Inflation Draft - No Salary Cap (But....) Need 23 Topic

I am curious if this idea will take off -

24 team league
25 round forum draft

All players taken are mutually exclusive

Only rule is:

The player you pick in one round must be the least expensive you wind up rostering.
The player you pick in the second round must be second least expensive.
And so on and so on until the last player you pick must be your most expensive.

No need to identify what season you will be using for any of the players until you submit your team into the league.

For instance, if you take Babe Ruth in the first round you could use his 1935 season ($ 465,389). Gives you a lot of options going forward and takes Ruth off the board.

Or maybe you can initially plan to try the 1928 season ($10,028,189) and hope you can find 24 more different players with higher salaries (probably not possible). You can always dial back the Ruth you actually use but a change later in the draft will certainly cause a chain reaction with other players you have subsequently chosen to assemble to appropriate finished product.

Could be fun. Would definitely be different.

No salary cap
1 round per day (30 minute time slots)
No DH
No WW
No AAA
No Trades
No Clones
Can use any type of season (partial, full or combined)
Injuries Off
Any ballpark
11/15/2019 3:32 AM (edited)
Owners interested:

calhoop
11/15/2019 3:14 AM (edited)
save
11/15/2019 3:07 AM
save
save
The Whatifsports championship attempted (before it was scrapped) to run a draft like this one.

If this does somehow run, you need to make sure you disallow any trades of draft position. Otherwise, it will be impossible for anyone to actually plan out their draft, because all the planning can be wiped out by a bunch of owners trading in front of him or her. This oversight in the WISC caused multiple owners not to be able to field a legal roster, because everyone started rushing to trade up or down in order to get the player(s) they needed (this happens because there are only so many high priced players, and people inevitably jump up in order to acquire that semi pricey player they like).

I'm too busy to sign up, but I thought I'd share what happened to the last attempt to run a draft like this one.

11/15/2019 4:34 AM
Posted by justinlee_24 on 11/15/2019 4:34:00 AM (view original):
The Whatifsports championship attempted (before it was scrapped) to run a draft like this one.

If this does somehow run, you need to make sure you disallow any trades of draft position. Otherwise, it will be impossible for anyone to actually plan out their draft, because all the planning can be wiped out by a bunch of owners trading in front of him or her. This oversight in the WISC caused multiple owners not to be able to field a legal roster, because everyone started rushing to trade up or down in order to get the player(s) they needed (this happens because there are only so many high priced players, and people inevitably jump up in order to acquire that semi pricey player they like).

I'm too busy to sign up, but I thought I'd share what happened to the last attempt to run a draft like this one.

Thank you for this insight. I guess it isn't such an original idea after all. The funny thing for me is that I finished 28th in Round 1 this year. My superstition is to not read the Round 2 themes until I am either guaranteed to either make or miss Round 2. This year I still have not read them and look what happens.

If this league does take off, I will incorporate this suggestion into the rules.
11/15/2019 10:59 AM
Inflation Draft - No Salary Cap (But....) Need 23 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.