Does it matter if your best guys are at offensive tackle? In real life I would put your elite OL on the ends to protect against the pass rush. Does it matter in this game?
11/15/2019 9:27 AM
The general consensus is no. Most people agree that the AI just looks at the overall average of all 5 OL.
11/15/2019 10:31 AM

Does it matter if your best guys are at offensive tackle? In real life I would put your elite OL on the ends to protect against the pass rush. Does it matter in this game?

Yes, it matters greatly actually. An outside running play is calculated differently than an inside running play. The Offense and Defensive players involved in the calculation are different. Please take a look at Dev Chats for the exact players involved.

Much of it is common sense. For example, if you are running inside...you want your best run blocking OL at the G, C and G locations.

Here is the rub. Since players substitute in the game based on stamina, many times it is hard to control the location of your OL. As a result, most coaches take a look at the whole OL since they find it difficult to manage substitutions. It takes a well prepared gameplan to insure that your best 3 OL are G, C, G on a random inside running play in the middle of the fourth quarter.

Hope this make sense.

nitros (James)

11/15/2019 2:56 PM
Posted by nitros on 11/15/2019 2:56:00 PM (view original):

Yes, it matters greatly actually. An outside running play is calculated differently than an inside running play. The Offense and Defensive players involved in the calculation are different. Please take a look at Dev Chats for the exact players involved.

Much of it is common sense. For example, if you are running inside...you want your best run blocking OL at the G, C and G locations.

Here is the rub. Since players substitute in the game based on stamina, many times it is hard to control the location of your OL. As a result, most coaches take a look at the whole OL since they find it difficult to manage substitutions. It takes a well prepared gameplan to insure that your best 3 OL are G, C, G on a random inside running play in the middle of the fourth quarter.

Hope this make sense.

nitros (James)

+1 I run mostly to the outside so I keep my better OLs on the outside and my weaker ones in the middle. On occasion when I use the inside run I put the best inside.
11/15/2019 7:11 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.