2020 Hall of Fame: Post your ballot Topic

Posted by dino27 on 1/2/2020 12:34:00 PM (view original):
28.2 % of vote in and according to top trackers only jeter will get in.
they say that bobby abreu will sneak into 2nd year eligibility.
remember that guy in the movie - big - i dont get it.
bobby abreu was not less then an average fielding outfieder and everything else is tremendous for a long time.
So you think Abreu is a HOFer, or should at least get enough support to appear on another ballot?

Lofton, Edmonds, and Bernie Williams were all 1-and-done so don't be shocked if Abreu falls off.
1/3/2020 2:33 AM
Really sporadic ballots today.

One guy submitted a 4 player ballot, added Schilling but didn't vote for Walker.

Another guy submitted a 9 player ballot that didn't include Bonds or Clemens, added 6 players from last year, and voted for Konerko (one of my all-time favorite players, but not HOF caliber).

Christina Kahrl dropped Clemens but added Pettitte (WTF???), and left out Schilling even though her ballot was maxed at 10 players.

The final new ballot only had 5 players and he selected Sheffield over Walker.

1/3/2020 11:19 AM (edited)
Posted by Got_Worms on 1/3/2020 2:33:00 AM (view original):
bobby abreu was not less then an average fielding outfieder and everything else is tremendous for a long time.
So you think Abreu is a HOFer, or should at least get enough support to appear on another ballot?

Lofton, Edmonds, and Bernie Williams were all 1-and-done so don't be shocked if Abreu falls off.
definitely enough supoort to get on another ballot.
1/3/2020 10:32 PM
jimmy rollins in 2022.....clean guy.....i think he will get strong consideration....a lot of votes.
1/3/2020 10:44 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 1/2/2020 6:51:00 PM (view original):
if Harold Baines is in the Hall, being in the hall doesn't really mean anything anyhow. **** it, just put everyone in.
heh

baines is the answer to my jeter
1/3/2020 11:41 PM
Pretty shocking that Sheffield has received the second most votes, behind Rolen, from returning voters. I expected Rolen, Kent, Helton, and Wagner to get a huge boost this year but Sheffield? Did they not read the Mitchell Report?!
1/4/2020 3:47 PM
They were so hesitant to vote in Edgar Martinez, but Sheffield being even worse on defense is okay.
1/4/2020 3:54 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 1/3/2020 11:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 1/2/2020 6:51:00 PM (view original):
if Harold Baines is in the Hall, being in the hall doesn't really mean anything anyhow. **** it, just put everyone in.
heh

baines is the answer to my jeter
Baines does not even compare to Jeter. That is just your Yankee hate speaking. Nowhere near as good offensively, and at least Jeter played a position. Baines did not (or rarely did). I have no issues with a DH making it into the Hall, but your offensive numbers better be fantastic, since you have nothig else to offer. Baines was good...he was nowhere near fantastic.
1/4/2020 3:57 PM
A lot of people saying they’d vote for Billy Wagner if there was no 10-player limit. But like, who tf are they voting for over Billy the Kid?
1/4/2020 3:57 PM
they are saving him for next year or 22.
1/4/2020 3:59 PM
40.7 % of the vote reported

73.7 - bonds
72.5 - rogers clemen
1/17/2020 12:48 PM
Hiya Dino! Anybody know how close Bonds has been in the past?

Good thing Alex Cora wasn't a better ballplayer, eh?
Time to remove Maris's asterisk?
1/17/2020 2:01 PM
bonds is exactly 2 votes better at this time then he was at 40.7 % of the votes last season
meaning that by extrapolation he will be in the 65% range again this season.
1/17/2020 3:36 PM
My ballot...(s)

IN THE “REAL” WORLD...

JETER, CLEMENS, BONDS, SCHILLING, a protest write-in of LOU WHITAKER, a protest write-in of PETE ROSE and a single sentimental vote for JJ PUTZ because he’s a local kid I saw pitch in high school.

IN “BAINES IS HOF-WORTHY” WORLD...

JETER, CLEMENS, BONDS, SCHILLING, ABREU, HELTON, MANRAM, ROLEN, SOSA and WALKER.
1/18/2020 9:02 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 1/4/2020 3:57:00 PM (view original):
A lot of people saying they’d vote for Billy Wagner if there was no 10-player limit. But like, who tf are they voting for over Billy the Kid?
Gary Sheffield had some of the biggest gains this year. I'm still confounded by the support for Vizquel.
1/18/2020 10:47 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...15 Next ▸
2020 Hall of Fame: Post your ballot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.