the other teams in the league to make your twisted 10 players) maintains fairness and limits the chance for an owner to hate their own team (a real buzz-kill in my books).

Thanks for considering changes...
9/21/2019 4:25 PM
Posted by Datatrek on 9/21/2019 4:25:00 PM (view original):
Heh bheid408, I like a lot about this theme, but I don't like not being able to determine your teams better.

(1) I have a very limited list of team seasons (about 3) that I enjoy to play, so -- although very unlikely -- if those seasons are gone, I won't want to play. Perhaps others would back out if that happens to them too? If I were able to secure my favorite team season upon signup, that would lure me in.

(2) One of my favorite team seasons has a huge flaw, so I would be hoping beyond hope that the 10 twisted players to fill that 7-player hole. I would prefer a setup that would allow more flexibility as to which teams I could twist from. Otherwise, I would be forced to take a more conservative team choice, which wouldn't be as fun. To me, making more flexible rules (like pick any 2 of the other teams in the league to make your twisted 10 players) maintains fairness and limits the chance for an owner to hate their own team (a real buzz-kill in my books).

Thanks for considering changes...
From past experience, changing the rules AFTER a Theme has been launched usually ends up killing the Theme. You make valid points and I was going to run this Theme with owners selecting teams as they signed up but felt it was unfair to owners who signed up towards the end. I also feel the uncertainty of not knowing who the other 2 teams you'll select from adds a bit of randomness and keeps that part fair for everyone as well.

If this doesn't fill as is, I may try a 2nd attempt and change the rules then. Thanks!

9/21/2019 8:58 PM
I figured as much, but I thought it was early enough in your recruiting of owners to refine your rules. Best of luck. I hope it fills for you.
9/22/2019 12:56 PM
12 Next ▸
Before and After Twist League - Closed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.