Posted by ddollison on 12/23/2019 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Just witnessed Ohio State turn 7 quarterbacks yellow after the first recruiting cycle including one in Hawaii
For a true elite - like anOSU is right now - this makes sense. Every recruit in the country should be yellow to Ohio State to start the recruiting season. The problem is envisioning this happening in 2019 with Nebraska.
12/23/2019 8:25 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 12/23/2019 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ddollison on 12/23/2019 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Just witnessed Ohio State turn 7 quarterbacks yellow after the first recruiting cycle including one in Hawaii
For a true elite - like anOSU is right now - this makes sense. Every recruit in the country should be yellow to Ohio State to start the recruiting season. The problem is envisioning this happening in 2019 with Nebraska.
How does it makes sense?
12/23/2019 8:32 PM
You wouldn’t entertain playing for Ohio State? Every recruit in the country would at least ‘consider’ them. Same with Alabama, LSU, and Clemson I imagine.
But 5 or 10 years from now? Maybe not. Maybe by then Washington, Auburn and Rutgers (lol) ascend to that level. Problem is that the elites never change and are fixed in 2004.
12/23/2019 9:08 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 12/23/2019 9:08:00 PM (view original):
You wouldn’t entertain playing for Ohio State? Every recruit in the country would at least ‘consider’ them. Same with Alabama, LSU, and Clemson I imagine.
But 5 or 10 years from now? Maybe not. Maybe by then Washington, Auburn and Rutgers (lol) ascend to that level. Problem is that the elites never change and are fixed in 2004.
I don't like the area and it should be elected to the very sum its near Indiana where apparently Goat milked my Cousin and caused him to have alcohol problems while he was playing high school soccer and heard the oldest has cancer and in the hospital every other month. Bobby Knight probably should of ditched the school and went to Florida what a massive mischief their. Michigan also got their hiney's wooped by everybody within 30 years span. I figure that this is how to create a fantasy seasons gloroe.
12/23/2019 9:12 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 12/23/2019 9:08:00 PM (view original):
Nope. Can't stand OSU (and no, not a Michigan fan). And no, every recruit in the country does not consider every elite school.
12/23/2019 9:48 PM
Sure thing. Like you wouldn’t return that phone call because you’re holding out for Ball State.
12/23/2019 9:51 PM
On this game, considering means top 5 maximum school. Ridiculous to think every recruit in the country has Ohio St, or any one school, in their top 5. And I guarantee you that a good QB prospect is not considering OSU when they know they have 6 other QBs on their radar that they'd take before them.

Off topic, but just imagine the havoc in this game if we had a transfer portal.
12/23/2019 9:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I’m not saying it should be a GD thing, but rather that in reality if you play HS football and OSU/BAMA/CLEM come calling, you’re listening. I don”t care about their roster depth, you’ll be ‘Considering’ them.
So if an elite does turn someone yellow it shouldn’t be a surprise.
12/23/2019 10:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Indpnt1 on 11/15/2019 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Okay, I know Sebel doesn't monitor this board, and isn't really taking suggestions, but...

Elites. We all love talking about them. We all agree that they have a major advantage. Not everyone agrees whether they should, or what that advantage should be. But what about squatters? They take elite teams, and are there for twenty, thirty, fifty, seventy seasons! Should this be limited? You get fifteen years, twenty years, whatever, at an elite, and then you have to step down for five or ten years.

And then you have a coach who goes from one elite, to another elite. He doesn't like LSU, so when Penn State opens, he goes from LSU to Penn State. And of course his time at LSU has given him a great record, and he has an advantage in taking the Penn State job. So, very good coaches chances are extremely limited to take over an elite team.

Should this be tweaked?
A guy pays for the seasons, he can coach where he's qualified to. Plenty of "elite" programs available in D2 in most worlds if you are interested in one.
12/24/2019 7:12 AM
Elites should change every 5 seasons. A scheduled update to the system. It could be based on RPI and bowl wins. They should also add the playoff system. I see years where a few teams finish undefeated. This could put some of those schools in elite status and bump some that have no business being there.
12/24/2019 10:02 AM
Elites should also have other elites automatically added to their non-conference schedules. Not all five non-conference games, but one or two for sure.
12/24/2019 12:01 PM
In my opinion, elite teams should not be a static condition but should instead be a created position that a long-time coach builds when he reaches and maintains dynasty status. Take for instance Clemson in real life, it was nothing until a good coach took over the helm and built it into a dynasty, now they have attained the elite recruiting level where every good football player in the area dreams of playing at that school.

If you want to change the structure of non-conference scheduling then we need to make the budgeting more realistic, big games with TV coverage make more money than easy games against cream puffs, so the amount of money for recruiting that you receive should not only be based on the end result of your season but also on ticket sales and media contracts for the season. That way teams would want to balance not only their strength of schedule but also gate and advertising revenue.

I think that it would be ridiculous to limit a coach's time at a school, who would want to build a team into a dynasty and then have to hand it over to someone else who didn't do the work or pay out the money in seasons to build the team? It usually takes me at least 8 seasons of pain in order to build a team from scratch into a consistent championship contender, and then I'm going to turn it over to someone else without enjoying the fruits of my labor for as long as it remains fun for me?

I agree that the playing field should start out even for every team, but those teams who have earned the right to be called "elite" should always reap the rewards of such status just like it is in real life. The fact that in real life certain schools have received a somewhat permanent fan base and status should not be carried over in Gridiron Dynasty automatically, would any of you consider Miami or FSU an elite dynasty school today? It was only a few years ago that the Alabama program was in shambles. The tide rises and falls in football the same as everywhere else.
12/24/2019 4:34 PM
word

except for the third thing

old farts gotta die
12/24/2019 4:36 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.