God Bless President Trump!!! Topic

being President has cost him between $3-5 billion dollars!!!!!!!!

What a great self-sacrifice!

I believe him! Do you!
10/22/2019 3:36 AM
No.

He doesn't want ANYONE to know his real bottom line.
There IS a reason.

Folks will be surprised.
Con would be exposed.
10/22/2019 9:59 AM
He's probably referring to opportunity cost.

It might not be $3-5 billion but the number is probably large.
10/22/2019 3:26 PM
Here's what it's cost us, our Country.

This is from the largest newspaper in Arizona this AM.
A formerly Red state some are now calling "Purple" (I'll believe it when I see it).

OPINION by Paul Eckstein.

The din of drumbeats along the Potomac calling for impeachment is growing louder. The evidence of President Trump’s “high crimes and misdemeanors” is piling higher.
It is time for the U.S. House of Representatives to do its constitutional duty to draft and send articles of impeachment to the U.S. Senate and for the Senate to vote to remove President Trump from office.
To wait any longer puts the republic in grave danger.
Those who stay their hand justify their inaction on the grounds that overturning an election is at bottom a political act that should be used sparingly.
They are right.

Of course, impeachment is a political act. As Alexander Hamilton noted in Federalist No. 65, acts for which impeachment is proper are “offenses which proceed from misconduct of public men or in other words from the abuse of some public trust,” which “may be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.” [emphasis in the original]

Impeachment should be used sparingly. But it must be used when a president has in numerous ways violated his oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States” – and particularly where that president presents a danger that he will do so again and again.
As I learned when I served as co-prosecutor in the impeachment of Arizona Gov. Evan Mecham three decades ago, and as I remind my Constitutional Law students at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University each spring, the history of impeachments – both in Great Britain and in the United States – makes clear that the term “high crimes and misdemeanors” is both less and more than criminal conduct.
It is less because a crime need not have been committed by the impeached officer. It is more because to be impeachable, an act of omission must be an “abuse of some public trust.”

Impeachment is provided for in our Constitution to protect society from public officers who by past acts of abuse of power, obstruction of justice, corruption or neglect of duty that bring discredit on the office, violate the public trust and seriously impair the officeholder’s ability to carry out constitutional and statutory duties.

What is telling a foreign government that delivery of aid appropriated by Congress is conditioned on that government delivering dirt on a political opponent of the president, if not an abuse of power? What is getting witnesses to lie and fail to comply with valid subpoenas, if not obstruction of justice?
What is violation of the emoluments clause, if not corruption? And what is failure to take action against our adversaries who interfere in our elections, if not neglect of duty?

These acts and omissions violate the public trust and seriously impair the ability of the current occupant of the White House and those who will follow to carry out the president’s constitutional and statutory duties.

Failure of the House of Representatives to adopt articles of impeachment promptly will give license to all who follow President Trump to abuse power, obstruct justice, engage in corrupt actions and neglect their duty in ways we cannot imagine. Failure of the Senate to convict and remove President Trump from office will put the republic in danger every day that he remains in office.

Paul Eckstein served as co-prosecutor in the impeachment of Arizona Gov. Evan Mecham in 1988. Eckstein practices civil litigation in constitutional and political law, among other areas, at Perkins Coie in Phoenix.

10/22/2019 3:42 PM
A nice use of equivocation, bob.
10/22/2019 3:52 PM
One of he largest papers in the Country, based in the largest city in the Country, has been running opinion pieces like this almost daily for 3 years; what makes you think 1 piece from Arizona will suddenly make the difference?
10/22/2019 5:15 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/22/2019 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Here's what it's cost us, our Country.

This is from the largest newspaper in Arizona this AM.
A formerly Red state some are now calling "Purple" (I'll believe it when I see it).

OPINION by Paul Eckstein.

The din of drumbeats along the Potomac calling for impeachment is growing louder. The evidence of President Trump’s “high crimes and misdemeanors” is piling higher.
It is time for the U.S. House of Representatives to do its constitutional duty to draft and send articles of impeachment to the U.S. Senate and for the Senate to vote to remove President Trump from office.
To wait any longer puts the republic in grave danger.
Those who stay their hand justify their inaction on the grounds that overturning an election is at bottom a political act that should be used sparingly.
They are right.

