The Curious Case of Patrick Gallagher Topic

I recruited this guy two seasons ago; #12 DB, high potential, 72 WE. Not surprisingly, I redshirted him. What was crazy was what happened to him during his RS SO season. I put him as 3rd CB in Nickle and primary backup at safety, so he got 17 of 18 starts. His WE went up 18 points. I've had true STLs that didn't grow their WE that much. Has anyone else seen growth like this before? I really wish I'd saved the scouting reports from his recruiting; maybe there was something there that hinted at this.
11/11/2019 12:28 PM
In my first season with one team, I promised rookie starts to most guys cause, well why not? I wasn't going to do well anyway and it helped land better recruits.
One of those recruits had I believe 68 WE. I started him as promised and by his junior year his WE was 95. He ended up winning awards as a damn fine WR!
11/11/2019 9:09 PM
I had a DL on a team I took over that had been coached by SimAI for about 40 seasons. I thought this guy (whose potential was average) would make a good LB so I changed his position going into his junior year. By the end of his senior year, his WE was 100.

I guess he liked playing LB.
11/12/2019 8:32 AM
WE doesn't grow due to potential. It grows due to playing time and starts....primarily playing time. And the higher the WE is, the more it will grow. What I mean is if he had a 25 WE and got the same playing time and starts, his WE would not have grown by 18 points. Hope that makes sense.
11/14/2019 1:11 PM
The Curious Case of Patrick Gallagher Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.