Where would you play this guy? Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=9449821

If I don't want to play Ramos at catcher, would you put him in RF or 1B? Trying my hardest to get that bat in the lineup (NL team).
9/20/2019 12:22 PM
I play those guys at RF.

Player Profile: Marcell Rodriguez - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

i was still top 10 in fielding % and top half in fewest minus plays.

the way I look at it- a 1B is going to get the most chances at a play so I at least want to get a decent glove and range there. RF is the best place I can hide a player- fewest plays to be made.
9/20/2019 1:09 PM (edited)
Agreed. 1b can actually make a ton of good/bad plays. That guy also has a cannon, so maybe he gets a couple assists out in RF. I'd also bring in defensive replacements for him late, especially since he has a lower durability. Might save you from having to rest him as much.
9/20/2019 2:08 PM
Bumped a thread for you guys. Yeah, I do it too. Your Fielding Instructor will always send you an e-mail that these guys should really think about changing position!

9/20/2019 2:32 PM
I was thinking I'd just let him catch-- but his DUR = 53, and catchers fatigue somewhat faster than other players (I think).

So either play him in RF-- where you can play him, I dunno, every other day or so without fatiguing, or let him catch about 35-40% of the time (something like C vs LHP + DH in your 6 games in AL parks). In either case he's your everyday starting something down the stretch and in the playoffs.
9/20/2019 3:09 PM
I haven't looked at your roster, but assuming you don't have another option to catch he is definitely good enough to.
9/20/2019 3:20 PM
His caught stealing% puts him 6th in your league's team rankings from last season. He's more valuable to you at C than RF, much less 1B.
9/21/2019 12:51 AM
Thanks for all the input. I think I’m leaning towards RF. Skeptical about the residual effect 49 PC at catcher has on my staff ERA and therefore usage.
9/21/2019 9:13 AM
Player Profile: Quinn Millwood - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

I would have him catch. I used this guy as my back up catcher for 3 season(50-60 games behind the plate). Two seasons his ERA was pretty close to my team ERA. The third season he was .37 higher. I don't remember his exact PC when I used him behind the plate. I think I won a WS one year with him catching all the games in the playoffs.
9/23/2019 10:29 AM
Imo he can only play rf or catcher.
9/23/2019 7:19 PM
Where would you play this guy? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.