The No Whining Progressive Early Edition is looking for 1 new owner

The NWPEE is a dual year prog currently in the midst of our 1903 /1968 season (Season 19). We are currently a 20 team league, but will be expanding to a 24 team league at the end of this season.

We have recruited our 4 new expansion owners, but have just had one of our original team owners suddenly opt out.

So, you will be the new owner of our Atlanta NL franchise. Going into the expansion draft (which will take place starting October 22nd, 2019), you will be able to protect 5 of your keepers... and you will, over the course of that draft, be able to protect up to 4 more... but you will lose 4 players to the expansion teams.

Some background on the NWPEE...

- No Whining is rule #1. Owners are expected to be responsible for their teams. That is... make your picks in a timely manner... keep track of your keeper lists... deal respectfully with the other owners... and enter your team without undue delay. We understand life can get in the way, but if it is doing so and impeding your ability to run your team, please let us know so we can take appropriate steps. Everyone is expected to be familiar with the rules and timetables and whining about any of these things is really not on.

- In order to discourage tanking, the NWPEE has a completely random draft order. The draft order is determined at or around the All-Star Break. And yes this means that the eventual WS champion can end up drafting 1st over all. Rounds then proceed in a serpentine fashion. i.e. 1-24, 24-1, 1-24, 24-1... and so forth. This will be a bit different this year only; in order to allow the new Expansion teams a bit more advantageous draft positions.

- One of the unique features of the NWPEE is that, in order to ensure that there is a constant flow of good players available (and to mitigate somewhat the effects of the random draft), the NWPEE employs Contract Points. They operate much like a salary cap. Every team has a Contract Point ceiling of 80. Contract points are the equivalent of Years. So, if I draft Vida Blue this year and allot him 10 Contact Points, I will own his rights from the 1969 season until the 1979 season. He will then return to the pool of draftable players. Once "signed" a contract is ironclad, with a few exceptions.

If you are interested, I can contact you with further information about the expansion draft and contract points

You are, of course, welcome to contact me with other questions too.

evm
9/30/2019 5:56 AM (edited)
Atlanta NL (Fulton County Stadium)

Nolan Ryan 21
John Hiller 10
Bob Locker 5
Al Kaline 5
Paul Lindblad 4
Roy White 4
Marty Pattin 4
Diego Segui 3
Jesse Tannehill 3
Topsy Hartsel 3
Roy Patterson 2
Matty Alou 2
Jack Cronin 2

edit: This is their contract points during the current season, for the end of season totals, see below...
9/30/2019 7:33 PM (edited)
I count 68.
9/30/2019 4:12 PM
Sorry that's their current contract points for this season. Adjusted for the end of season...

Nolan Ryan 20
John Hiller 9
Bob Locker 4
Al Kaline 4
Paul Lindblad 3
Roy White 3
Marty Pattin 3
Diego Segui 2
Jesse Tannehill 2
Topsy Hartsel 2
Roy Patterson 1
Matty Alou 1
Jack Cronin 1

For a total of 55

Of course, this team will lose 4 players and their contract points.

This is a fairly typical situation for most teams, although Nolan Ryan does have the longest contract in the league by a fair margin.

At the end of the season... after the Expansion Draft, but before the Rookie / Free Agent draft... you can also conceivably drop any of your remaining players, if that's a thing you think you would like to do.

And finally, one of the exceptions noted in the OP... after the Expansion Draft the owners of the original teams will be allowed, this one time only, to adjust their remaining contacts +/- 3 years.

9/30/2019 7:36 PM (edited)
EVM, I'd like to try this...I will have questions over the next three weeks (preparing for the draft), though, hope you don't mind me peppering you (or someone else) with them.
10/2/2019 9:43 AM
Posted by hebdomad on 10/2/2019 9:43:00 AM (view original):
EVM, I'd like to try this...I will have questions over the next three weeks (preparing for the draft), though, hope you don't mind me peppering you (or someone else) with them.
Cool beans! Welcome aboard hebdomad!!! Thank you for signing up. I will add you to the league forum.
10/2/2019 7:18 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.