Of course, impeachment is a political act. As Alexander Hamilton noted in Federalist No. 65, acts for which impeachment is proper are “offenses which proceed from misconduct of public men or in other words from the abuse of some public trust,” which “may be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.” [emphasis in the original]

Impeachment should be used sparingly. But it must be used when a president has in numerous ways violated his oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States” – and particularly where that president presents a danger that he will do so again and again.
As I learned when I served as co-prosecutor in the impeachment of Arizona Gov. Evan Mecham three decades ago, and as I remind my Constitutional Law students at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University each spring, the history of impeachments – both in Great Britain and in the United States – makes clear that the term “high crimes and misdemeanors” is both less and more than criminal conduct.
It is less because a crime need not have been committed by the impeached officer. It is more because to be impeachable, an act of omission must be an “abuse of some public trust.”

Impeachment is provided for in our Constitution to protect society from public officers who by past acts of abuse of power, obstruction of justice, corruption or neglect of duty that bring discredit on the office, violate the public trust and seriously impair the officeholder’s ability to carry out constitutional and statutory duties.

What is telling a foreign government that delivery of aid appropriated by Congress is conditioned on that government delivering dirt on a political opponent of the president, if not an abuse of power? What is getting witnesses to lie and fail to comply with valid subpoenas, if not obstruction of justice?
What is violation of the emoluments clause, if not corruption? And what is failure to take action against our adversaries who interfere in our elections, if not neglect of duty?

These acts and omissions violate the public trust and seriously impair the ability of the current occupant of the White House and those who will follow to carry out the president’s constitutional and statutory duties.

Failure of the House of Representatives to adopt articles of impeachment promptly will give license to all who follow President Trump to abuse power, obstruct justice, engage in corrupt actions and neglect their duty in ways we cannot imagine. Failure of the Senate to convict and remove President Trump from office will put the republic in danger every day that he remains in office.

Paul Eckstein served as co-prosecutor in the impeachment of Arizona Gov. Evan Mecham in 1988. Eckstein practices civil litigation in constitutional and political law, among other areas, at Perkins Coie in Phoenix.

YOU ARE A RUSSIAN AGENT!
10/22/2019 5:37 PM
I ain't biting til I figure out what equivocation means.

All I did was cut/paste. I ain't equivocating nuttin'
Oh, all3. I ain't claiming an opinion piece in a major city newspaper (even if it does lean right) means anything at all.

Except, it's kinda looking like here in AZ we're gonna end up with 2 Dem. Senators after the next election.
I haven't bothered to look up when the last time THAT occurred.
It's been awhile.
Wyatt Earp was probably still alive.

Backlash to the Trump reign?
King Don not going down so good in the desert heat?
Who knows?

Ain't long to wait no matter what.
But it would be an interesting election if it was (say) Pence vs. Sanders.
The devil you know vs. the devil you (have to) pay?
10/22/2019 7:04 PM
Wyatt Earp is dead?????
10/22/2019 7:13 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/22/2019 7:04:00 PM (view original):
I ain't biting til I figure out what equivocation means.

All I did was cut/paste. I ain't equivocating nuttin'
Oh, all3. I ain't claiming an opinion piece in a major city newspaper (even if it does lean right) means anything at all.

Except, it's kinda looking like here in AZ we're gonna end up with 2 Dem. Senators after the next election.
I haven't bothered to look up when the last time THAT occurred.
It's been awhile.
Wyatt Earp was probably still alive.

Backlash to the Trump reign?
King Don not going down so good in the desert heat?
Who knows?

Ain't long to wait no matter what.
But it would be an interesting election if it was (say) Pence vs. Sanders.
The devil you know vs. the devil you (have to) pay?
lol, nothing too bad...essentially, using an alternative meaning of the same word or expression to rebuke an opponent's comment.

Trump uses the intransitive form of cost - (from Webster's) "to require effort, suffering, or loss."

You come back with the transitive form (also from Webster's) "to cause to pay, suffer, or lose something."

I thought it was clever.
10/22/2019 7:33 PM
How does Webster define LYNCHING?
10/22/2019 7:34 PM
I wonder who was lynched in America.

Women? Italians? Irish? Native Americans?
10/22/2019 7:55 PM
When did most of these lynchings take place?

Who did them? What party? Against who? Why?
10/22/2019 7:58 PM
I’ll answer in CLUE form...
10/22/2019 8:31 PM (edited)
Posted by DougOut on 10/22/2019 7:58:00 PM (view original):
When did most of these lynchings take place?

Who did them? What party? Against who? Why?
Professor dummy...

With the big, black dildo...

In the study...

And in the butt.
10/22/2019 8:31 PM
12 Next ▸
God Bless President Trump!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.