Round 2 Deadlines & League Numbers, 2019 Topic

Still 5 teams left to be entered. Will give it another couple hours
12/9/2019 2:43 AM
So I have 5 in and hoped to build the 6th last night, but didn't have time. Turns out it's the 110M league and, from what I gather, it is going to be tough to build quickly. I'm gonna try tonight...wish me luck.
12/9/2019 3:20 PM
That was the wrong theme to wait until the last minute to build.
12/9/2019 3:28 PM
Posted by dippedncrack on 12/9/2019 3:20:00 PM (view original):
So I have 5 in and hoped to build the 6th last night, but didn't have time. Turns out it's the 110M league and, from what I gather, it is going to be tough to build quickly. I'm gonna try tonight...wish me luck.
It took be about 5 sittings at about 3 hours each.
12/9/2019 3:30 PM
I should open up a black market for my unused roster.
12/9/2019 3:47 PM
Funny story.

Although I already submitted my team and am fairly content with it, I decided to try to build a new team yesterday. I thought of a brilliant strategy that I'm sure not many people would think of, that if I could get it to work, would be a favorite to make the playoffs. I spent all day on this team (while watching football of course). Late in the evening, I got it just right and went to submit it into the league.

Then I saw an error message...

"25 players are outside of the specified season range."

I built an awesome deadball team using a Federal League team as my base team and forgot about the 1920+ rule.
12/9/2019 5:04 PM
Posted by schwarze on 12/9/2019 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Funny story.

Although I already submitted my team and am fairly content with it, I decided to try to build a new team yesterday. I thought of a brilliant strategy that I'm sure not many people would think of, that if I could get it to work, would be a favorite to make the playoffs. I spent all day on this team (while watching football of course). Late in the evening, I got it just right and went to submit it into the league.

I built an awesome deadball team using a Federal League team as my base team and forgot about the 1920+ rule.
That is pretty funny. But there is nothing like a day spent assembling a team and getting it to work just right ...
12/9/2019 5:25 PM
Posted by schwarze on 12/9/2019 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Funny story.

That was actually my first strategy since those teams disbanded in 1914. It made a lot of sense, but I remembered the 1920 rule early into that process
12/9/2019 7:33 PM
Just woke up (it's 11:45am on Tuesday here) so penalty points are as follows. Tried to be as lenient as possible with the time but have to cut sometime:

dippedncrack: 1 point

The other roster we are missing in the 110M league is BigScungil who entered his team but is making a roster fix.

Will start checking rosters formally this afternoon.
12/9/2019 10:51 PM
Yeah I still haven’t had time to even begin...will try again tonight. If it’s really a several hour build, it could be a while. That’s not a reality afforded to me...
12/10/2019 5:59 AM
Posted by dippedncrack on 12/10/2019 5:59:00 AM (view original):
Yeah I still haven’t had time to even begin...will try again tonight. If it’s really a several hour build, it could be a while. That’s not a reality afforded to me...
Building a legal team shouldn't be that difficult. Building a team with the same attention to player value as you would normally put into it will take a while. I agree with schwarze, this was not the theme to ignore for 2 months.
12/10/2019 5:57 PM
I don't think it matters the order I built the teams. My time has been finite and I've spent what of it I could. Had I started with 110M, then maybe I would have that team done, but certainly not all 5 others. "Ignore" makes it sound like there was time I could have been building teams that I didn't use to build teams. I wish that were the case. I get that a lot, if not most, of the owners in this tourney spend countless hours on WIS on the regular. I get a few minutes per day at this point. If a team takes more than a half hour to build, that's a lot. Anyway, I got 15 players loaded tonight from 3 teammates. That took about 2 hours. I should be able to finish tomorrow.
12/10/2019 11:36 PM
Hey all — FYI that I came down with dengue fever here in Bali and have not made much progress in roster checking so far. If I’m not feeling better tomorrow I will look to delegate. Would anyone be willing to volunteer?
12/11/2019 8:22 AM
All the best to you, man. Hang in there. Dengue can be rough.
12/11/2019 8:31 AM
Posted by ozomatli on 12/11/2019 8:22:00 AM (view original):
Hey all — FYI that I came down with dengue fever here in Bali and have not made much progress in roster checking so far. If I’m not feeling better tomorrow I will look to delegate. Would anyone be willing to volunteer?
I can help. Hope you’re better soon.
12/11/2019 9:01 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Round 2 Deadlines & League Numbers, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.