Good Morning, Hollywood... Topic

Any resemblance of Fascism here looks like a US Senator(Dem. Senator Whitehouse) threatening to incarcerate citizens for challenging a sitting President's policy on climate change, or a sitting President weaponizing the government (IRS amongst others) to prevent citizens and groups from making political contributions. It was not the current administration. I haven't seen Trump ordering book burning, tearing down statues of historic American figures who's past he disagrees with, executions of Americans who oppose him, or mass graves of citizens based on their religion. Please draw a distinction between a hellbent Hitler and a duly elected US President. You may disagree with Trump on policy(from time to time i do), but he and his Attorney General are from what I can see upholding the laws they took an oath to defend. Some of those laws are admittedly flawed, but the job of fixing those belongs to the Congress, and their final interpretation rests with the Judicial Branch. Carpe Diem...
1/7/2020 2:06 PM
An African-American approval rate moving up towards 40%, up from below 10% not long ago, tells me those folks don't see him to be the racist the media portrays him to be. The argument is falling flat. You only have till November to convince those in Flyover America that he is the monster you claim him to be....a handful of heavily populated blue states get you far short of 270...you are facing 4th and goal from inside your own 10 yard line, and you have no play planned as the clock is running. Have a nice day.
1/7/2020 2:21 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/7/2020 2:23:00 PM (view original):
An African-American approval rate moving up towards 40%, up from below 10% not long ago, tells me those folks don't see him to be the racist the media portrays him to be. The argument is falling flat. You only have till November to convince those in Flyover America that he is the monster you claim him to be....a handful of heavily populated blue states get you far short of 270...you are facing 4th and goal from inside your own 10 yard line, and you have no play planned as the clock is running. Have a nice day.
Is African American approval rating really near 40%? Prove it.
1/7/2020 3:41 PM
He can't!! And he's probably gone now anyway. Linda's Trump/Hitler comparison struck to close to home and chased him!

Less propaganda to scan thru and ignore now. That's good riddance.
Now IF we could just eliminate all nutout's meme's!
1/7/2020 5:11 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/7/2020 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, that’s a MONSTER load of bullshit.
1/7/2020 5:11 PM
https://www.newsday.com/opinion/commentary/black-voters-donald-trump-support-1.39184208

I misspoke. 3 polls put him in the 30's...

The new Emerson poll puts Trump at 35 percent with black voters and 38 percent with Hispanics. “If you add in Asian voters at 28 percent approval,” notes Emerson’s director of polling Spencer Kimball, “our number is very close to the new Marist poll,” which finds Trump’s approval at 33 percent among non-white voters. A recent RasmussenReports poll has Trump support among black voters at 34 percent, and even the new CNN poll has Trump’s approval among non-white voters at 26 percent.
1/7/2020 6:20 PM
If...if he gets nearly double the support of minority votes that he got in '16 he may be tough to beat, yes? More than double would seemingly mean landslide...that should trigger a profanity laced tantrum out of DeNiro...Ruffalo may actually turn green without makeup. Perhaps they should add some extra outbound lanes at some SoCal border crossings. Moving sale!
1/7/2020 7:18 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 1/7/2020 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/7/2020 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, that’s a MONSTER load of bullshit.
HMMMM..............Here's a little something from Dec. 6th 2019.

RUSH: “U.S. Jobs Trounce Forecasts: 266,000 New Jobs.” The aforementioned experts — themselves dripping with hatred — predicted 180,000 jobs. It’s 266,000 jobs created. The economy is roaring. We have a 50-year low unemployment, 3.5% — a 50-year low. More black men have jobs than ever before. The African-American approval rating for Donald Trump is hovering in the 34 to 35% range. Audio sound bite number 3, Jim Cramer CNBC this morning.

CRAMER: Cable, CNN, MSN, what do they cover? Number 16, 16th, is positive economic news. All the rest of ’em are negative! So you know what’s going on here. People don’t want to say good things, and this is the best number I’ve ever seen in my life! … When we win the trade war — which you know we’re gonna win now because we have the better numbers — then they’re going to have to put the jobs here. That’s what they’re going to have to do. We’re not even talking about that yet. In the end, the Chinese are gonna have to put the jobs here. Because this thing is… The president can walk away from the table with this number. You can’t contradict these are the best numbers of our lives. It doesn’t matter whether you hate him or like him, these are real numbers!

1/7/2020 7:37 PM
OH LOOK! I FOUND THIS FROM DECEMBER 2nd 2019.

