Rule V Leg #65 Draft Thread Topic

Posted by sinfonian11 on 10/1/2019 5:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by captmurphy on 9/30/2019 8:09:00 PM (view original):
So last season we floated the idea that once your timed window is closed, picking can go ahead so long as it's in order without waiting for each timeslot to finish. Before we get to timed stuff tomorrow, is there a willingness to implement that this leg?
No, I don't think so. Support for this idea was mixed.
I think a lot of the people who objected aren't playing this season, although I suppose if the timed round doesn't start till 2:00 p.m. anyway there are modest returns on the proposal.
10/1/2019 10:54 AM (edited)
Posted by pumpkinmcp on 10/1/2019 10:54:00 AM (view original):
So last season we floated the idea that once your timed window is closed, picking can go ahead so long as it's in order without waiting for each timeslot to finish. Before we get to timed stuff tomorrow, is there a willingness to implement that this leg?
I think a lot of the people who objected aren't playing this season, although I suppose if the timed round doesn't start till 2:00 p.m. anyway there are modest returns on the proposal.
If I'm understanding this correctly, nobody is at a disadvantage. Those that were/are late with their picks because of missing their time slot continue to be late until they ultimately make a pick. All that's happening is that the draft is becoming more efficient timewise. Everone still maintains their draft order. I'm all for anything that could help speed up The rule V draft.
10/1/2019 10:57 AM
Anything?

I propose I pick everybody's teams.

No I will totally not saddle murphy with the Rays every season. I promise.
10/1/2019 11:04 AM
Can I roster 25 Charlie Mortons in that case?
10/1/2019 11:29 AM
That last part is my fault. I couldn't get on to update until later last night and didn't want to start the timed schedule too early. So, I just made it with the times that typically correspond with each draft spot.
10/1/2019 11:38 AM
I also sitemailed the next three owners.
10/1/2019 11:41 AM
Posted by deathdealer on 10/1/2019 10:57:00 AM (view original):
If I'm understanding this correctly, nobody is at a disadvantage. Those that were/are late with their picks because of missing their time slot continue to be late until they ultimately make a pick. All that's happening is that the draft is becoming more efficient timewise. Everone still maintains their draft order. I'm all for anything that could help speed up The rule V draft.
I agree. It is harsher on someone who blows their time slot but it means the people behind them can move things along instead. Perhaps it would incentivize people to check it to make their....3 picks.
10/1/2019 11:45 AM
Houston Astros
10/1/2019 12:01 PM
Posted by pumpkinmcp on 10/1/2019 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by deathdealer on 10/1/2019 10:57:00 AM (view original):
I agree. It is harsher on someone who blows their time slot but it means the people behind them can move things along instead. Perhaps it would incentivize people to check it to make their....3 picks.
Believe me I hate the waiting that goes on sometimes with a few of the same people for many many years now. However, there are times when an owner who is prompt 95% of the time gets hung up. Time slots are there for a reason. Lets hold to them.
10/1/2019 1:12 PM
Why are we letting repeat offenders derail the draft consistently at every single stage for what you concede is an unusual/outlier occurrence?
10/1/2019 1:20 PM
Posted by pumpkinmcp on 10/1/2019 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Why are we letting repeat offenders derail the draft consistently at every single stage for what you concede is an unusual/outlier occurrence?
What he said...

DBP
10/1/2019 1:41 PM
I'm willing to try the new system for the player draft this time and see how it goes.
10/1/2019 2:17 PM
Great. Let’s say my pick was 2:30 and I’m late and at 3:00 the next owner is on time and picks. Then let’s say the next five consecutive picking owners are online and all make their picks in order and it’s only 3:25 and I show up. Ok so now they’re are potentially six players instead of one not available to me. Well that’s too bad for me but I can live with that if it helps speed this thing up.
10/1/2019 2:30 PM
Posted by deathdealer on 10/1/2019 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Great. Let’s say my pick was 2:30 and I’m late and at 3:00 the next owner is on time and picks. Then let’s say the next five consecutive picking owners are online and all make their picks in order and it’s only 3:25 and I show up. Ok so now they’re are potentially six players instead of one not available to me. Well that’s too bad for me but I can live with that if it helps speed this thing up.
Well I don't know if it will speed things up... 1 late owner still is going to make us all wait the entire day to continue the next round. All this does is allow people who want to keep checking the forums to get their pick over with quicker (maybe). So instead of having to check in only once at my slotted time (and maybe periodically if I'm not in a meeting), i will now be group pressured to check all the time between my time and when it starts (just to not hold up anything).

In the end if there is one owner not picking we're still waiting until he shows up (all the other picks might be over in the first hour). Then the ******** about holding up the draft will be *really* intense.
10/1/2019 2:50 PM
You're wildly overcomplicating things. If you're ready to make your pick and the only reason you can't is because someone blew their time slot it sucks and that shouldn't have to happen. That's it. That's 100% of the new proposal.
10/1/2019 2:54 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...18 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #65 Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.