If a position player with a 60 stamina plays DH all season will he not get tired as fast if he played the field? Meaning will he be able to play in more games then if he was in the field as opposed to just batting?
9/21/2019 10:26 AM
Yep. There’s also certain positions that drain stamina quicker than others (ie. Catcher).
9/21/2019 2:30 PM
I'm not sure that's true. I haven't tested, but I believe catcher's get tired quicker simply because they're lower stamina typically.
9/21/2019 5:37 PM
You know I could've sworn I read that somewhere, but can't seem to find it. Maybe Strikeout's right. I did do this with one of my top C prospects with lower dur - played him in RF/DH. It seemed like he regained stamina quicker once I made the move but maybe I was wrong.
9/24/2019 9:46 AM
I've had players with low stamina play more games when they play a less demanding position.

9/24/2019 9:52 AM
I've never compared exact #'s to know for sure but I do not believe position is written into the code of the game. I think the durability # is the key and if to exact or very close guys are played at the different positions with no rest we would see the same results.
9/24/2019 10:40 AM
I'm not sure either way. I was just basing my response on personal observation.
9/24/2019 11:28 AM
From the HBD Developer's Chat (back when those were a thing (2009), and I don't think anything on the underlying engine has changed in years):

Q: I wonder if you could lay out for us how players at each position tire. It seems to me that a catcher for instance should tire more quickly over the course of season compared to say a 1B and a DH should hold his stamina better than any position player. After several seasons of playing it seems to me like stamina is almost entirely attached to AB's and nothing else. Not very realistic. (mosley80 - Hall of Famer - 12:44 PM)

A: Catchers fatigue the most, then the other position players, then DH. We're not talking a huge difference here, but it is significant over the course of a season.

The consensus, from those of us who looked at it after this Dev Chat, was that fatigue followed the defensive spectrum (though I don't know if that was ever explicitly confirmed).

Designated hitter – First baseman – Left fielder – Right fielder – Third baseman – Center fielder – Second baseman – Shortstop – Catcher
9/25/2019 2:19 PM
Then this is what I would say is the answer.
9/25/2019 4:20 PM
"Catchers fatigue the most, then the other position players, then DH"

The way I read this, all of the other positions other than C or DH fatigue at the same level/rate. I don't interpret that as fatigue follows the defensive spectrum.
9/27/2019 3:09 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.