Round 2 Deadlines & League Numbers, 2019 Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 11/13/2019 12:24:00 PM (view original):
Wait...no one is worried about me???
only for the first 100 games of the season.
11/13/2019 12:53 PM
110M league number added
11/17/2019 11:08 PM
I am going to extend the first deadline to Sunday just to make it easier due to Thanksgiving
11/26/2019 10:49 PM
Reminder that the first deadline is today
12/1/2019 4:05 AM
Looking good for this weekend's deadline. Please have all of your teams in by the end of the day on Sunday

I'll be checking rosters early next week and we'll hopefully get started the following weekend
12/5/2019 10:16 PM
Good news...all 6 teams are in

Bad news...The 6 teams that are in
12/6/2019 9:11 AM
For the 110M double twist, do you want us to send you our 5 connector players/teams to make things easier?
12/6/2019 9:41 AM
Posted by ozomatli on 12/5/2019 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Looking good for this weekend's deadline. Please have all of your teams in by the end of the day on Sunday

I'll be checking rosters early next week and we'll hopefully get started the following weekend
Whew...I thought we had to be in today. Still building the 110M team trying to find something better than what I have so far. It's a good thing I'm retired and my wife still works!
12/6/2019 11:35 AM
Posted by mensu1954 on 12/6/2019 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ozomatli on 12/5/2019 10:16:00 PM (view original):

Whew...I thought we had to be in today. Still building the 110M team trying to find something better than what I have so far. It's a good thing I'm retired and my wife still works!
Lucky you. I cant even come up with a legal team after working on it for about 15 hours total. Plus.... I have 2 projects due Monday, 1 due Tuesday and exams next week starting with 2 on Monday....Plus I work and have to monitor home fermentations....This theme sucks big time.
12/6/2019 11:43 AM
This is a tough build...I've put in several days trying to build a team. Good luck juggling all of your concerns.
12/6/2019 11:59 AM
I will be honest. I was really close to bowing out of round 2, due to the theme selections, specially this theme (in it's original format). I just didn't see where I'd find the time to do the necessary research. Once the changes were made, I decided to opt in, knowing that I would probably wait until the final week to work on the $110M theme.

As it turned out, I spent only about 3 hours building my $110M team. The key was to find a team that has a lot of free agents (which means a modern era team). The very first team I looked at had a number of players I could use and I probably got lucky that I could find five players who's rosters didn't intersect.

I have no clue if this team will be competitive, but it does have a lot of players I've used before and that I like. I didn't even bother looking for another team to try, as I was happy top be done with this. It wouldn't surprise me if others found this team as they are somewhat famous in other Twist leagues.
12/6/2019 12:37 PM
Same here...this theme almost kept me from playing, but decided to give it a go. If I was still teaching and coaching, there would have been no way to continue this round.
12/6/2019 1:31 PM
The variable cap turned out to be much easier for me than I thought it would be, and I actually ended up with extra time to try to finish a second 110M team and compare them. I didn't love my first one, but it had the advantage of being done and legal. As it turned out, I was able to go back to the first 110 team I'd tried and stopped when the rules questions started, and I liked it quite a lot more than the first one. So I swapped them out.

But I realize that I have no idea what to expect from anyone else's teams, as opposed to basically all the other themes. In theory, you could start with any team from any year and make something out of it. I used one team from the 40s and one from the 60s, and there's no way I would have arrived with the same 25-man roster if I'd picked any other team or year to start from. So this league could really be all over the map. With tons more time, I would have been curious to see what a few different era rosters could have produced for better comparison.
12/7/2019 12:35 AM
I do think it will be rare in future years for themes to be as challenging as the 110M theme, but at the same time it's good to test the best of the best sometimes
12/7/2019 6:03 AM
Finally got my last team in, just under the wire
12/8/2019 7:31 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Round 2 Deadlines & League Numbers, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.