Profile in Courage. Tulsi Gabbard Topic

Tulsi Gabbard

voted "present" twice

way to make a stand

political coward
12/19/2019 1:50 AM
I'm in AGREEMENT!! She just disqualified herself for ANY leadership position IMO. POTUS (for her) is now a complete JOKE.
She just demonstrated without ANY question that SHE is NOT ready or mature enough to lead ANYBODY's Government, much less OURS!

She might as well switch parties. Lack of integrity and Courage are the hallmarks of the OTHER major Party.
12/19/2019 7:52 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Maybe interesting, but completely unattainable for HUMANS! MOST Humans LIKE to assemble! Notwithstanding folks like you or (me?).
12/19/2019 9:24 AM
Why would people with like beliefs on issues stop meeting just because there are no Parties?
I contend people would actually meet and discuss things more, if they felt their input was actually considered.
12/19/2019 10:07 AM
I think parties are basic human nature. People like to belong to an in group and not have to make up their minds on certain issues.

If I agree with you on one thing, I'm more likely to want to agree with you on another thing.

Not arguing that this phenomenon is a good thing.

Btw Bob, who's your #2 pick? Wide open race tonight?
12/19/2019 4:54 PM
Ain't gonna watch............. BUT I could be.............. all yin for Yang!
12/19/2019 6:27 PM
Nothing really changed for me... still Pete, Sanders, and Yang in my top tier. Anyone but Steyer and Biden.
12/19/2019 11:12 PM
"Anyone but Steyer and Biden." AND Amy Squinteye, and Bloombugger and the Senator with the good eyebrows, and the weird author lady.
12/20/2019 7:24 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 12/19/2019 7:52:00 AM (view original):
I'm in AGREEMENT!! She just disqualified herself for ANY leadership position IMO. POTUS (for her) is now a complete JOKE.
She just demonstrated without ANY question that SHE is NOT ready or mature enough to lead ANYBODY's Government, much less OURS!

She might as well switch parties. Lack of integrity and Courage are the hallmarks of the OTHER major Party.
We all know it takes NO Integrity to run a partisan impeachment in the House and it takes NO Courage not to send those articles of impeachment to the Senate. The only party that has shown Lack of Integrity and Courage is the Democraps.

Tulsi Gabbard said she voted present because she knew it was a partisan process and it was her way of protesting and she could not vote yes or no in a process that only causes more division between the 2 parties. Good for her!
12/20/2019 8:45 AM
Posted by bheid408 on 12/20/2019 8:45:00 AM (view original):

We all know it takes NO Integrity to run a partisan impeachment in the House and it takes NO Courage not to send those articles of impeachment to the Senate. The only party that has shown Lack of Integrity and Courage is the Democraps.

Tulsi Gabbard said she voted present because she knew it was a partisan process and it was her way of protesting and she could not vote yes or no in a process that only causes more division between the 2 parties. Good for her!
Huh?
12/20/2019 10:26 AM

More and more of the American people agree. Since some on here love their polls, check the current ones regarding impeachment and how many have flipped to "Opposed". Now clearly less than 50% (46.8) support. Let the people rule, NOT the Parties. Even the Washington Post is running articles about how this will end-up hurting the Dems., and there are even Dem. Reps. changing Parties because they see first-hand how Politically-motivated this all is.
12/20/2019 10:26 AM
"Tulsi Gabbard said she voted present because she knew it was a partisan process and it was her way of protesting and she could not vote yes or no in a process that only causes more division between the 2 parties. Good for her!"

RIDICULOUS!! HOW is it leadership to attempt to take the middle ground on such a YUGE National issue as whether (or not) to impeach a POTUS! (ANY Pres.!)

It's nothing BUT a huge copout and a direct indication that Tulsi (unfortunately, perhaps) is NOT ready to be POTUS!

Speaking of courage and integrity.
Sometimes folks mistake guts, brazenness, and hutzpah for courage.

