No-brainer suggestions Topic

Fix the obvious bugs.

1. The "medical" bug
2. The signing "unwilling to sign draftees" bug
3. The "LT deal after 3rd arb" bug.

Instead of threatening people who take advantage of these, how about you do some code-writing, and patch the holes?
12/29/2019 10:25 AM
# 1 is no longer a sure thing.
1/3/2020 9:35 AM
Bump
4/4/2020 3:53 PM
Posted by brianp87 on 1/3/2020 9:35:00 AM (view original):
I also don't see #1 as a bug. It's a return on investment.
4/4/2020 8:25 PM
Posted by bripat42 on 4/5/2020 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/4/2020 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Agree wholeheartedly. The original programmers are long gone, so it's unlikely anyone ever will know for sure, but I think #1 was an intentional design. In real life, players frequently come back stronger after rehabbing injuries -- especially in terms of velocity after Tommy John surgery.

That said, the guy who runs this site now seems like the kind of guy who might assume it's a bug just because so many people on these boards call it a bug.
Agreed. It is not a bug. I have a few buddies that have had ACL surgery. One of them had a bad surgery, the others had excellent surgeries. The guy that had a bad surgery, can't play any sports that require side to side movement.

The doctors that are utilized play a huge role in recovery and sometimes guys (especially gym rats) finds ways to make themselves more effective training programs during their rehab and come back much stronger than they were pre-injury.

If this was taken out of the game because there was a perceived 'bug', this needs to be put back in.
4/5/2020 11:33 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/4/2020 8:25:00 PM (view original):
+1

Said this all along.

I know a guy runs 6 mil in Medical. Any player gets injured, he sucker trades the player away. I'm running 20 mil Medical, I deserve a return for fully investing in it.

4/5/2020 11:40 AM
It's a bug. Veterans who know about it use it to their unfair advantage.
4/5/2020 8:49 PM
Sounds like you don't spend $20M on it and may be a little jealous of the gains that the people that do get.
4/6/2020 7:20 AM
There are a hundred things about this game which aren't spelled out in the FAQ, and, quite frankly, there is a lot of misdirection in the instructions as well. They're intentionally vague. Just a couple of examples, Coach Hiring is spelled out like it's a big deal; Sixth-year minor league free agents are fool's gold. Almost every new owner gets sucked into them; and learns to ignore them eventually. Advanced Scouting.

If everyone played this game with a neophyte mindset, the playing field would be equal and the Player's Guide as written would apply. But the only real way to learn to play this game is to find a veteran and ask questions.

As I've said often and in various forums, if you are the type of person who would even have any interest in playing an online simulation game, you are by default the type of person who understands algorithms and seeks optimal results. We are all very similar just by the fact that we're here.

4/6/2020 9:06 AM
IN MORE PRACTICAL TERMS, THEN:

Budget allocation is everything in this game. Every dollar you save is something you'd rather spend ACQUIRING TALENT.

Veteran use of the scouting categories have become Zero Sum. Scout 20 mil, you get the best possible results. 18 mill, diminished. Once you drop past 16 mil, you're already seeing just a little over half the prospects with inaccurate projections. The sliding scale is not consistent, less than 16 and you might as well Zero.

So if you give me no point to running 20 Med, I'm just gonna do like that other owner I told you about. Minimize it, run the players till I break them, trade them as soon as they recover. And if I do that, then go all in and minimize Training as well.

4/6/2020 9:18 AM
I would not say its a bug. If I invest 20/20 in training and med and my player does not turn back to preinjury form then I am going to ****** and bail.
4/13/2020 8:00 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/6/2020 7:20:00 AM (view original):
Sounds like you don't spend $20M on it and may be a little jealous of the gains that the people that do get.
I absolutely use it. I just think it's an unfair advantage to those who do.
4/14/2020 8:21 AM
As damag implied, there's a lot about this game that newer players are unaware of. That doesn't make them bugs or unfair. If you spend more on any category, you should see better returns. I don't spend much on IFA. I shouldn't see as accurate projections or as many players as those who do.
4/14/2020 10:09 AM
No-brainer suggestions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.