I WANT TO VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT - WHICH ONE? Topic

Bloomberg/ Mayor Pete

Real Billionaire Jew and a faig!
1/6/2020 1:26 PM
By comparison here are the Sept 2016 numbers on Trump's analysis, which were incomplete due to his team not yet set on final tax rates...

Key Findings

• Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s tax plan would significantly reduce income taxes and corporate taxes, and eliminate the estate tax.
  • According to the Tax Foundation’s Taxes and Growth Model, the plan would reduce federal revenue by between $4.4 trillion and $5.9 trillion on a static basis. The amount depends on the nature of a key business policy provision.
  • The plan would also significantly reduce marginal rates and the cost of capital, which would lead to higher long-run levels of GDP, wages, and full-time equivalent jobs.
  • After accounting for the larger economy and the broader tax base, the plan would reduce revenues by between $2.6 trillion and $3.9 trillion after accounting for the larger economy, depending on the nature of a key policy provision.
  • The plan reduces revenue by substantially less than the plan proposed by Trump last year, on both a static and dynamic basis.
  • On a static basis, the plan would lead to at least 0.8 percent higher after-tax income for all taxpayer quintiles. The plan would lead to at least 10.2 percent higher incomes for the top 1 percent of taxpayers or as much as 16.0 percent higher, depending on the nature of a key business policy provision.

1/6/2020 1:27 PM
Certainly a fair argument that the wealthy would benefit greatly under a plan like this, but to some degree those same people have invested heavily in this economy, spurring real job and wage growth for America's middle class. Fwiw, Trump publicly stated the rates on the wealthy could be higher, and that he would sign off on that...
1/6/2020 1:29 PM
A case made that higher taxes are not a winning strategy...

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/466424-soak-the-rich-with-taxes-and-everyone-will-get-clobbered
1/6/2020 1:42 PM
So who's up for binge watching some Ricky Gervais comedy?

Was he clear in his message or what? He just either turned his career into a dumpster fire, or created a new fan club.

Damn, come up, accept your little award, and **** off.... Wow.

His 8 minute monologue has gone viral, in case you just came out of a coma. The guy dropped his pants, then took a dump on their red carpet...that thud was the collective jaw hitting the floor.
1/6/2020 2:20 PM (edited)
I love how you all think he is on your side
1/6/2020 5:22 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/6/2020 10:40:00 AM (view original):
you should just delete that

thats the stupidest thing you ever said

"dodgy"

"spotless"

"gone back on"

what do any o that even mean
I'm sure Biden would like to have his Iraq war vote back, along with his anti-busing stance, his appearance at the Anita Hill hearings, and his support for Obama's immigration policies.
1/6/2020 5:23 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/6/2020 12:51:00 PM (view original):
  • According to the Tax Foundation’s Taxes and Growth Model, the plan would significantly increase marginal tax rates and the cost of capital, which would lead to 9.5 percent lower GDP over the long term.
  • On a static basis, the plan would lead to 10.56 percent lower after-tax income for all taxpayers and 17.91 percent lower after-tax income for the top 1 percent. When accounting for reduced GDP, after-tax incomes of all taxpayers would fall by at least 12.84 percent.

Here is the complete analysis...the numbers are just awful, not sure how someone could approve of going this route...

https://taxfoundation.org/details-and-analysis-senator-bernie-sanders-s-tax-plan/
I'm sure the Tax Foundation has no millionaire donors who would like to see Bernie's policies discredited?

Look, it's hard to find a source here that isn't directly biased. Who funds think tanks? It's not the working class.
1/6/2020 5:27 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/6/2020 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Unlike Harris, Law Biden Citizen and Pocahontas, I find Sanders to be fairly consistent in his message. I see him as truly believing in what his vision is for this country. I think it is loco, but that is my opinion...
That's his appeal to me. He is an honest, trustworthy politician. Refreshing.
1/6/2020 5:27 PM
He wants America to succeed more than he wants himself to succeed financially, which is something that we haven't seen in the oval office for around 3 years.
1/6/2020 5:28 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/6/2020 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Certainly a fair argument that the wealthy would benefit greatly under a plan like this, but to some degree those same people have invested heavily in this economy, spurring real job and wage growth for America's middle class. Fwiw, Trump publicly stated the rates on the wealthy could be higher, and that he would sign off on that...
The wealthy benefit while we all suffer.

If President Trump's middle-class tax cuts are a complicated mix of cuts and increases in the short run, the longer-term picture is quite clear: Trump will increase personal income taxes on just about everyone. After 2025, when every last one of the new law's tax cuts for individuals will expire, the only remaining effect of the Tax Act on working families will be an across-the-board tax increase, thanks to the new law's (permanent) adoption of a less-generous measure of inflation. Each of the tax breaks middle-income families rely on, from exemptions to deductions, will gradually lose their value over time. And when taxpayers file their 2026 income tax returns, they'll be paying hundreds of dollars more than they would have if Trump's plans hadn't been enacted. Needless to say, the corporate tax cuts in the new law have a much longer shelf life. Virtually all of the corporate cuts are permanent.

I STRONGLY disagree with the take that wealthy success is everyone's success. We can discuss this in detail, if you would like.

1/6/2020 5:31 PM
OK.
1/6/2020 6:01 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/6/2020 2:20:00 PM (view original):
So who's up for binge watching some Ricky Gervais comedy?

Was he clear in his message or what? He just either turned his career into a dumpster fire, or created a new fan club.

Damn, come up, accept your little award, and **** off.... Wow.

His 8 minute monologue has gone viral, in case you just came out of a coma. The guy dropped his pants, then took a dump on their red carpet...that thud was the collective jaw hitting the floor.

1/6/2020 6:12 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 1/6/2020 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Bloomberg/ Mayor Pete

Real Billionaire Jew and a faig!
not that there's anything wrong with that

1/6/2020 6:52 PM
Nice hairdo, Baggie...what do you call it, a Front Man Bun?
1/6/2020 7:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20 Next ▸
I WANT TO VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT - WHICH ONE? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.