2020 Hall of Fame: Post your ballot Topic

51 % of the vote is in.
MLK day has not been good for barroger.
71.9 and 71 not respectfully.......peptabysmal.
walker and schilling have been going backward slightly.
1/20/2020 9:07 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 1/18/2020 9:02:00 AM (view original):
My ballot...(s)

IN THE “REAL” WORLD...

JETER, CLEMENS, BONDS, SCHILLING, a protest write-in of LOU WHITAKER, a protest write-in of PETE ROSE and a single sentimental vote for JJ PUTZ because he’s a local kid I saw pitch in high school.

IN “BAINES IS HOF-WORTHY” WORLD...

JETER, CLEMENS, BONDS, SCHILLING, ABREU, HELTON, MANRAM, ROLEN, SOSA and WALKER.
IN “BAINES IS HOF-WORTHY” WORLD...so are:

Will Clark, Don Mattingly, Steve Garvey, Al Oliver, Bill Buckner, Cecil Cooper, Dwight Evans, Jim Edmonds, Dave Parker, Tony Oliva, Dick Allen, Bill Madlock, Keith Hernandez, Willie Randolph, Thurman Munson, Bill Freehan, Lance Parrish, Rocky Colavito, Frank Howard, Gil Hodges, and of course Bonds and Clemens!
1/20/2020 11:48 PM
Gotta say. Many on your list ARE worthy. Hence the eternal debate. I could make a list of Hall of Famers to compare with your list. Except I could title the list "questionable" Hall of Famers." It would be just as long a list with just as many "notables". It's just not really possible for "fair" comparisons over decades of baseball. Different eras with differently constructed baseballs (and bats!---think anyone used maple bats in the 1930's or 40's?).

Different fielding abilities (gloves!!). Differing "aides" (Steroids vs. Greenies vs ??)
PLUS---the voters haven't seen all the Hall of Fame Players play. Know anyone who actually SAW Rogers Hornsby play??

WE even had someone state that they just don't understand the support for Vizquel.
I can get that, but I have to wonder did they ever SEE him play?? He was one of the finest defensive SS's ever!
Made all the plays and made very difficult plays look routine. Routinely!

IF you could have somehow combined Jeter and Vizquel into one player (using Vizquel's defense and Jeter's offense) you'd have one of the fin est SS's in the Hall!
1/21/2020 7:37 AM
Posted by Got_Worms on 1/18/2020 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 1/4/2020 3:57:00 PM (view original):
A lot of people saying they’d vote for Billy Wagner if there was no 10-player limit. But like, who tf are they voting for over Billy the Kid?
Gary Sheffield had some of the biggest gains this year. I'm still confounded by the support for Vizquel.
I wouldn’t vote for Vizquel but I get it. There are a lot of stud hitters in the Hall who were concrete blocks in the field. People have no problem electing all offense guys, so why is a stud defender at a premium position unworthy of consideration?

Im glad to see so much support for Rolen on here. Seems to be a lot of public sentiment against him and I don’t get why.
1/21/2020 9:02 AM (edited)
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/21/2020 9:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Got_Worms on 1/18/2020 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 1/4/2020 3:57:00 PM (view original):
A lot of people saying they’d vote for Billy Wagner if there was no 10-player limit. But like, who tf are they voting for over Billy the Kid?
Gary Sheffield had some of the biggest gains this year. I'm still confounded by the support for Vizquel.
I wouldn’t vote for Vizquel but I get it. There are a lot of stud hitters in the Hall who were concrete blocks in the field. People have no problem electing all offense guys, so why is a stud defender at a premium position unworthy of consideration?

Im glad to see so much support for Rolen on here. Seems to be a lot of public sentiment against him and I don’t get why.
The only thing I remember about Rolen was his ****** attitude about playing for the Phillies and forcing his way out of town. Kind of similar to my fondest memory of Gary Sheffield when he forced his way out of Milwaukee and Paul Molitor said: Great, who'd we get? Like, Molitor was so ecstatic Sheffield was gone he didn't care what they got in return!
1/21/2020 11:09 AM
voting is final - jeter in .....walker sqeaks in.
schilling at 70 %.
clemens and bonds not even close.
1/21/2020 7:41 PM
glad to see Walker get in, the case against him largely rested on ignoring 50% of his games and pretending that everyone who played for the Rockies routinely put up .350/.450./.600 slash lines
1/21/2020 8:26 PM
Rightfielders with a higher career OPS+ than Larry Walker.

