Is FSU no longer Elite? Topic

They are open in Stag and I have Syracuse and it shows as a lateral move.
1/27/2020 5:15 PM
Yeah, they're still elite as far as I know. I think it is treating Syracuse as a high prestige team because of your 13-2 record and being in the NC game this season. I've seen that before.

Case in point: I have Tennessee, and it is showing West Virginia as a lateral move. They have a 12-2 record.
1/27/2020 6:11 PM (edited)
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/27/2020 6:11:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, they're still elite as far as I know. I think it is treating Syracuse as a high prestige team because of your 13-2 record and being in the NC game this season. I've seen that before.

Case in point: I have Tennessee, and it is showing West Virginia as a lateral move. They have a 12-2 record.
Thanks for reply
1/27/2020 6:56 PM
I don't think the above answers the question. I'm at Missouri, and it is showing as a lateral move for me too.
1/27/2020 9:06 PM
I sent in the question. No where in any of the information they provide do they talk about elite programs now. The only clue is the qualifications are still higher.
1/27/2020 10:14 PM
I am going to pass my Orangemen future is too good to start over even with the elite status. I already have a FLA team in Warner. Had a strong run with FSU back in the day and took 2 NC with them but Syracuse is so close now I see no point in making the move. I am still interested on what the new management has to say about how the elite teams stack up these day's.
1/27/2020 11:30 PM
You should stay at the 'Cruse. Why leave now?
1/28/2020 12:44 AM
Talent trumps all.. Why leave when your advance promise is a only a slight recruiting advantage, with a lessor squad.?
1/28/2020 1:43 AM
Same with me at Missouri. I'm probably two years away, but I'm projecting a top five to top ten team in two years. And if I'm going to leave Missouri, not sure Florida State is where I want to go to. There are a few job openings I watch for, but Florida State isn't one of them.
1/28/2020 2:25 AM
Stay orange imo. You built yourself a nice squad. FSU is faux elite
1/28/2020 3:06 AM
It's still an Elite. The elite schools require the coach to have at least an "A" reputation to be considered for the position.
1/28/2020 9:14 AM
I was aa when I was thinking about the shift, This is the response to the question to management. " All teams move up and down from season to season based on results. That doesn't change their historical prestige, which is what anchors them from going too far down when results are bad. Syracuse is a high level teams as well, so it's certainly possible that a move to FSU could be considered lateral, especially considering the strong results you've had there. That doesn't mean you shouldn't take the job though, if you want it."

Thanks for playing on WhatIfSports.

1/28/2020 2:33 PM
So through the politician have it anyway you want it if you have teams with equal performance the elite team will have a advantage over the non elite. Elite teams still exist but they to move up and down based on records but the elites have a limit to their slide. As long as Penn St is close to Syracuse and they finish in the top 10 most likely they have the edge. FSU being surrounded with several elites does not have the same playing field as Penn St, which is why they remain the best school to coach followed by Texas,LSU,Tenn, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ala , USC, Michigan,Miami,Fla,FSU .N.D. Notre Dame suffers from not having as many top recruits as the others in my opinion. USC lacks competition and that is a real advantage. Nebraska and Oklahoma central location allows for pretty good long distant receipting vs lesser teams. TENN has a great location and a huge crowd of talent to recruit.
1/29/2020 8:09 AM
The Florida elite schools often recruit against one another and have zero advantage as elites vs one another. In fact one or two school's that is a non elite in the North east has a advantage over them in my opinion depending on surrounding school being human coached or sim . Miami gets my vote for best in the state of Florida.
1/29/2020 8:16 AM
Posted by rmancil on 1/29/2020 8:16:00 AM (view original):
The Florida elite schools often recruit against one another and have zero advantage as elites vs one another. In fact one or two school's that is a non elite in the North east has a advantage over them in my opinion depending on surrounding school being human coached or sim . Miami gets my vote for best in the state of Florida.
1. Miami
2. Florida
3. FSU
I think Miami is feast or famine but more feast than famine. Their advantage is anything close to Miami is left alone while FSU and Florida battle each other a lot and also deal with Bama and LSU. Getting local talent at Miami on the cheap is great because then you have more money to battle the other Florida schools for recruits or go long distance into Carolinas.
1/30/2020 3:25 PM
12 Next ▸
Is FSU no longer Elite? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.