The NWPEE 1905/1970 season (FULL) Topic

The NWPEE is a 24 team dual year prog that will be heading into our 1905 /1970 season (Season 21) in a few weeks.

Some background on the NWPEE...

- No Whining is rule #1. Owners are expected to be responsible for their teams. That is... make your picks in a timely manner... keep track of your keeper lists... deal respectfully with the other owners... and enter your team without undue delay. We understand life can get in the way, but if it is doing so and impeding your ability to run your team, please let us know so we can take appropriate steps. Everyone is expected to be familiar with the rules and timetables and whining about any of these things is really not on.

- In order to discourage tanking, the NWPEE has a completely random draft order. The draft order is determined at or around the All-Star Break. And yes this means that the eventual WS champion can end up drafting 1st over all. Rounds then proceed in a serpentine fashion. i.e. 1-24, 24-1, 1-24, 24-1... and so forth.

- One of the unique features of the NWPEE is that, in order to ensure that there is a constant flow of good players available (and to mitigate somewhat the effects of the random draft), the NWPEE employs Contract Points. They operate much like a salary cap. Every team has a Contract Point ceiling of 80. Contract points are the equivalent of Years. So, if I draft rookie Ted Simmons this year and allot him 11 Contact Points, I will own his rights from the 1970 season until the 1980 season. He will then return to the pool of draft-able players. Once "signed" a contract is ironclad, with a few exceptions.

If you have any questions, please feel free to SM me...

eastvanmungo
1/7/2020 5:43 PM
The draft will begin on the 25th... earlier if we get the new owner on board and up to speed before then.
1/14/2020 10:00 AM (edited)
I will take Anaheim if its still available. Thanks!
1/14/2020 8:33 AM
You got it! Thanks for coming on board!!!
1/14/2020 9:58 AM
I'll take the Dodgers.
1/14/2020 11:12 PM
The NWPEE 1905/1970 season (FULL) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.