1. Hank Aaron - 155

2. Frank Robinson - 154

That's it. Larry Walker is 3rd with a 141 OPS+
1/21/2020 11:18 PM
My mind on Walker was changed over the last few days. Glad to see him in, he was fun to watch.
1/22/2020 12:02 AM
Posted by 06gsp on 1/21/2020 8:26:00 PM (view original):
glad to see Walker get in, the case against him largely rested on ignoring 50% of his games and pretending that everyone who played for the Rockies routinely put up .350/.450./.600 slash lines
Full disclosure, I'm a huge Rockies fan.

If a hitter goes to Coors Field and puts up one or two huge seasons then does nothing else, Coors in full effect.

If a player like Walker goes to Coors Field and puts up consistent numbers for 8-9 seasons, he's clearly a great player, and deserving HOFer.
1/22/2020 12:20 AM
I have no problem with Walker getting in. His numbers when he played for Montreal, while not as good as his Rockies numbers, were still good. I do wonder what his carrer numbers would be if he didn't play 10 years of home games in Coors Field. His OPS in 10years as a Rockie was 1.044, and it was .839 in 6 years in Montreal. Still pretty good, but a good size discrepancy.
As I said, I have no real issues with Walker being in the Hall. He was a very good, if not great, player for a long time. Excellent fielder too!
1/22/2020 12:11 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 1/21/2020 11:18:00 PM (view original):

1. Hank Aaron - 155

2. Frank Robinson - 154

How are you defining right fielders? Ruth doesn't have a position with a majority of his career games, but the plurality of his games were played in RF.

Also
Harry Heilmann, 148
Shoeless Joe Jackson, 170
Mel Ott, 155
Gavvy Cravath, 151
Elmer Flick, 149
Wahoo Sam Crawford, 144

Not sure if that's the full list of guys who make you wrong. But it's a pretty big list of guys you missed when you only came up with 2 names. Larry Walker is at best 10th. Plus he's in a virtual tie with Gary Sheffield and Reggie Jackson, who played 25% and 40% more games than he did, respectively.
1/22/2020 1:36 PM
his last season at montreal was better then his first few seasons in colorado.
can you imagine if used steroids.
im sure a lot of voters gave him credit for that.
1/22/2020 2:06 PM
The biggest problem with the whole steroid thing IMO is just that! HOW do we know any of the players of that ERA didn't use? So many did and you can't prove a negative so........... HOW does anyone really KNOW Walker (or for that matter Jeter) didn't use anything?

OR that they found something ELSE that aided them at playing ball at their "mythical" peak playing performance, something only THEY knew about, something maybe even legal for some other purpose.

The taint is on the ERA. No offense to our friend Taint, herein.
And, some probably (perhaps, legitimately) will claim the "amphetamine" ERA is tainted.

This is why my bottom line is that Bonds should be in the Hall. Rose, too!
And anyone else deserving BASED on their ON field performance, irrespective of anything else.

With the realization (of course) that anything based on a VOTE triggered by an arbitrary Pct. garnered is always going to contain a component of politics/favoritism/sentiment, etc.

On that note.......... we ever gonna find out who the ONE voter was that didn't vote for Jeter??

And are you willing to state it was YOU.......... IF it was?
LOL
1/22/2020 2:31 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/22/2020 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 1/21/2020 11:18:00 PM (view original):

1. Hank Aaron - 155

2. Frank Robinson - 154

How are you defining right fielders? Ruth doesn't have a position with a majority of his career games, but the plurality of his games were played in RF.

Also
Harry Heilmann, 148
Shoeless Joe Jackson, 170
Mel Ott, 155
Gavvy Cravath, 151
Elmer Flick, 149
Wahoo Sam Crawford, 144

Not sure if that's the full list of guys who make you wrong. But it's a pretty big list of guys you missed when you only came up with 2 names. Larry Walker is at best 10th. Plus he's in a virtual tie with Gary Sheffield and Reggie Jackson, who played 25% and 40% more games than he did, respectively.
My bad. Found the original tweet.

So Larry Walker is 3rd in OPS+ for Rightfielders SINCE 1945

But that doesn’t include Giancarlo Stanton, who has a 144 OPS+ and 982 games in RF. So idk what the minimum qualifications are.

But still, a virtual tie doesn’t knock him down from the 3 spot.
1/22/2020 2:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
2020 Hall of Fame: Post your ballot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.