Sequential Pick 6 MLB126872 Topic

so if you do this again maybe if an owner has 5 or more picks to go then they have to pick 5 picks, instead of having 15 picks to go and then making only one pick. This is within the rules but kind of dumb way to go about it.
1/26/2020 7:56 PM (edited)
Posted by thunder1008 on 1/26/2020 5:35:00 PM (view original):
bheid -- I assume that if we get through 1900-1909 and some owners still have picks to make, we will then reverse direction again and go back through 1900-1909, 1910-1919 and so forth. Is that correct? Thanks.
yes
1/26/2020 9:35 PM
Posted by razorclams on 1/26/2020 7:56:00 PM (view original):
so if you do this again maybe if an owner has 5 or more picks to go then they have to pick 5 picks, instead of having 15 picks to go and then making only one pick. This is within the rules but kind of dumb way to go about it.
Yes, we'd have to make an adjustment. This starting to get rediculous.
1/26/2020 9:37 PM
waiting for calhoop
1/26/2020 9:37 PM
I am in
1/26/2020 10:14 PM
Perhaps a better solution for those growing impatient would be this:

Once the initial pass through all season groupings is done allow owners to then select from any timeframe while also requiring 6 picks (fewer if you have less spots open) per round.

That would probably wrap this draft up rather quickly.
1/26/2020 11:38 PM
I don't mind the current system but I'd probably be getting impatient too if I'd finished my picks. I think a lot of the remaining owners have targeted players they want in certain decades even if they're a few rounds away. ybjsports' suggestion for next time sounds like a good one.
1/27/2020 1:15 AM
requiring 4-6 picks a round (unless you have less spots to fill) would keep the idea of decade by decade picks while moving the draft along.
1/27/2020 7:44 AM
Round 21 1930-1939
Owner
3dayrotation Blanton Cy Dean Dizzy Collins Ripper Berger Wally
calhoop Hartnett Gabby Blades Ray Padgett Don Blanton Cy
Chisock Mize Johnny Cuyler Kiki Camili Dolph
ledfoot Mize Johnny Cuyler Kiki Hartnett Gabby Padgett Don Collins Ripper Brucker Earle
moses_k Hartnett Gabby Selkirk George
nocomm999 Dean Dizzy
thunder1008 Hartnett Gabby Collins Ripper
ybjsports Mize Johnny Collins Ripper Hartnett Gabby Delancey Bill
1/27/2020 8:00 AM
I was the first one to 25 players because I had to be. I was scheduled for a heart procedure last Thursday and knew I would miss at least one day drafting. It was a good thing I did because my first procedure went sideways and needed a second surgery that same day and was hospitalized multiple days.

I don't know if I would have drafted differently (I probably would have) but in looking at my team I will be happy to compete with it. I wouldn't change anything about the format. If I would have been healthy and drafting aggressively I probably would still be drafting as I would have been playing knockout with a couple of you that are done already. If I do well this season I might still use the same approach I did this season. In any event I am glad to still being around and able to enjoy this hobby.
1/27/2020 9:01 AM
Posted by mllama54 on 1/27/2020 9:01:00 AM (view original):
I was the first one to 25 players because I had to be. I was scheduled for a heart procedure last Thursday and knew I would miss at least one day drafting. It was a good thing I did because my first procedure went sideways and needed a second surgery that same day and was hospitalized multiple days.

I don't know if I would have drafted differently (I probably would have) but in looking at my team I will be happy to compete with it. I wouldn't change anything about the format. If I would have been healthy and drafting aggressively I probably would still be drafting as I would have been playing knockout with a couple of you that are done already. If I do well this season I might still use the same approach I did this season. In any event I am glad to still being around and able to enjoy this hobby.
Hopefully, you're well on the way to a full recovery.
1/27/2020 10:23 AM
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery mllama54
1/27/2020 11:36 AM
Feel better fast, mllama54.
1/27/2020 12:28 PM
Round 22 1920-1929
Owner
3dayrotation Rixey Eppa Hollocher Charlie
calhoop Hollocher Charlie Rice Harry Goslin Goose
Chisock Herman Babe Manush Heinie Rice Harry Wilson Hack Goslin Goose
ledfoot Wilson Hack Wheat Zack Manush Heinie Bassler Johnny
moses_k Goslin Goose Roush Ed Cochrane Mickey Bassler Johnny O'Neill Steve Hartnett Gabby
nocomm999 Manush Heinie
thunder1008 O'Farrell Bob Bassler Johnny Russell Reb - OF
ybjsports Miljus Johnny Goslin Goose Klein Chuck Wilson Hack Wheat Zack
1/27/2020 5:55 PM
Round 23 1910-1919
Owner
3dayrotation Davenport Dave Benz Joe
calhoop Wagner Honus Collins Eddie Whitted Possum Davenport Dave Gregg Vean Coombs Jack
Chisock Cree Birdie Caldwell Ray
ledfoot Gregg Vean Easterly Ted Vaughn Hippo Veach Bobby Collins Eddie
moses_k Vaughn Hippo Hughes Tom L
nocomm999 Collins Ray Rudolph Dick Vaughn Hippo
thunder1008 Rudolph Dick
ybjsports Davenport Dave Ames Red Mays Carl Vaughn Hippo Tyler Lefty Collins Eddie
1/27/2020 9:32 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Sequential Pick 6 MLB126872 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.