Aside from just elites, I feel that while the 4 season bit may be realistic, coaches should have the ability to b looked at based on moving a program in the right direction. I won't go back to 1A until that gets fixed. Since BC and Rutgers r usually stout they should get moved up to elite status.

Since this game is ficticous anyways, why not give teams the ability to move a division. Wen duece had Va St ruling D2 Stagg that team should have moved up to a geographical conf in 1A and the worst team in his new conf should have moved down to the CIAA.
11/19/2019 12:57 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 11/19/2019 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Aside from just elites, I feel that while the 4 season bit may be realistic, coaches should have the ability to b looked at based on moving a program in the right direction. I won't go back to 1A until that gets fixed. Since BC and Rutgers r usually stout they should get moved up to elite status.

Since this game is ficticous anyways, why not give teams the ability to move a division. Wen duece had Va St ruling D2 Stagg that team should have moved up to a geographical conf in 1A and the worst team in his new conf should have moved down to the CIAA.
Good in theory but this is a programing nightmare.
11/19/2019 1:57 PM
Seems that now there is no real downside to being elite. I would recommend that to keep the elite team, two of the following must be accomplished each season or they have a status decrease: 1) conference championship, 2) level 5 bowl game or level 4 bowl win 3) top 15 ranking.
By making the expectations of the elite teams more challenging and not using the past history of the team, that should shorten the length of time coaches get to stay at an elite UNLESS they maintain their expectations.
11/19/2019 2:32 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 11/19/2019 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Seems that now there is no real downside to being elite. I would recommend that to keep the elite team, two of the following must be accomplished each season or they have a status decrease: 1) conference championship, 2) level 5 bowl game or level 4 bowl win 3) top 15 ranking.
By making the expectations of the elite teams more challenging and not using the past history of the team, that should shorten the length of time coaches get to stay at an elite UNLESS they maintain their expectations.
Seems realistic and programmatically feasible.
12/22/2019 12:27 AM
Elites are fine, because that's how it is in real life. Just maybe not to the extreme they are on here. There are elite job opportunities most off-seasons, it has been my choice not to apply. You can have great success as a non-elite. Heck, if I can win a title anyone can. I actually think the way to fix the game would be to make the recruiting pool larger. In Dobie last season there were 23 5 star and 58 4 star (could be off a couple but not much) recruits. On ESPN recruiting for 2020 there are 17 5 stars, so not bad there, but hundreds of 4 stars. I think we need a deeper 4 star caliber recruiting pool. Elites couldn't get them all.
12/22/2019 8:11 AM
Posted by gators06 on 11/15/2019 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Indpnt1 on 11/15/2019 7:15:00 PM (view original):
Clearly elites have a large advantage in recruiting. And clearly most coaches deal with that advantage by avoiding recruiting head to head against elites. Which magnifies the original advantage. Let's face it, there are teams that pretty much get about any recruit they want, unchallenged.

And although the focus of this post was intended to be whether coaches could squat forever on an elite school, depriving others the chance to coach a team with those advantages, I would agree that changing the system to be more fluid in who is elite would be preferable to me.
Elites should have an advantage in recruiting. So, what is the point or your argument? USC or Arizona, hmmm? That is easy to decide.

I personally believe that coaches at elite D1 schools should be required to perform or be ousted. For example you shouldn't be able to coach an elite D1 school if you haven't won a conference championship in 10 seasons, etc.
Agree - pretty easy fix. Minimum to keep job security should be a Level 4 bowl WIN or a CC win. Winning the Independence Bowl or Sun Bowl against a SIM or mid-level human program should not allow you to keep your job. Doing it over and over should be a quick departure. Essentially, an Elite gets beat in their conference by the other Elites and non-Elites, gets ranked about #25, plays a 10-3 Navy or whatever, and wins based on talent alone.

See below example. This coach is laughably Very Secure.

https://imgur.com/2pLOZIC
12/22/2019 6:54 PM
I agree that there should be elites, to mirror real life. But I think all agree that keeping an elite job should require elite performance.
12/22/2019 9:46 PM
Keeping elite is way too easy and I think discourages some users from continuing on with this game. Definitely must finish top 20 or lose status and only gain status with level 5 game or top 10 finish.
12/23/2019 2:00 AM (edited)
I think they should just get rid of vision or any recruiting advantage. Let the player go to the highest bidder.
What is the incentive for a new player to stay around for four or five seasons? Donate his money to players who have been here for 30 or 40 seasons? If you want new players to stay then give them a chance to turn around a program in 3 or 4 seasons.
12/23/2019 1:36 PM
I don't mind the tiers of prestige in the game. But they are not fluid, which in real life they are.

And I think being the home state team to a recruit should get you something. A kid who grows up in the shadow of a school, should give that school at least some advantage. I'm not saying a home state school should have a huge advantage, just a little advantage. Kind of a kid has a default school in mind, unless better offers come in.

Of course we could discuss improvements that are reasonable all day long, the powers that be don't seem interested in making any tweaks at the moment.
12/23/2019 3:44 PM
Think it would be interesting to see coaching skills added the game. Defensive or offensive genius, master teacher, stellar recruiter, motivation, etc skills would transfer with coach and modify by go up levels, etc
12/23/2019 4:57 PM
I'd like to see SIMs at each school have a preferred offensive & defensive formation. Would make SIMs more challenging, and would give some more variables when considering taking over a new school. Similar to basketball dynasty.
12/23/2019 5:10 PM
Just witnessed Ohio State turn 7 quarterbacks yellow after the first recruiting cycle including one in Hawaii
12/23/2019 5:51 PM
Posted by ddollison on 12/23/2019 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Just witnessed Ohio State turn 7 quarterbacks yellow after the first recruiting cycle including one in Hawaii
I bet I know who it is, and I have no idea how he does it. It's easy (and cheap) to turn undecided yellow and green. When it's 3 sims on a player, that is expensive. At least for me. Hawaii? That costs 2.4k per CV.

It's a mystery.
12/23/2019 6:23 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 12/23/2019 6:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ddollison on 12/23/2019 5:51:00 PM (view original):
I bet I know who it is, and I have no idea how he does it. It's easy (and cheap) to turn undecided yellow and green. When it's 3 sims on a player, that is expensive. At least for me. Hawaii? That costs 2.4k per CV.

It's a mystery.
It is beach house secret identity at a large scouting farm at Ohio State University in front of target.
12/23/2019 8:01 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.