I'm in
10/16/2019 5:54 PM
In!
10/16/2019 6:20 PM
Yes! In.
10/16/2019 8:32 PM
In
10/16/2019 8:52 PM
Waiting on 5 more confirmations, and then we will kick off the (untimed) player nomination round for the Teammate Draft
10/16/2019 11:52 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 10/16/2019 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Waiting on 5 more confirmations, and then we will kick off the (untimed) player nomination round for the Teammate Draft
Since contrarian isn't playing, does that mean you are waiting for barracuda's confirmation?
10/17/2019 1:59 AM
Posted by justinlee_24 on 10/17/2019 1:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ozomatli on 10/16/2019 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Since contrarian isn't playing, does that mean you are waiting for barracuda's confirmation?
Yes
10/17/2019 2:28 AM
My spot is available. good luck to everyone...

I love to grind out building teams using the draft center. I will do my best to leave no stone unturned...I think we have an example where some won't play here, so I told Mike as much...
DoctorKz
To:
ozomatli
Received:
10/17/2019 3:43:00 AM
Subject:
RE: $110m theme
I don't want to be sour grapes. You and Jeff put a ton of time into this. What will happen is that I can build good teams for the other themes. That $110M is why I usually don't play this tourney. While some wizard sitting behind a desk of monitors can be building and beta testing 50 chain teams with every player sorted by hat and jock size, I will struggle to build something other than a team that merely fits in the cap. It will be inefficient, win 75 games, and cause the time spent on the other themes to be a wasted effort. This isn't about $/IP or $/PA, this is finding or not finding the right mix, if you have time to search endlessly. I'm not gonna. I appreciate what you do here, never forget that...
10/17/2019 3:48 AM (edited)
I suppose the tournament needs more cannon fodder for the big boys. I'll play. Heck, there are even a few themes in here where a home run might be hit...
10/17/2019 9:35 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm going to open up my spot and forego playing in round #2. Here's what I sent to ozomatli via site mail.
redwingscup
To:
ozomatli
Received:
10/17/2019 11:20:00 AM
Subject:
RE: WISC - Round 2 Participation Confirmation
Hey Mike,

First off, thanks for the countless hours you've dedicated for on the WISC. You do an exemplary job of communicating, posting interesting data/details, and generally enhancing the site for all Simmers. It does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

That being said, and after careful thought and consideration, I've decided to "pass" on participating in Round 2. I'll take satisfaction in knowing my Round 1 teams were competitive enough to move on had I elected to do so.

The Holiday Season finds me inordinately busy. In reviewing the themes, my feeling is there isn't enough time in my busy schedule to build teams I'll be happy using/following as the WISC continues.

Opening up another spot for a quality owner to participate at the next level is gratifying to me in its own way.

Thanks again for your outstanding efforts,

Tom
(redwingscup)
10/17/2019 11:23 AM
Surprised to get a sitemail that I’m back in. I’ll play
10/17/2019 12:32 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/17/2019 3:48:00 AM (view original):
My spot is available. good luck to everyone...

I love to grind out building teams using the draft center. I will do my best to leave no stone unturned...I think we have an example where some won't play here, so I told Mike as much...
DoctorKz
To:
ozomatli
Received:
10/17/2019 3:43:00 AM
Subject:
RE: $110m theme
I don't want to be sour grapes. You and Jeff put a ton of time into this. What will happen is that I can build good teams for the other themes. That $110M is why I usually don't play this tourney. While some wizard sitting behind a desk of monitors can be building and beta testing 50 chain teams with every player sorted by hat and jock size, I will struggle to build something other than a team that merely fits in the cap. It will be inefficient, win 75 games, and cause the time spent on the other themes to be a wasted effort. This isn't about $/IP or $/PA, this is finding or not finding the right mix, if you have time to search endlessly. I'm not gonna. I appreciate what you do here, never forget that...
EXACTLY!!! Thank you Doc!
10/17/2019 12:38 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/17/2019 10:16:00 AM (view original):
Doc - I completely respect you and your opinion. However, having played the WISC for many years, I can say confidently there have definitely been more time consuming themes. And there have always been themes where those who had more time to do research could potentially gain an edge. I'm quite surprised at the number of top owners complaining about themes this year. It's supposed to be a challenge.
I'll admit that I feel similarly to this. I've biased towards creating less research heavy themes in both Rounds last year and this year too, in general. While the 110M theme is a challenge and more time consuming than the others, I don't think the view that the themes (as a whole) will take more time than past years is valid.

Will take this all as feedback for future years without a doubt, but would encourage people to embrace a theme where you can't rely as much (if at all) on cookies.
10/17/2019 3:44 PM (edited)
Do we have a replacement theme at this time? I am still leaning toward playing in the 2nd round, but it could possibly make a difference. Thanks for all you do, Mike. Will make a final decision tonight.
10/17/2019 3:52 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Round 2 Participation Confirmation, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.