Among many things, it means that the media’s efforts to propagandize and indoctrinate people into automatically hating Donald Trump isn’t succeeding. They’ve already got their base that believes the New York Times are Democrats and loyalists, and those people don’t have to be persuaded, they automatically hate anybody who’s a Republican.

But who in their right mind would have ever believed that any Republican would have come along and gotten these approval rating numbers in the African-American community? Rasmussen, 34.5%, Emerson, 34%, now Marist is out. Rasmussen, the left doesn’t accept it. They think it’s tainted Republican. But Emerson and Marist are gold standard left-wing polls, accepted. Thirty-four and 33% approval, African-American approval of Donald Trump.

It’s things like this poll that tell me that the Democrats and the media are failing. How can this be? With all the hatred, with all of the negative. I mean, in all news coverage the percentage of it that is even neutral to Trump is less than eight. Ninety-two of all coverage of Donald Trump is oppressively, insultingly negative. And yet his approval numbers in the African-American community have quadrupled. And don’t doubt me when I tell you Democrats have noticed this and are panicked by it.

And if they lose, if this manifests itself as something like a 10% drop in African-American support for a Democrat presidential candidate, it’s over. Say sayonara. If Trump could get 10 to 12 to 15% of the black vote, it’s over for the Democrats. And don’t think that they don’t know it.

Now, Victor Davis Hanson, senior fellow, Hoover Institution, said the trend indicated by the polls is devastating for the Democrats. Even 20% African-American support for Trump would all but dismantle Democrat Party presidential hopes for 2020. Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 election with 88% of the black vote. That was a six-point falloff from Obama, who had 92%.

1/7/2020 7:41 PM

HEY Y'ALL. I'M DEMOCRAT GOVERNOR RALPH NORTHAM. I'M NOT VOTING FOR TRUMP.

THEN AGAIN...I'M NOT BLACK...........JUST BLACK FACE.
1/7/2020 7:52 PM

"Tell me about it" - Justin Trudeau.
1/7/2020 7:54 PM
I thought the idea of the guy running was goofy. I figured he wouldn't stay in it beyond a primary or two, maybe a few debates...we only knew the celebrity. And there wasn't much of that to like. Add to that his direct threat to the D.C. establishment and it looked like a plan to self destruct. I was figuring Cruz, Rubio or Jeb.
Now we sit here with these economic numbers, a big chunk of the country still numb over Hillary's snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and those same people having wet dreams of an economic collapse so their team can win. I can't get enough of watching the election night reruns...i have tried to be a good sport and not rub salt in the wound, but I just can't help myself anymore.
1/7/2020 8:27 PM
Doug, those polls are propaganda, and CNN probably just accidentally had too many Repubs on speed dial when they took that poll. Or the folks being polled misunderstood the questions. This can't be accurate. Maybe the Russians intercepted the calls and gave phony answers. We will get the real answers tonight when Rachel gives us the real news, not this fake crap...we should just blindly follow what the WaPo writes about it. Maybe Brennan will tell us the truth like he always does...the MF is going to prison...
1/7/2020 8:47 PM
I don't watch Hannity or listen to Limbaugh. I try to spend most of my searching for articles on realclearpolitics.com or the hill.com. I do read fox and townhall, and what isn't blacked out from wsj.com. I am not a Breitbart or Blaze subscriber. I watch very little TV anymore. I don't think I am any more inundated with propaganda than a CNN viewer is.
If Dougie is accurate with the 92% negative news of Trump, perhaps those viewers don't hear of accomplishments, just what Orange Man is accused of doing wrong, how his demise is imminent. Perhaps?
1/7/2020 9:22 PM (edited)
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/7/2020 6:21:00 PM (view original):
https://www.newsday.com/opinion/commentary/black-voters-donald-trump-support-1.39184208

I misspoke. 3 polls put him in the 30's...

The new Emerson poll puts Trump at 35 percent with black voters and 38 percent with Hispanics. “If you add in Asian voters at 28 percent approval,” notes Emerson’s director of polling Spencer Kimball, “our number is very close to the new Marist poll,” which finds Trump’s approval at 33 percent among non-white voters. A recent RasmussenReports poll has Trump support among black voters at 34 percent, and even the new CNN poll has Trump’s approval among non-white voters at 26 percent.
You really think Trump's going to win 35 percent of the black vote?

I'll take those odds. I would wager that he will be under 15 percent.
1/7/2020 9:25 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
Good Morning, Hollywood... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.