I think one important thing is missing from this.
This isn't college football. It is a sim game.
You are not getting paid to do this...you are a paying customer.

Go back to a basic business question.

Why should a new customer buy my product?

Apparently people think that he should spend $11 a month to have a second rate team while "elite" schools get to cherry pick the best players and get the reward points at the end of the season.

Why should a new customer stay on this site month after month?

There is no reason for any new customers to stick around for 5 or 6 months and just donate to the few squatters in each division.
12/24/2019 5:26 PM
I understand your frustration. But I stay around for the challenge. Sometimes i am the squatter you refer to . Most times I am grabbing a new team to build it up to challenge the squatter or to hand it off to someone who will stay longer.
This game is what it is. Like real life it is not all fair. But if you like it you stay. If you don't , well no is putting a gun to anyone's head to make them play.
12/24/2019 6:06 PM
Posted by mojolad on 12/24/2019 6:06:00 PM (view original):
I understand your frustration. But I stay around for the challenge. Sometimes i am the squatter you refer to . Most times I am grabbing a new team to build it up to challenge the squatter or to hand it off to someone who will stay longer.
This game is what it is. Like real life it is not all fair. But if you like it you stay. If you don't , well no is putting a gun to anyone's head to make them play.
Well. Since about 90% of the players have left. You don't have to put a gun to their head.

Why should a new customer stay?
If you want this game to survive then you have to be able to answer that question.
12/24/2019 6:35 PM
You want me to answer why "you" should stay. I stay because I like it. The next fellow will stay or not for his or her own reasons. Everyone must decide for themselves about GD or any thing else. There is no universal answer.
12/24/2019 7:43 PM
Posted by wdfox on 12/24/2019 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 12/24/2019 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Well. Since about 90% of the players have left. You don't have to put a gun to their head.

Why should a new customer stay?
If you want this game to survive then you have to be able to answer that question.
Completely agree.

Do away with vision at the 3 lower levels.
Get rid of elites

Amplify the prestige a team gets when they are successful. A team with high prestige should have a recruiting advantage over a low prestige team. Let the coaches decide which teams are elite or not.
12/24/2019 7:45 PM
I think there should be something for taking over teams that will prove a challenge. For example if you take over a team that has been sim for past 4+ seasons you should get a free season or maybe 2. Another approach is take over the team and based on your tenure you get percent off additional seasons or comp seasons after a time. Maybe we can see Eastern Michigan or UNLV being run by a human if after every 3-4 seasons they got a free season and maybe after 10-12 seasons your renewal was half or more as long as you remained at that school. Taking over an elite gets you no discounts and you should pay full price.I think that would keep some people interested, having to pay less for non-elite teams.
12/25/2019 3:04 PM
Posted by golfpro71 on 12/25/2019 3:04:00 PM (view original):
I think there should be something for taking over teams that will prove a challenge. For example if you take over a team that has been sim for past 4+ seasons you should get a free season or maybe 2. Another approach is take over the team and based on your tenure you get percent off additional seasons or comp seasons after a time. Maybe we can see Eastern Michigan or UNLV being run by a human if after every 3-4 seasons they got a free season and maybe after 10-12 seasons your renewal was half or more as long as you remained at that school. Taking over an elite gets you no discounts and you should pay full price.I think that would keep some people interested, having to pay less for non-elite teams.
They don’t do that in Golf their is even a Ci?
12/25/2019 3:08 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/24/2019 4:37:00 PM (view original):
word

except for the third thing

old farts gotta die
Some day my friend, just have patience!
12/25/2019 8:34 PM
Posted by golfpro71 on 12/25/2019 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Good idea. It would be a good thing to have incentives for taking on a non BCS school and non elite schools. A possible solution would be to award credit points like the following:
elite = 0
BCS= 1-2 depends on program success and longevity
non BCS= 3-5 depends on program success and longevity

once you get so many credits built up then a free team awarded
If not that then make reward points count 2-3x for non-elites and 3-5x for non BCS teams.
something has to be done but don’t hold yer breath
12/25/2019 9:36 PM
Posted by pete_61 on 12/25/2019 8:34:00 PM (view original):
word

old farts gotta die
markets up 20% this year, guess what i'm up

5%

its a big dent in the program but it ain got nothin to do w/ u

so hows your bits and coins and such done this year
12/27/2019 6:24 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/27/2019 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pete_61 on 12/25/2019 8:34:00 PM (view original):
word

old farts gotta die
markets up 20% this year, guess what i'm up

5%

its a big dent in the program but it ain got nothin to do w/ u

so hows your bits and coins and such done this year
All I have is some beans this guy gave me in exchange for the family milk cow, he said they were magic beans but my wife doesn't believe it.

Actually I invested $20/month into Bitcoin for 21 months back during 2015-17 up until the last Bull market happened, then I sold the Bitcoin and deposited the $420 I invested back in the bank and bought some of the other cryptocurrencies with the remaining $1780 because I couldn't possibly imagine Bitcoin being worth much more than $2,200. Now Bitcoin is once again in a bull market and is worth $7,326, but the cryptos that I purchased are still currently in a bear market and only worth $1,670 so I'm down $110 off my profits and if I had left the money in Bitcoin I might have been better off, I guess we'll find out soon when, or if the cryptocurrencies that I now own go into a bull market.

But over the past few years, I have not been idle. I have been working hard writing and socializing to earn cryptocurrencies and I signed up to receive others for free in something they call airdrops. So now I have a lot of other cryptos that may or may not be worth something one day, they didn't cost me anything but time and I have plenty of that these days.

In the past eleven years, there are only a handful of weeks that a person could have invested in Bitcoin and be looking at a loss right now. But that would only be a loss if they sold and got out of Bitcoin for good because everyone who really understands what is happening knows that it will soon become impossible for the average person to own a whole Bitcoin, that will be reserved for wealthy people and those who bought Bitcoin early, and it is still very early. I'm obviously not a financial expert and I'm certainly not qualified to give advice, but if I could afford it I would buy a Bitcoin right now so that in five years I could be one of the few working-class people who saw the opportunity and took it. There are less than 21 million Bitcoins in the world, and I believe that one day soon every millionaire will want to be able to say that they have at least one in their portfolio, but there are just not enough of them to go around!
12/28/2019 1:12 AM
so i'm really curious if this islam bomb gets bigger what the BTC does

my guess is gold kills it but you will have your say
1/4/2020 12:22 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/4/2020 12:23:00 AM (view original):

You got it but we still enter WWIII prepare to be a joe
1/4/2020 1:07 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/4/2020 12:23:00 AM (view original):

Gold is harder to secure and you would find it hard to cross borders and lawless territory with it if you were to be displaced. Also gold becomes radioactive when nuked! It is also very difficult to divide gold, the higher its relative value to normal goods and services the harder it is to divide. I would say that there is a very good chance that Gold will be used as currency after the current financial system collapses, but only because they will digitize it and Government-issued cryptocurrencies will be backed by gold. You can already buy digitized gold in the current system using ETF's but you can not redeem the physical gold with them. You could purchase a gold-backed private sector cryptocurrency right now that could be reduced to 18 decimal points so that you could purchase a pack of gum with it, these cryptocurrencies are redeemable for physical gold, but of course, you would have to have a minimum amount to do so because of the reduction problem of the physical.
1/4/2020 2:21 PM
◂ Prev 1234

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.