A recruiting anamoly... Topic

I'm in year 4 of managing Trinity in one of the leagues. 3 time conference champion. 3 time playoff participant.

11, 14, 12 are my win totals for the last 3 years.

I have 8 schollies open for season #4. I sent an assistant coach to scout 22 undecided players. All 22 players stayed undecided.

Is that normal?
11/6/2019 12:29 PM
Gotta ask....do they show up in your CURRENT recruit search for DIII? If they don't then you're recruiting above your level. If they do show up then they simply need more "effort" before considering you. It happens.
11/6/2019 1:49 PM
Yes - I just double checked and the settings were certainly on D3 for the search.

After the second cycle, with just one HC visit, I got 4 of them to go green. But I am still highly concerned about going 0-22 on the AC scouting. I've got 4 teams currently and I almost always count on getting 20-30% of my AC scout visits to get a green recruit.

This is so odd.
11/6/2019 3:58 PM
An assistant coach scouting trip by itself rarely will flip a player yellow or green.
11/6/2019 5:31 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 11/6/2019 5:31:00 PM (view original):
An assistant coach scouting trip by itself rarely will flip a player yellow or green.
I’ve gone through about 10-12 recruiting cycles since August and this is not my experience. I typically get 30% of my recruits by just the AC scout. Going 0-22 was a huge anomaly in my short experience here.
11/6/2019 6:02 PM
I don't know what division you are playing, or how many human players are there, but I'm suspecting it is a very low division, and there are very few human players. As you climb in divisions, and compete against humans, you'll discover that what you are experiencing now is very rare.
11/6/2019 6:52 PM
This occurred in D3. I currently have 2 teams in D3 and 2 in D2. Looking to get one into I-AA next season.
11/6/2019 10:03 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 11/6/2019 6:52:00 PM (view original):
I don't know what division you are playing, or how many human players are there, but I'm suspecting it is a very low division, and there are very few human players. As you climb in divisions, and compete against humans, you'll discover that what you are experiencing now is very rare.
This is correct, with only 21 humans in this division in this world (Hayes) that is where your problem will be.
11/7/2019 5:32 AM

This is correct, with only 21 humans in this division in this world (Hayes) that is where your problem will be.
11/7/2019 5:32 AM

Bur he did say these are undecided and not unsigned?
11/7/2019 10:55 AM
Yes, they are undecided. They don’t have any schools listed as interested.

11/7/2019 5:29 PM
30% sounds close to a general average conversion rate from sending an AC scout to an undecided recruit. My experience might be a bit lower then that. But keep in mind that is a general average and it will vary from year to year, and some years you end up with what just happened to you. I have seen it happen many times in my numerous years so I would not call it an anomaly. Rare, yes it is, but you will see it happen again as you keep playing.
11/7/2019 5:41 PM
A recruiting anamoly... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.