It takes no courage to disparage the dead. Something this POTUS does repeatedly........... to Americans!
Speaking of our current POTUS.

I've heard reporting on discussions our POTUS has had with his "aides" working on the "wall's" so-called building project along our Southern border.
They were (reportedly) discussing the ongoing process and how much actual wall was being built in the Rio Grande valley of Texas.
New wall construction has so far been squat as the LAND needed to construct the wall belongs to PRIVATE landholders and the National Gov't must "acquire" the land through legal "process". Such as it is, as the Gov't can exercise eminent domain and just take it IF NECESSARY for National purposes.

So far, I think the Trump admin. has been able to acquire 1/2 acre of land.

At any rate, our POTUS, our Nation's leader, the man encharged with representing US instructed his aides as follows:

"JUST TAKE THE LAND"

NOW, YOU know exactly how Trump feels about you, (a PEOPLE, you remember...."we the PEOPLE"), and just EXACTLY how much respect Trump has for our LAWS, ANY of them, including our CONSTITUTION, IF it gets in his greedy way!

Fact is, Impeachment is way way too good for this *******. He should be hung for the traitor he IS!

One little irony I saw when watching the impeachment so-called "debate".
I saw woman after woman after woman (all colors!) stand up and take the stand (no matter the personal political damage) and publicly declare the belief that the POTUS should be impeached.
And I saw old white man after old white man after old white man (ALL of them privileged beyond belief in our society!) try and defend the absolutely undefendable---------the selling out of OUR National Treasure (and OUR tax dollars!) in an attempt to rig yet another election!!

I'll gladly discuss integrity with you, Mr./Ms. Heid but FIRST you gotta prove you have enough intellect to warrant my time and attention.

You APPEAR to be just another faceless defender of the undefendable-------in this case attempting to defend a TRAITOR because of some ignorant concept of (party?) loyalty.
In that case I have NOTHING but contempt for you, another enemy of OUR freedom! An uninformed citizen! IF you actually are a citizen. There's certainly no way to determine that here. I've seen so many absolutely STUPID comments and posts around here I actually question some posters reality!
12/20/2019 10:57 AM (edited)
Posted by all3 on 12/20/2019 10:26:00 AM (view original):

More and more of the American people agree. Since some on here love their polls, check the current ones regarding impeachment and how many have flipped to "Opposed". Now clearly less than 50% (46.8) support. Let the people rule, NOT the Parties. Even the Washington Post is running articles about how this will end-up hurting the Dems., and there are even Dem. Reps. changing Parties because they see first-hand how Politically-motivated this all is.
Beware. POLLS! LOL. Did you get the "parameters" of that "poll"???
Thought not.

Of course this is political. NOTHING is more political than impeachment. Always HAS been.
And YES, 1 Dem. switched parties. Big deal. Thought you were against parties! BTW, you should do your research.
The ONE guy who switched (another OLD privileged white guy) fits ideologically better in the Repugnant PARTY and MOST IMPORTANTLY had NO chance of retaining his seat as a deemocrat. The last issue I'd bet is what led to his switch!

You really don't want me to list all the guys with an R after their name who repudiate the current head of the Repugnant Party (Trump) do you???
The list is very long and has some ethical folks on it, depending on your relative definition of ethics, of course.
But, I'll let it go. You (supposedly) don't defend Party!
Or our Nation's Primary Law, apparently.
12/20/2019 10:52 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 12/19/2019 1:50:00 AM (view original):
Tulsi Gabbard

voted "present" twice

way to make a stand

political coward

In 1999, Barack Obama was faced with a difficult vote in the Illinois legislature — to support a bill that would let some juveniles be tried as adults, a position that risked drawing fire from African-Americans, or to oppose it, possibly undermining his image as a tough-on-crime moderate.

In the end, Mr. Obama chose neither to vote for nor against the bill. He voted “present,” effectively sidestepping the issue, an option he invoked nearly 130 times as a state senator.

12/20/2019 3:21 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
Profile in Courage. Tulsi Gabbard Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.