How bad is 57 Makeup? Or even 45 and 47 makeup? Topic

I am ranking my players for a draft. And I am looking at these two guys.

First guy
Batting Core 58 79 84 91 75 63 43 Dur 81 He 67 Sp 90 with a 57 Makeup 94 range 92 Glove 18yo CF

Second guy
Pitching Core 58 95 69 85 35 46 Dur 35 He 100 95 Makeup 21yo

I am seeing them with 20 scouting. And I am running 20 Med 20 Training. And there are two guys that project better then the first guy but have 45 and 47 makeup.

And thoughts on how to rank these guy would be great.
Thanks

9/18/2019 2:45 PM
Makeup isn't a deal breaker at all. Most of my players, I've never even looked at the Makeup rating. It's been suspected that players with low makeup start losing their ratings at an earlier age, but I don't know if anyone has evidence.

9/18/2019 3:43 PM
Posted by damag on 9/18/2019 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Makeup isn't a deal breaker at all. Most of my players, I've never even looked at the Makeup rating. It's been suspected that players with low makeup start losing their ratings at an earlier age, but I don't know if anyone has evidence.

Agree with the above.

On stud players, the makeup should be something that you look at only as a perk. If he is stud player, AND he has great makeup, it is just an added bonus. Focus on the stud part, not the makeup.

Makeup is more important for those guys that are under 60 overall rated players. If they get DITR and they have high makeup, they COULD develop into an MLB asset or a tradeable asset.
9/19/2019 2:55 PM
As far as thoughts on how to rank the guys, every owner is different.

I like the higher ceiling HS players and the player that can overplay CF and do it with a middle of the order bat.
9/19/2019 3:00 PM
Posted by damag on 9/18/2019 3:43:00 PM (view original):

I've never done a formal study, but I'm quite sure that on average, players with higher makeup:
1) Get more increase in ratings after their initial development curve. By "more" I mean at most 2-3 more points per category, and not usually that much.
2) Decline later, although no slower once they begin their decline.

I agree that makeup does not appear to impact the primary development curve much, if at all. Also, it doesn't matter in this context, but DitR bumps are much higher for higher makeup players.
9/19/2019 5:50 PM
I can honestly say that I have noticed guys with higher makeup get a larger ratings boost when they go down for injury and you put them on the 60 day DL. That being said, that is one of my main strategies and I still never look at makeup. (This is if you have 20 million in medical)
9/20/2019 6:48 AM
hockey, I've noticed a lot of players who are put on 60 day DL and gain in certain categories, particularly strength categories, lose their ratings gains in the off season.

Player Profile: Al Benitez - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports was put on the 60 day DL last season and went from 87 power to 90 power in 2 recovery cycles. He stayed there all season. We rolled into this new season and he dropped down to 88, which is still one higher than where he was originally but he may have gained that anyway. Makeup of 85.
9/20/2019 10:01 AM
@jamier, it is an accepted belief that players have a cap on their potential. When you see players lose rating points after rollover that they gained from the med boost it is because they exceeded their potential. It's not uncommon to see players exceed 100 in certain ratings from a 60-day stint. They will lose those points after rollover.
9/20/2019 3:23 PM
Good to know. Thanks
9/20/2019 4:56 PM
What about 22 makeup?
9/21/2019 10:44 AM
How bad is 57 Makeup? Or even 45 and 47 makeup? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.