Maybe fanboy, maybe suck up ... but full disclosure, when I see gillispie1 pop up on the right last post, I'm clicking and getting ready for a knowledge drop. There may be (good natured) ribbing on your novella posts, but I appreciate them.
1/16/2020 8:52 PM
thank you for the kind note! i suck at being concise so no offense taken on that front
1/17/2020 3:10 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/17/2020 3:10:00 AM (view original):
thank you for the kind note! i suck at being concise so no offense taken on that front
Ironically, this might be your shortest-ever post.
1/17/2020 8:07 AM
I must agree, and admit that when I see gillispe1 has posted something I head right to that post. I know some valuable info about HD is soon going to be dispensed into my brain...He's either the most knowledgeable person about HD, especially about the different offenses, and defenses, or he's the best BS artist on the site...
1/17/2020 10:00 AM
Posted by duke137 on 1/17/2020 10:00:00 AM (view original):
I must agree, and admit that when I see gillispe1 has posted something I head right to that post. I know some valuable info about HD is soon going to be dispensed into my brain...He's either the most knowledgeable person about HD, especially about the different offenses, and defenses, or he's the best BS artist on the site...
Why not both?
1/17/2020 10:22 AM
this thread was probably a big mistake - what y'all don't realize is how much effort i put in to keeping the length of my posts under wraps lol :) prepare for gillispie unleashed! (perhaps by resting your eyes??)
1/18/2020 12:50 AM
I definitely think it's big BS. Haha. No offense gil! I love ya man! But I do just fine with.....

See good players
Sign good players
Win big games
The end.

Sometimes I think far too much analysis goes into things here. There is a ton of things that go into HD and the sets played. Knowing how to manage each set, and what attributes to look for is important. But not to the degree that gil takes ith the amount of outcomes that happen due to the (needed) random factor, all you can do is put yourself in the best position to win. And go with it. You can do 10k different formulas, but when the engine decides to say 'NAH!', you lose. The end.

As far as my players being scorers or passers for my triangle, that's because that's what I would like them to be. Triangle is the offense that is best suited for heavy distro on less players. So with that being said, I want everyone else to be able to feed it to them. Regarding my scorers (in triangle) NOT having good passing ratings, sure I'd love them to. But I was just pointing out that its an area I can sacrifice and get solid output still. Like a 85 SPD, 99 PER, 85 BH, 40 PAS guy. In triangle at D2, I'll take that all day for a triangle scorer. But I'm not a big fan of that guy (as much) with a motion offense. He'll still score but I feel his passing will bring down the overall performance of the offense
1/18/2020 7:26 AM

"I made this one [letter] longer only because I have not had the leisure to make it shorter."

Pascal
1/18/2020 9:16 AM
i still remember when someone replied tldr and i had to look up what it meant.
1/18/2020 9:20 AM
Posted by oldave on 1/18/2020 9:20:00 AM (view original):
Dave,

Cherish that memory. Pretty sure you will forget what TLDR means and/or that you once new.
1/18/2020 2:16 PM
I ALWAYS read gillispie1's posts.....I have learned many things from his posts. Not enough to get good, mind you...but still......
1/18/2020 3:35 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/18/2020 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by oldave on 1/18/2020 9:20:00 AM (view original):
Dave,

Cherish that memory. Pretty sure you will forget what TLDR means and/or that you once new.
im not sure if joe is suggesting that ...
my natural tendencies toward rambling endlessly will eventually override any thoughts of worrying about tldr
or
if this is an age joke and he is hinting that senility is not far off

probably works either way.

(lets put something down here about how "trenton pizza" is overrated and see if he is still reading ;-)
1/19/2020 12:35 AM
i know the haters will come out of the woodworks, but i will almost always stop and read a thread if CoachWard is the most recent poster. real, fake, whatever.... i like to imagine that there is some genius level information lurking within those posts if only we could decipher it.
1/19/2020 12:39 AM
1. I also enjoy the new and old coachward
2. barstool rated Trenton pizza very high, thank you very much
1/19/2020 7:05 AM
Posted by oldave on 1/19/2020 12:39:00 AM (view original):
i know the haters will come out of the woodworks, but i will almost always stop and read a thread if CoachWard is the most recent poster. real, fake, whatever.... i like to imagine that there is some genius level information lurking within those posts if only we could decipher it.
careful there oldave, you might end up like john nash if you go too far down that road :)
1/19/2020 2:32 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.