Mary Poppins
12/8/2019 2:16 AM
Mary Hartman
12/8/2019 4:44 AM
And for everyone in on the joke...

Mary Hartman
12/8/2019 4:45 AM
12/8/2019 11:23 AM
i do not post anymore about anything but i took a look and saw the stuff about wylie.
ill never post anything ever again around here in any of these threads.....it would be repulsive to me except to defend someone.
wylie is one of the very very very best people around here......he knows that i think that about him.
he is a very very very good soul and i have the utmost respect for him.

thats all i have to say.
12/8/2019 2:31 PM
Posted by usf_bulls on 12/7/2019 11:45:00 PM (view original):
While I'm writing the intro that will replace the current OP, I don't want a bunch of posts with nothing but "reserved." So, I am temporarily adding dialogue from one of my favorite movies of all time.
We don't care because YOU or anybody else can control a thread. You don't have control.
12/8/2019 2:46 PM
I haven't participated much around here lately. In a forum labeled "General Discussion, Non-Sports," 51 out of the 60 or so most recent topics have either been about politics (or threads ripping other posters, which by extension are about politics.) With an endless number of topics to choose from, politics apparently rule the world. For full disclosure, I have no idea how to categorize most of Bronx's threads so they are not included in the count.

Look, if politics (or ad hominem) is your passion, God bless you and you're in the right place. Your annus mirabilis is underway, (from the Impeachment hearings to the 2020 Election Day) as the American middle class continues to engage in unrestricted submarine warfare on everything their periscopes can get a hashmark on. I never imagined there were so many Harvard/Yale graduates on WIS. I suppose there are worse things in life. You could have all been products of that famous diploma mill called Cornell.

Personally, my interests lie elsewhere, mainly in history (military history in particular) and in philosophy. Of the two threads I'm going to maintain, this one will be about the approach of World War I, the conflict itself and the aftermath, which resonates as strongly today as ever. My other thread will focus on the Enlightenment (I'm kicking around the idea of naming that one "Why Everyone Should Hate the French" but I'll probably give it a less inflammatory title.) Between WWI and the Age of Reason, the silliness of the 21st Century is as easy to understand as a Dr. Seuss book.

I've never had a Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. account, so I've never acclimated myself to social media culture. That's wholly my deficiency. However, the kind of banter I've been reading around here over the past several months (I don't like to block) is not my cup of tea. Since I'll be reserving a bunch of posts and only occasionally updating, I'm not going to pay attention to anything below my own entries. As a thread that has nothing to do with the 2020 Election, I will assume that nobody will care or even read. That's fine. I'm not trying to teach. I just want to have a little fun before I die. So, I'm going to wish all of you guys health and happiness and do my own thing. Wylie, tang, cccp, bronx, bags, rsp, doug, all3, bob, dino, taint...you all take care.
12/8/2019 2:48 PM
Posted by tangplay on 12/7/2019 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Reminder that this thread was supposed to be apolitical.
Reminder you didn't start it. Stupid thread anyways.
12/8/2019 2:49 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 12/7/2019 7:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 12/7/2019 3:08:00 PM (view original):
He's gone. Dropped out never to be seen again. They are dropping out everyday. That's what snowflakes do.
Doug, you can **** off too.
I FORGIVE YOU
12/8/2019 2:50 PM
Why can't bronx crop a picture? What an annoying f***.
12/8/2019 2:51 PM
Posted by dino27 on 12/8/2019 2:31:00 PM (view original):
i do not post anymore about anything but i took a look and saw the stuff about wylie.
ill never post anything ever again around here in any of these threads.....it would be repulsive to me except to defend someone.
wylie is one of the very very very best people around here......he knows that i think that about him.
he is a very very very good soul and i have the utmost respect for him.

thats all i have to say.
LATER!~
12/8/2019 2:52 PM
◂ Prev 1234
I'll try this again in April... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.