Round 2 Themes, 2019 Topic

Posted by schwarze on 11/29/2019 1:15:00 PM (view original):
I am just now starting to look at the 110M theme.

Question: The five selected players cannot be teammates of each other at any point in their career except the season I select? Is this correct? So I have to essentially find a team that has five players that basically played just one season on that team (and then hope those players didn't team up somewhere down the road)? What if they teamed up more than +/- 5 years from the selected season?

No this isn’t quite right. What’s true is that the 25 players on your team can only ever have been teammates of 1 of your 5 base players.

You can twist back to the original year. But if you twist back to the original team then you’ll violate that rule since they will be teammates of all 5.
11/29/2019 1:22 PM
Posted by schwarze on 11/29/2019 1:15:00 PM (view original):
I am just now starting to look at the 110M theme.

Question: The five selected players cannot be teammates of each other at any point in their career except the season I select? Is this correct? So I have to essentially find a team that has five players that basically played just one season on that team (and then hope those players didn't team up somewhere down the road)? What if they teamed up more than +/- 5 years from the selected season?

this used to be the case but ozomatli changed it so the five selected players just can't be a teammate of the four other twist players at any point in their careers (obviously the 5 selected players are teammates with the player you used to twist from the base team to the team the 5 selected players all played for).
11/29/2019 1:51 PM
Posted by schwarze on 11/29/2019 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Oh, right. Forgot about that. Thanks. But the question still applies for others who didn't post their strategies.
I do have them -- if anyone doesn't know their park please let me know
12/1/2019 3:24 AM
Posted by schwarze on 11/29/2019 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Also, Am I allowed to twist back to the original team/year?
No this wouldn't make sense since then the player would be teammates of everyone
12/1/2019 3:25 AM
oh my
12/1/2019 3:51 AM
Who was the guy that made round 2 last year, then didn't enter any rosters before the deadline or respond to any site-mails, then got upset when he was replaced?
12/1/2019 6:28 PM
That was bothways, hope we don't have to deal with that again...
12/1/2019 10:23 PM
Is there somewhere to look up our stat requirement \ from round 1 of 130M?
12/1/2019 11:11 PM
It's on the page before this one
12/1/2019 11:16 PM
Rules question on 110M theme. (I sitemailed ozomatli this morning, but no reply). Hoping somebody knows the answer...

With respect to the 5 main twist players not being teammates with each other... is this count all seasons or just WIS-eligible seasons? ANd does it only count the +/- 5 year range from the base season or all seasons?
12/8/2019 6:37 PM
My interpretation is: (1) WIS elegible season only and (2) the teammates rule applies to the whole career. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
12/8/2019 6:47 PM
Doing some tinkering...

Player A plays for a team in year X and is one of my 5 main twist guys. Player B is also on of my 5 main twist guys and he plays for a team in year Y. Can I twist a teammate from Player B's team to year X?
12/8/2019 8:04 PM
Yes, as long as he never played with Player A
12/8/2019 8:51 PM
As I understand it, only Players A, B, C, D & E may not have been teammates with each other. Teammates of players A, B, C, D & E don't have the same teammate restrictions of playing with these five main players

So, if I pick a teammate of player B and twist him to player A's season, shouldn't that be allowed? It's not clear, if I can twist teammates to a team I used for a different main five guy.
12/8/2019 9:03 PM
Posted by schwarze on 12/8/2019 9:03:00 PM (view original):
As I understand it, only Players A, B, C, D & E may not have been teammates with each other. Teammates of players A, B, C, D & E don't have the same teammate restrictions of playing with these five main players

So, if I pick a teammate of player B and twist him to player A's season, shouldn't that be allowed? It's not clear, if I can twist teammates to a team I used for a different main five guy.
The 5 teammates of Player A that you roster can't have been teammates of Players B, C, D and E at any point in their careers. However, the teammates of Player A that you roster could have been teammates of the 5 teammates of Player B that you wind up rostering, for example.
12/8/2019 9:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15
Round 2 Themes, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.